PDA

View Full Version : Who is spraying their g8gt

locrzn#92
05-18-2010, 01:30 PM
I'm thinking about putting 150 shot on my g8, I keep breaking stuff on my vet which I was planning on taking to Pinks All Out in July. I may take the g8 if I get the right set up and can spray it without any problems. If you are spraying could you give some feedback and tell me how you like it and what kind of pick ups you are achieving. thanks

wnt2gofst
05-18-2010, 01:34 PM
I will be spraying soon..I have the Harris Speed Works 90mm Wet plate kit. But i will only be spraying a 100 shot.

Mier
05-18-2010, 03:27 PM
I'm thinking if I find a few hundred burning a hole in my pocket I might try a nitrous kit. Those Harris kits look really nice just sitting there at the intake, easy to install. I was told that there is an electronic module that goes with it that will spray at WOT and pause the spray during shifts, what would that be called?

wnt2gofst
05-18-2010, 04:21 PM
I'm thinking if I find a few hundred burning a hole in my pocket I might try a nitrous kit. Those Harris kits look really nice just sitting there at the intake, easy to install. I was told that there is an electronic module that goes with it that will spray at WOT and pause the spray during shifts, what would that be called?

You thinking of The MicroEdge+ Progressive Nitrous Controller..Plus you can buy there The Interface Nitrous Controller that auto controls your timing

gr8lover
05-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Once I get my suspension all worked out and a camaro diff this spring..... I am leaning on doing it also.......... would be fun.....

locrzn#92
05-18-2010, 05:13 PM
I think the progressive is what I'll be looking at and I definetly need to retard the timing about 6 degrees when spraying. I think the drivetrain on the g8 will handle the spray much better then the vet. If my vet was an auto. I wouldn't worry about it as much and its about 2 grand out of my pocket just to fix the shit I did at the track a couple weeks back. I thought about switching the vet to an auto as thats what most of the guys are doing on the vet forums so they don't shock the drive train as much. Almost all have broken the same parts I have. I bought a 2003 t56 with 16,000 miles on it and a rear diff with 39,000, also the dte brace to tie them both together and maybe this won't happen again. thanks for the feed back.

Devilish34
05-18-2010, 05:22 PM
Only only spray it with water.........for now

wnt2gofst
05-18-2010, 06:05 PM
Only only spray it with water.........for now

Key words there...

wnt2gofst
05-18-2010, 06:06 PM
I think the progressive is what I'll be looking at and I definetly need to retard the timing about 6 degrees when spraying. I think the drivetrain on the g8 will handle the spray much better then the vet. If my vet was an auto. I wouldn't worry about it as much and its about 2 grand out of my pocket just to fix the shit I did at the track a couple weeks back. I thought about switching the vet to an auto as thats what most of the guys are doing on the vet forums so they don't shock the drive train as much. Almost all have broken the same parts I have. I bought a 2003 t56 with 16,000 miles on it and a rear diff with 39,000, also the dte brace to tie them both together and maybe this won't happen again. thanks for the feed back.

Ther progressive dont retard the timing..just remember that..

Tweaky
05-18-2010, 09:02 PM
Not a GT, but I spray my GXP. Only up to 75hp shot so far, as I am still on the first bottle for it. Need to change plugs before I go too much higher (platinum does not like juice). Also have a spare tune from VMS with 4 deg timing pulled for when I spray. My kit is almost all NX (bottle opener, heater, purge, solenoids, FPSS and jets), with a Nitrous Outlet 2-stage plate, and FJO Two-Stage Progressive Mini-Controller. Still have to wire the heater though. Bottle is mounted in spare tire well, switches are loose ATM, stuffed into the driver door map pocket. Will take some pics once everything is buttoned up and wires are all wrapped and loomed.

MGM GT
05-19-2010, 06:44 AM
Yeah I've tried out spray a few times, never really made a full or clean pass with it yet.

I have a Zex wet kit for the G8 that works well. RPM pulled a few degrees of timing out of the tune and checked it on the dyno. A 100shot was right on the money with 100whp and A/F being spot on.

shane
05-19-2010, 08:16 AM
Soon enough

locrzn#92
05-19-2010, 12:44 PM
Shane, is that you? Not sure what soon enough means. Still haven't been to louie to run the g8 or the vet. Maybe sometime in the future. Looks like you er running pretty good.
Mgm, are you still planning on spraying in the future? Let me know how it goes.

shane
05-19-2010, 01:18 PM
Yep its me... yea ive been happy with the car so far this year.. i should be very soon buying a kit...

jaxredg8
05-19-2010, 02:51 PM
I have 3 different tunes in my HP handheld (125, 150 and all motor) and my car seems to love it. I have the Harris Speed Works kit with the all-out accessory kit with the micro-edge, etc...

I've had it for over a year and couldnt tell you how many bottles I've went thru. Mine is set-up to not come on in 1st gear at all, 3000-6200 window, etc. Any other questions, be glad to help.

locrzn#92
05-19-2010, 03:13 PM
Jax, have you run yours at the track? If so, what kind of ets?
Shane, I'd be interested after you get done with it to see what you can run with spray. Are you going to hose it with 150? If so, you should be in the high to mid 11's. Keep me up to date, I might even consider having you tune mine after I get the spray on it. Would you consider doing that?

shane
05-20-2010, 12:09 PM
ill do a 100 for now... ordered my kit today.. did a nx dbw kit..local shop is a supplier..

yea let me see how mine goes and we can work something out i got a new tune ive been working on ...not alot has to be changed

shane
05-20-2010, 12:10 PM
do u like the harris controller? i order a nx dbw kit with the genx kit and am needing a controller and was looking at the harris and the nx one..let me know
I have 3 different tunes in my HP handheld (125, 150 and all motor) and my car seems to love it. I have the Harris Speed Works kit with the all-out accessory kit with the micro-edge, etc...

I've had it for over a year and couldnt tell you how many bottles I've went thru. Mine is set-up to not come on in 1st gear at all, 3000-6200 window, etc. Any other questions, be glad to help.

locrzn#92
05-20-2010, 04:35 PM
Good luck Shane, let me know how it works out.

jaxredg8
05-21-2010, 04:51 PM
do u like the harris controller? i order a nx dbw kit with the genx kit and am needing a controller and was looking at the harris and the nx one..let me know

I love mine! Takes all the guesswork out of everything.

HoldenSS
05-21-2010, 05:48 PM
1)you shouldn't t spray in first gear and overdrive gears (5th and 6th)
2)spray 2nd,3rd and 4th
3)start 3000 and don't spray through shifts
4)Spray 75 or 100 shot max just to be safe and don't go crazy about the timing
I recommend the Harris speed works wet plat kit with the all out kit and Micro edge controller or Nitrous outlets wet plate kit with the all out kit and the MSD switch

Tweaky
05-22-2010, 12:11 AM
FYI, 125hp shot on stock plugs and gap = blowout.

Also, if you are going to avoid spraying through the shifts, set the max RPM as close to the shift RPM as you can get it...had mine set 500 rpm early, and I swear it felt like it wasn't making any difference with the 50hp shot. And don't be too conservative with the initial ramp/delay. Mine was .5sec delay after WOT/3k and 20%-100% over 1.5 sec. That may work for the 150hp shot, but for little one I need to have it just kick right at 3k...maybe do 50%-100% over 1 sec just to be sure the RSAs don't blow off (nice thing about racing with 8k+ DA, traction is much less of an issue).

09gtt
05-22-2010, 01:03 AM
Do u guys think buying a timing controller would be worth buying? I'm only running a 75 shot n I think my tuner pulled 2-4 degrees of timing. I have the nano kit so he pulled a little more timing. I'm just wondering how much power it is losing n/a. I've heard anywhere from 5-20 rwhp.

ULTRA Z
05-22-2010, 08:47 AM
1)you shouldn't t spray in first gear and overdrive gears (5th and 6th)
2)spray 2nd,3rd and 4th
3)start 3000 and don't spray through shifts
4)Spray 75 or 100 shot max just to be safe and don't go crazy about the timing
I recommend the Harris speed works wet plat kit with the all out kit and Micro edge controller or Nitrous outlets wet plate kit with the all out kit and the MSD switch

these are good but very very safe rules to follow
however i never had any issuse spraying 1st through 5th gears and spraying through shifts the only effects were way faster times and on ls style motors 150 is what i would run i have sprayed 200 a few times but wasn't comfortable with it 150 all day no issues def don't spray below 3K and def have a window switch as well

locrzn#92
05-23-2010, 06:34 AM
Lots of info you guys have provided. This will be a last resort if something else were to happen to the vet and I couldn't make it to pinks all out with it. I'm still planning on spraying the vet, but, it definetly won't be in 1st gear. thanks

ULTRA Z
05-23-2010, 06:41 AM
i have honestly never heard to not spray 1st that being said everyone around here sprays first gear ????

hey locrzn#92 good luck at pinks allout i've been to 3 and its alot of fun

shane
05-24-2010, 08:23 AM
ive always known of people running tr6's or a 103 autolite.... for 1 step colder..only thing is a tr6 is a projected tip. which i know a non is prefered..

'02 ws6
05-24-2010, 11:08 AM
i have honestly never heard to not spray 1st that being said everyone around here sprays first gear ????

hey locrzn#92 good luck at pinks allout i've been to 3 and its alot of fun

I've know a couple ppl with 2 stage setups and even some basic wet/dry kits that spray out of the hole. I prefer 2nd or 3rd gear. Its all personal preference. One guy told me there's some carry over when he sprays out of the whole though, dunno the validity of that statement though so don't quote me on it.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

jaxredg8
05-25-2010, 06:16 PM
Sorry it took awhile to answer a few questions. I agree that you can spray in 1st but I did nothing but spin thru it anyway so I use that gear to get rolling. I spray 2-5th (even though I rarely even see 4th thru the 1/4) 3000-6100 rpms and shift at 6300.

And someone asked about the HP handheld. I love it.
I use tr-6 plugs.

And its been to the track to run once with the bottle but it was on street tires and well, lets just say I did about an 1/8 mile burnout. something about 600 ft lb's of tq and street tires.... Got my DR's now.

I want to upgrade the drive shaft and axles but the wife keeps saying "If its not broke, you're not fixing it!" So, I figure with the 175 shot and the sticky DR's, something will give......

locrzn#92
05-27-2010, 12:43 PM
Jax I hear that all the time, stop fucking with it before it breaks. She was right about the vet, it did break. I want to spray it, but, just spent $2700 fixing it. Wow, I have to many Ls engines, I've heard that also.

shane
05-27-2010, 11:20 PM
Started the install on mine taking my time and doing it clean

wnt2gofst
05-28-2010, 09:27 AM
My install will be finished by tomorrow. Hopefully get to track in next few weeks. I be happy with some high 11s in this heat. In few weeks it be over 100 degrees.

locrzn#92
05-31-2010, 03:54 AM
Shane and wnt please keep us up to date on the progress.

VENOM
06-30-2010, 04:34 AM
i would love for someone to provide their kit information with cost. i know NOTHING about nitrous. i'd like to run a 75 shot, nothing to crazy, only for the track really. Daily driver so want to keep it safe. But I have no clue what to buy or how much everything will run me. Any info would be great!

wnt2gofst
06-30-2010, 05:31 AM
i would love for someone to provide their kit information with cost. i know NOTHING about nitrous. i'd like to run a 75 shot, nothing to crazy, only for the track really. Daily driver so want to keep it safe. But I have no clue what to buy or how much everything will run me. Any info would be great!

You have a pm on the way to help you out..

youngrushhour
06-30-2010, 12:20 PM
I really think this is the route I might go with the car. I'm probably going to go with the HSW Sudden Impact plate kit along with their All Out Accessory kit along with the obvious switch plate and probably a remote bottle opener. Was going to go nitrous on the GTO before I did a cam swap, but it's pretty fucking expensive to do a non-DOD cam swap in this car, it seems like. And most cars with the DOD cam swap just aren't getting great results for the cost. I'll probably run a 150 shot on the car to get it nicely into the 11s.

Darkmanx
06-30-2010, 12:50 PM
who makes the best kits , with like rpm swtiches and bottle heaters and all that good stuff, everything to do it the correct way.

youngrushhour
06-30-2010, 01:06 PM
who makes the best kits , with like rpm swtiches and bottle heaters and all that good stuff, everything to do it the correct way.

I've always heard great stuff about the HSW kits, which is why I'm probably going that way. I know my tuner swears by their kits.

Darkmanx
06-30-2010, 01:22 PM
I've always heard great stuff about the HSW kits, which is why I'm probably going that way. I know my tuner swears by their kits.

hmm. why they market there universal kit as a g8 specific kit when its not.

wnt2gofst
06-30-2010, 03:58 PM
hmm. why they market there universal kit as a g8 specific kit when its not.

I think it is to make it easier for ordering it. So you dont have to geuss what all you need..

bradshow
07-01-2010, 05:02 AM
I'm really thinking of adding juice to my car as well. My only concern is the tuning. I want to be able to daily drive the car with no issue and have a tune for 100-125 shot for the track or possibly some street runs. What is the best way to tune for this?

Looks like I will be going with the Harris plate kit if I do. Any further tips would be greatly appreciated

Darkmanx
07-01-2010, 05:21 AM
The thing I hate about nitrous is that you have to make your car slower when your running without it. You gotta retard timing but tuning for track daily driver is no prob

G8-4-Speed
07-01-2010, 02:59 PM
The thing I hate about nitrous is that you have to make your car slower when your running without it. You gotta retard timing but tuning for track daily driver is no prob

My tune doesn't give up any power on the nitrous tuneup. BUT the dry setup runs the MAF up higher so I can pull timing only in the upper area where only the nitrous runs at.

youngrushhour
07-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Holy crap you dont need a 150 shot to get you into the 11's!! Simmer down, haha.

Oh, I know that. ;) I would prefer the car to be right around the bottom 11s on a good day, and the 150 will get it there. Wouldn't mind being able to sandbag some during 11.5 index races.

youngrushhour
07-01-2010, 08:51 PM

If you have HP Tuners and a laptop, this isn't a problem. Nitrous tune for the track or use in Mexico and your normal tune for without it.

youngrushhour
07-01-2010, 08:52 PM
I think it is to make it easier for ordering it. So you dont have to geuss what all you need..

Most of the LS engines are fairly similar and use fairly similar parts, anyway.

Darkmanx
07-02-2010, 05:02 AM
If you have HP Tuners and a laptop, this isn't a problem. Nitrous tune for the track or use in Mexico and your normal tune for without it.

because you drive around with hptuners and your laptop and you flash tunes at stop lights right?

youngrushhour
07-02-2010, 07:02 AM
because you drive around with hptuners and your laptop and you flash tunes at stop lights right?

No, but I'm also not driving around with my nitrous system hooked up in NJ, either. I really don't want to deal with that huge fine and lose my license. It's very, very illegal to drive around with a bottle hooked up in my state.

Darkmanx
07-02-2010, 09:13 AM
I'm saying when u tune for nitrous you pull timing making your car slower, so if u drive around and someone wants to race without nitrous your car is gonna be slower. Your on the highway and a m3 gets beside you , you gonna say hold on lemmy open my bottle and purge

bradshow
07-02-2010, 09:47 AM
So for a 125 shot, tr6's and pulling 3-4 degrees of timing in the tune would be safe?

Darkmanx
07-02-2010, 09:50 AM
Seriously your not going to miss 10-15hp in a 4,000+lb 400+hp car. You can't feel the difference at all. We are talking 3-4 degrees of timing here at most, really not a big deal. If you lose a race it's because of something else, mainly just because your car is slow not because of a nitrous tune. Hell I run mid 11's on motor on my nitrous tune... an extra 10-15hp on the N/A tune isn't going to make any difference.

i beg to differ, for 1 your car is not going to be 400+ off of nitrous so ???? your car is 300 hp without nitrous then your taking away from that, its 400 with nitrous. maybe your car but most that use nitrous dont have head swaps and all that crap

youngrushhour
07-02-2010, 10:27 AM
I'm saying when u tune for nitrous you pull timing making your car slower, so if u drive around and someone wants to race without nitrous your car is gonna be slower. Your on the highway and a m3 gets beside you , you gonna say hold on lemmy open my bottle and purge

Well, again, I'm not going to have that problem. I won't use the nitrous or nitrous tune on the highway and I walk M3s all the time as is. That's why HP Tuners is a good thing. I can have my nitrous tune at the track and remove it for on the way home.

Darkmanx
07-02-2010, 03:20 PM
WTF? Are you kidding? I have WELL more then 400hp OFF nitrous! Even on a stock car your not going to notice 10-15hp, you might think you do in your head but seriously it's 10hp... who cares?

Yes I would double check it but normally that timing pulled and those plugs are fine, some will debate the plug choice but they will be fine.

did you see what i posted i said you wont because your car is modded but i will, my car is slow as hell. coming from a car that weights 1000+ more pounds with 400 whp to this i feel everything my car is slow as balls.

Darkmanx
07-02-2010, 03:24 PM
my point is ill notice it.

Darkmanx
07-02-2010, 03:50 PM
haha ok... if you think you can notice an 8whp difference in a 4,000+lb sedan then well I want some of what your smoking!!

280-10 is only gonna leave me with 270. im driving a friggin boat.

wnt2gofst
07-02-2010, 03:55 PM
280? What kind of clapped out boat you driving?

Sorry but despite what you think anything under 10hp is not noticeable. Thats hardly anything at the wheels... nobody's butt dyno is that calibrated. Well except for maybe a fag's since it see's so much action.

HAHA...

I did notice the little power i lost. I swear i noticed the 15TQ i lost and the 8hp...

Ok i dont notice it at all..

Darkmanx
07-02-2010, 03:56 PM
HAHA...

I did notice the little power i lost. I swear i noticed the 15TQ i lost and the 8hp...

Ok i dont notice it at all..

beach your heavily modded too.

wnt2gofst
07-02-2010, 06:08 PM
beach your heavily modded too.

I dont care if you are modded heavy minor or not you willnt miss 10hp. I miss the TQ when i mess around on the street. It just feels different. I didnt really notice when i only had a cold air on but it dynoed at 323 to the wheels with just it on there. that atleast 17 more hp then compeltely stock.

And how am i heavily moddes? I have headers, exhaust, tune and cold air when i am not spraying...That simple bolt ons..be diff if i had a cam also.

wnt2gofst
07-02-2010, 06:10 PM
15wtq you might notice... maybe, but under 8whp?

Before N2O tune=375hp/392tq...after N2O tune=367hp/377tq...

Darkmanx
07-02-2010, 06:24 PM
you guys are saying your gonna miss the tq not hp . i said your cars gonna be slower and you guys started saying your not gonna miss the hp just the tq! when i said your gonna make your car slower i ment tq and hp not just hp

wnt2gofst
07-02-2010, 08:47 PM

I may have lost a little...But actually i drive with my bottle on incase some M3 or better yet a vett wants some. A purge takes a split second and the nitrous is already there even when not purged. It mayeb not be as cool as what is in the bottle but it is there..And with a WOT set up dont really have to purge..Soon you hit it lettimg him know you will run it purged its self.

wnt2gofst
07-02-2010, 08:53 PM
I maybe lost a tenth after the new tune..So i will still be in the 12s. And now with a 125 shot i will hit 11s pretty easy. mayeb no 11.3s but with good weather and good track prep i think i can hit 11.6s. With hot weather i think i will be 11.8s..

If you put Nitrous on you will botice it at all with a stock car either..If you do then you are teh best human dyno ever...Go to teh track and run with out the Nitrous you will notice maybe see that tenth of a diff..I lose a tenth N/A to gain a second or more with spray..hell if i run my purge under car you never know i was spraying it..