PDA

View Full Version : My Damn Tranny

Blackdevil77
11-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Ok now I'm fresh out of idea's and would love to hear some from you guys. I have had a stock tune, VMS tune and the Kaltech tune, had my tranny fluid checked and changed twice, why in the hell won't my tranny shift were it's supposed to at WOT? It ranges from 5500 and 5800 rpm every time and throttle position is the same every time so it IS at WOT and no it's not a lazy tach. I need help. I can't turn to the dealer cuz they don't know what the hell there doing and are gonna wonder why I have been beating on the car. Please, any idea's or suggestions would be great. I'm going crazy!

Blackrider
11-08-2008, 07:49 PM
I see you have a Kaltech tune, maybe they messed something up?

Blackdevil77
11-08-2008, 07:51 PM
no it's not them. It does it with the stock tune, and with a VMS tune also

Blackrider
11-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Then I would flash the TCM with the stock calabration on take it to the dealer.

sultech
11-08-2008, 10:11 PM
try being nice to it for a while. aka dont beat the hell out of it with wot light to light. thats how i blew the tranny into pieces in my taurus.

13 QTR
11-09-2008, 02:27 AM
You didn't remove the maf screen? I did,and it screwed up my shifts,till I replaced it.

Blackdevil77
11-09-2008, 03:20 AM
nope. Didn't touch the maf screen. Did it before and after I installed my roto-fab. I don't always beat on it from stop light to stop light. Every now and then I'll go to a long side street to check to see if it's still doing it and it always does. I don't know what to say if I bring it to the dealer. "oh when I floor the car, it doesn't shift were it's supposed to. Every time I put the pedal to the ground, it shift's at around 5500 to 5800." They'll wonder why I have been beating on it to begin with or tell me nothings wrong it's fine

Art708
11-09-2008, 03:51 AM
Damned POS computer controlled transmission.

Blackdevil77
11-09-2008, 04:04 AM
^computers never liked me

Andy@Livernois
11-09-2008, 08:21 AM
Find a new dealer... No dealer should treat you like that, They know people beat on performance cars, if they don't want to help you file a complaint with GM.

GTPprix
11-09-2008, 08:48 AM
Ok lets go over the obvious stuff first:

1. Did you check it with something OTHER than factory tach IE Dashhawk or other scan tool? Stepper driven instruments are "lag" instruments IE if something is moving quickly what you see isnt necessarily where its at.

2. This happens at ALL temperatures correct?
3. Does this happen in ALL gears? If not which shift is it just the 1-2? (that may lead us back to #1)

Blackdevil77
11-09-2008, 12:40 PM
1. Yes I used something other than the factory tach. Brian used his laptop with hptuners with stock tune and his tune which confirmed it is in fact shifting early. If it's really cold or really hot, it will shift at around 5500-5600. If it's around 65 C, it shifts at 5800, 5900. that seems to be the sweet spot and it is only in the lower gears, (1-2) In the upper gears, shifts are fine

G8V8
11-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Please forgive my ignorance because I don't know if it applies to G8s but, if I'l not mistaken, in our Grand Prix GTPs the shifts happened on RPM or on MPH. When we changed our shift points we had to correct the shift mph too. Same thing if you changed the RPM/speed relationship, like by changing to a larger or smaller diameter tire.

If the G8 is the same, have you changed tire sizes or anything like that?

Blackdevil77
11-09-2008, 03:38 PM
nope. I still have the stock all seasons that came with the car. The early shifting happens with the stock tune also. It's also inconsistent when it shifts at WOT.

locrzn#92
11-09-2008, 05:34 PM
Wheres a deer when you need it.

Blackrider
11-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Find a new dealer... No dealer should treat you like that, They know people beat on performance cars, if they don't want to help you file a complaint with GM.

^

Blackdevil77
11-10-2008, 11:13 AM
ok, something is seriously up with my tranny and I am going crazy. I just sent another e-mail to the dealer. Today in sport mode at WOT, the car again at 5500 ATTEMPTED to shift but just jerked violently for about 3 seconds then felt like it went into neutral for a second, then shifted to 2nd. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!! Now I can blame it on the fluid mishap

GeorgeInNePa
11-10-2008, 11:25 AM

^This^

ok, something is seriously up with my tranny and I am going crazy. I just sent another e-mail to the dealer. Today in sport mode at WOT, the car again at 5500 ATTEMPTED to shift but just jerked violently for about 3 seconds then felt like it went into neutral for a second, then shifted to 2nd. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!! Now I can blame it on the fluid mishap

Read that again.

It's not going to be solved this afternoon. You need to take it to another dealer, perhaps you have one locally that sells and SERVICES a lot of Vettes?

R.Penguin
11-10-2008, 12:44 PM
"Damned POS computer controlled transmission."

:lame: Sorry, but you are dead ass wrong!

jmorgan
11-10-2008, 04:26 PM
Why would you take it back to a dealer that messed it up even more. Find another dealer.

Blackdevil77
11-10-2008, 05:59 PM
I'll give another dealer a call but I don't know of any that also sell/service vette's. And yeah my tranny is shot. On the way home from work, the damn thing has such trouble shifting it's un-believable and very upsetting.

R.Penguin
11-10-2008, 08:07 PM
I'll give another dealer a call but I don't know of any that also sell/service vette's. And yeah my tranny is shot. On the way home from work, the damn thing has such trouble shifting it's un-believable and very upsetting.
Sounds like a bad part from the git-go. That's what warranties are for. You have a right to insist on a new one, fully installed & tested.

-Ray-
11-11-2008, 03:52 AM

Try to relax. What's broke can be fixed.

Blackdevil77
11-11-2008, 05:40 AM
Today is gonna be a long day. Let's see what happens.

13 QTR
11-11-2008, 06:13 AM
Damn...wished ya'll was close enough to use my dealer. Their very mod friendly. The tech knows my car is modded and the manager has a idea,but he says "I don't want to know". They think I got NOS on it. When I screwed up the maf screen, they ordered a new one,the whole time knowing it had no cats and the vector tune/rotofab.

Blackdevil77
11-11-2008, 07:33 AM
Thursday is gonna be a long day. They said they are gonna let the service manager know I'm coming in. I wish I had my camera, id make a video to show you guys what it's doing