PDA

View Full Version : SLP headers

edmanet
11-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Anyone have any thoughts on the new coated SLP headers with hi-flow cats that will bolt up to the stock exhaust ??? SLP is claiming about 28 hp.

Mike@NewEra
11-07-2008, 01:18 PM
I think it is more like 28 at the flywheel , but it does look like a good bang for the buck . We have them on sale right now for $1169.95 .

G8Smitty
11-07-2008, 03:50 PM
I apologize if this question has been answered somewhere, but to get the 20+ HP out of them will I need to get my G8 re-tuned or will I get the HP right after the install?

GRRRR8
11-07-2008, 05:24 PM
I apologize if this question has been answered somewhere, but to get the 20+ HP out of them will I need to get my G8 re-tuned or will I get the HP right after the install?

Retune will get you the most, but there is a gain just bolting them on.

todds87ss
11-10-2008, 03:54 AM
Being from the Camaro camp, I'm always wary about SLP claims. They are famous for "over-estimating" HP gains. I'm waiting for someone to dyno.

'02 ws6
11-10-2008, 11:26 AM
Being from the Camaro camp, I'm always wary about SLP claims. They are famous for "over-estimating" HP gains. I'm waiting for someone to dyno.

LOL x2 on the SLP. I for one especially love the MAF getting +15hp on the fbodies!!

jbradsh1
11-10-2008, 03:04 PM

I got an even 15 rwhp with Kooks shorty headers with high flow cats. That's with no tuning or any other modifications whatsoever. That works out to 18+ horsepower at the crank.

Andy@Livernois
11-10-2008, 04:17 PM
SLP is ok stuff, but it's usually somebody else's product rebadged and marked up... I would spend the extra money to get a top tier header if it was me... i.e. Kooks

GTPprix
11-10-2008, 07:27 PM
SLP is ok stuff, but it's usually somebody else's product rebadged and marked up... I would spend the extra money to get a top tier header if it was me... i.e. Kooks

+1

bwooten492
11-11-2008, 04:17 PM
So you guys don't think the SLP stuff would be good for just bolting up to an existing catbck? I actually really like the idea of this SLP stuff. It may not make what they say it does, but I would rather just get these and be done with it than needing headers and a midpipe. I could see a solid 20 RWHP from these. No?

GRRRR8
11-11-2008, 04:35 PM
So you guys don't think the SLP stuff would be good for just bolting up to an existing catbck? I actually really like the idea of this SLP stuff. It may not make what they say it does, but I would rather just get these and be done with it than needing headers and a midpipe. I could see a solid 20 RWHP from these. No?

With New Era selling ARH as cheap as they are I would spend the extra $$ and get all the power.

bwooten492
11-11-2008, 05:17 PM
With New Era selling ARH as cheap as they are I would spend the extra $$ and get all the power.

Yeah but I have a good friend that I could probably get the SLP from for really cheap. I would prefer the SLP. To each his own I guess.

Panther 2
11-11-2008, 05:32 PM
If you want SLPs you should get SLPs , but if you have noticed,everyone is telling you it is not the best choice for either value or performance.

bwooten492
11-11-2008, 09:04 PM
If you want SLPs you should get SLPs , but if you have noticed,everyone is telling you it is not the best choice for either value or performance.

Thanks for your help. I understand what you are saying, but since I already have an X pipe, why buy a system that has one that costs more anyway? Also, I dont see how it wouldn't be a good value? If I could get it below what everyone else pays for it then why not? But hey, you're running 12's with Kooks so that works.

-Ray-
11-12-2008, 03:31 AM
American Racing headers comes with every thing, from bolt to the head to bolt to your axle backs. With more proven HP. You can always sell what you have now.

p71
11-12-2008, 07:10 AM
I am actually thinking about the SLPs because I have a set of magnaflows sitting in the garage that do not really feel like bastardising... I dunno... bolting to the stock position is a big plus.