PDA

View Full Version : BMR Sway Bar set

todds87ss
05-24-2010, 05:21 AM
Brand: BMR
Price: $290.00 (I think. Have not yet checked my statement)
Purchased From: BMR fabrication

Installation: Rear was very easy. 1 hour tops, including prep/ jacking the car up, tool wrangling. Front took a lot longer. Remove the steering rack bolts on each side to gain clearance. Also jack the car up higher than you might think you need to.
Installation Time: 3 hours for both
Any Installation Tips You Have: You can do it all with a 13/15 mm socket set and a 6mm allen wrench. I recommend air tools and ratcheting box end wrenches for the tough ones.

Quality of Part: (rate 1-10) 10 very good welds and excellent fit/finish.
Product Performance: (rate 1-10) 10 as far as I can tell. The car is much flatter in the turns. Those with extensive suspension mods may not notice as big a difference. This should be billed as the first performance suspension mod, as it really lets you know what better handling is like, with no sacrifice in ride quality or noise.
Would you Recommend to Others: yes

Any Other Comments:
For the price of a few bushings, you can get these bars. Adjustable, with poly bushings. I waited a long time for the development of these, as they were exactly what I wanted.

SRG963
05-24-2010, 05:23 AM
Thanks for the review, I can't wait to get mine installed!

Which holes did you go with? I was thinking of going with the most aggressive since I have no other suspension mods.

G8Smitty
05-24-2010, 10:10 AM
Got mine today at Noon and had the rear completely installed by 12:45pm. Perfect fit, no issues at all. I went with the firmest setting and now it is obvious that I need to install the front one (glad I ended up buying the set...). I probably won't get a chance until this weekend to get the front installed. Thanks BMR and Kyle!

-Ray-
05-24-2010, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the review.

Chewy
05-24-2010, 01:01 PM
Nice review! Thanks!

todds87ss
05-24-2010, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the review, I can't wait to get mine installed!

Which holes did you go with? I was thinking of going with the most aggressive since I have no other suspension mods.
Hole 2 and 3 (front and rear respectively) - most aggressive settings. For those who have not yet installed the fronts, save yourself some time, and remove all 4 bolts (2 on each side) that hold the steering rack to allow movement. You will thank me later.

BMR Sales
05-24-2010, 01:27 PM
Thanks for all the feedback guys. We ahve been very pleased with the results of the G8 sway bars and feel like they are the best bang for th buck as far as suspension stuff goes on the G8. :D

BMR Suspension
05-25-2010, 05:58 AM
Brand: BMR
Price: $290.00 (I think. Have not yet checked my statement)
Purchased From: BMR fabrication

Installation: Rear was very easy. 1 hour tops, including prep/ jacking the car up, tool wrangling. Front took a lot longer. Remove the steering rack bolts on each side to gain clearance. Also jack the car up higher than you might think you need to.
Installation Time: 3 hours for both
Any Installation Tips You Have: You can do it all with a 13/15 mm socket set and a 6mm allen wrench. I recommend air tools and ratcheting box end wrenches for the tough ones.

Quality of Part: (rate 1-10) 10 very good welds and excellent fit/finish.
Product Performance: (rate 1-10) 10 as far as I can tell. The car is much flatter in the turns. Those with extensive suspension mods may not notice as big a difference. This should be billed as the first performance suspension mod, as it really lets you know what better handling is like, with no sacrifice in ride quality or noise.
Would you Recommend to Others: yes

Any Other Comments:
For the price of a few bushings, you can get these bars. Adjustable, with poly bushings. I waited a long time for the development of these, as they were exactly what I wanted.

Thanks for the review!!!

Actually, the retail price is $299.95 for both sway bars (with bushings). We are having a 10% off sale right now, so the current price is $269.96.

G8Smitty
05-25-2010, 07:17 AM
Finished the front last night in a little less than 2 hours. I spent a least a 1/2 hour of my time looking for a socket that was missing from my tool chest.

Easy install and a great fit. The car is very neutral as Kyle stated that it would be. Definitely worth the $300 (I got my for the special price :) ).

There is a video on g8modz.com (http://g8modz.com/swaybar.htm) that shows you how to snake the front swaybar through the front cradle. I found this very helpful.

BMR Sales
05-26-2010, 05:32 AM
Finished the front last night in a little less than 2 hours. I spent a least a 1/2 hour of my time looking for a socket that was missing from my tool chest.

Easy install and a great fit. The car is very neutral as Kyle stated that it would be. Definitely worth the $300 (I got my for the special price :) ).

There is a video on g8modz.com (http://g8modz.com/swaybar.htm) that shows you how to snake the front swaybar through the front cradle. I found this very helpful.

Good deal let us know if there is anything else we can do for you guys and keep the feedback coming.