PDA

View Full Version : Patrick G dyno tune

h34d
05-15-2010, 09:46 AM
Brand: Patrick G LSx tuning
Price: $400
Purchased from: http://guerragroup.com/LSXDYNO.htm or PM user Patrick G http://forum.grrrr8.net/member.php?u=2585

Installation Time: Overall, I was there about 6 hours including installing my headers BUT my car was acting up and the weather turned pretty bad.

Comments: It was quite the adventure, I show up at the shop and all is well. I'm excited to finally have my headers installed and get a real tune. We pull the car onto the dyno and pull off a baseline run which was about what I expected (338 HP and 352 TQ) but was on the lean side (A/F ratio was about 14.7 if I remember correctly, feel free to correct me on this Patrick). Mods on baseline were: Vararam, HSRK, Magnaflow Catback and Superchips' Vararam 93oct tune. Then my car throws a code and won't start. We were kinda baffled (I was kinda pissed at my car, too) so we throw a charger on it and figure out my battery decided that my tuning session was the perfect time to shit the bed. We just kept the charger on it and pressed on (I really appreciate Patrick and Kurt working around that, i know it was a bit of a headache.) My car is pulled around to the lift and Kurt starts the RnR for my Doug Thorley Tri-y's and Patrick is writing my tune on his computer and when he finished showed me the many values that he changed and explained some of the benefits I could expect. About that time it starts POURING rain and continues to the rest of the day with the power blinking a few times. My Magnaflow catback had a small leak on the xpipe flange that Kurt welded up for me, I really did appreciate that. The next pull was baseline mods + headers and showed 354 HP and 369 TQ. I was pretty pleased with that and couldn't wait for Patrick to work his magic. I took the superchips tune out of the ECM then Patrick flashed his tune in. We make a couple more pulls and the final was 371 HP 382 TQ. Patrick then showed me some other G8 dyno results from that same dyno to show how I compared with other/similar mods. Patrick told me to let him know how it drives and to let him know if there are any issues so we could work them out.

Overall, with all the issues we encountered Patrick and Kurt were really stand-up guys and took very good care of me and my car. I definitely recommend that anyone who needs some tuning to get in touch with Patrick. You will not be disappointed with the service

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j225/kcm308lr/My%202008%20Pontiac%20G8%20GT/Kriscompare.jpg

P.S. I plan to update this with my driving impressions once ~6 inches of rain dries up.

thebeast
05-15-2010, 11:05 AM
very nice. ive been debating on doug thorleys or kooks with high flow cats.
nice results too and patrick is a wizard.

Executor999
05-15-2010, 11:32 AM
Awesome gains Kris. Congrats! I just got a tune from Patrick G. remotely, so I can relate.

09gtt
05-15-2010, 02:00 PM
Nice #s. In really thinking about making that drive in a few months to get my car tuned by Patrick.

dthornton8
05-15-2010, 03:24 PM
I hope I get stationed in Houston so I can have Patrick use his magic hands on my G8

h34d
05-15-2010, 03:56 PM
Awesome gains Kris. Congrats!

Thanks! :thumbsup:

very nice. ive been debating on doug thorleys or kooks with high flow cats.
nice results too and patrick is a wizard.

I chose the Thorleys because I already had the magnaflow catback and I couldn't bring myself to pay nearly three times as much for ~10 more hp.

Nice #s. In really thinking about making that drive in a few months to get my car tuned by Patrick.

DO IT. DO IT. You won't regret it!

I hope I get stationed in Houston so I can have Patrick use his magic hands on my G8

I believe he does email tunes if you have EFI Live. And it's a short trip from Denton, at least by Texas standards ;)

P.S. I'm headed to the track as soon as I finish this post and will update with what will surely be my new personal best :headbang:

dthornton8
05-15-2010, 04:58 PM
P.S. I'm headed to the track as soon as I finish this post and will update with what will surely be my new personal best :headbang:

Good luck at the track! You should try to get a video! lol

09gtt
05-15-2010, 05:35 PM
I'm only making 20 more hp than u. N I have a cam, ported intake n tb, but I also have a stall which I heard eats up a little power on the dyno. I'm gonna do a bigger cam n timing controller n let my guy tune but if Im not happy with the results I'm making the trip. Good luck at the track.

It's A G8!
05-15-2010, 08:06 PM
Nice write up on your experience. I too just came from seeing Patrick so he can work on my tune. He was telling me about what happened to you and your battery. But its a good thing they were able to get you going. Over all me and my wife had a great time being there. My car now pulls like a train up top!!! It also shifts silky smooth. Best money spent so far. My results are very close to yours. I will see him again after my cam install. Thanks Patrick if you read this.

h34d
05-16-2010, 11:27 AM
My best pass was a 13.01 @ 106.99 w/ 2.05 60ft. Corrects to about a 12.74 @ 109 (I always use dragtimes.com). I only made 4 passes and the slowest was after playing with my tire pressure a little 13.13 spinning off the line to a 2.14 60 ft. Maybe I should start bracket racing, as long as it's not on a damned pro tree, i hate pro trees... It was insanely packed, the staging lanes were overflowing into the pits and I never did get a proper cool down.

texn884
07-06-2010, 02:56 PM
I just got off the phone with Patrick and scheduled my tune for next Monday. I can't wait for him to work his magic on my car.
The only time I want Monday to come very fast so I can get her all tuned up.

I'll let you know how it goes.

thebeast
07-06-2010, 07:39 PM
i wish i lived closer. but its all good. when i get headers(still debating which ones), i will get a real tune and see what this little v8 has to offer

wnt2gofst
07-07-2010, 02:13 AM
I just got off the phone with Patrick and scheduled my tune for next Monday. I can't wait for him to work his magic on my car.

You will not regret it. Car will drive so much better. shift so much better. Cant wait to hear about your results.

Fatdaddy
07-07-2010, 03:42 AM
Patrick does excellent work. And, you won't meet a nicer guy. Enjoy your tuned G8's!

BLKG8
07-07-2010, 10:43 AM
Wonder what gains he would manage out of a completely stock G8.

Patrick G
07-07-2010, 10:54 AM
Wonder what gains he would manage out of a completely stock G8.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/dynamometer-results-comparisons/896664-g8-dyno-tune-yields-34-rwhp-29-rwtq-87-octane-only.html

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/dynamometer-results-comparisons/1157609-another-strong-87-octane-g8-tune.html

1SVELTEPony
07-07-2010, 11:08 AM
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/dynamometer-results-comparisons/896664-g8-dyno-tune-yields-34-rwhp-29-rwtq-87-octane-only.html

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/dynamometer-results-comparisons/1157609-another-strong-87-octane-g8-tune.html

Nice gains! Some good info in those links as well.

majesticix
07-08-2010, 09:01 AM
Good info indeed. for 87 octane tune, that is incredible.

h34d
07-08-2010, 02:06 PM

I feel safe saying you won't be disappointed and that Patrick will take great care of you. And if you run into a white ~05 mustang gt that tries to race you he probably thinks you're me and wants ANOTHER ass kicking so don't waste your gas...

hflores3
08-14-2010, 04:44 AM
Gentlemen, Patrick G is a "very" talented tuner! But it is beyond that........three quick proof points:
a) I install headers and cold air intake. I need a tune so i drive out to him. He loads me a "proven" tune (57hp). He also loads a tranny tune he had been working on (better characteristics on the downshift when you go WOT). Very cool tranny tune -- I locate an anomoly in the 1500rpm - 1800rpm. Never a biggie just something I discuss with him. ......it gets better
b) Weeks later, I install the supercharger and I'm dead in the water in my garage - cant drive the car until I get a tune. He's on his way back from a business trip from Arkansas -- goes out of his way to to my house on a Saturday -- loads me a "very safe" supercharger tune. I'm able to bolt up the nose and other parts on Sunday and able to drive car to work on Monday! Great save on his part.
c) I finally make it back out to his shop......he fixes the tranny anomoly....we test drive to be certain. We head to the dyno and he tweaks, tweaks, tweaks and I end up with 448hp to the wheels and I get 22.6 mpg while driving 75-80mph on the 125mile drive back. Not bad - eh?

So YES.......this guy is DARN GOOD!

texn884
08-25-2010, 11:42 AM
Patrick G. is the man.