PDA

View Full Version : Is it suppose to sound like this when i open my trunk?

Darkmanx
05-14-2010, 08:43 PM
what is this help!
http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/dd87/player69x/?action=view&current=SDC10943.flv

MongosG8
05-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Definitely not normal.
Is this happening when you hit the remote trunk release on your key Fob? Sounds like the locking mechanism.

This is a question to ask Charlie (GRRRR8)

GeoffA
05-14-2010, 08:52 PM
Ahhh not at all

What were you doing when it "farted"?

Darkmanx
05-14-2010, 08:53 PM
IT always does it when i hit the button to open the trunk on the remote, is there a fuse for the trunk or something

GeoffA
05-14-2010, 08:57 PM
Yeah it's probably the actuator, it might be loose or???

Take it back and tell them to fix it.

Darkmanx
05-14-2010, 09:00 PM
i got it 300 miles away i have a 50k mile extended warranty but i was hoping it was something simple and i wouldnt have to leave it at the dealer for 3 weeks for damn. where is all that stuff located so i can unplug and replug and check? in the trunk?

GeoffA
05-14-2010, 09:11 PM
You have to unscrew the four hooks that the netting is on and then work off that plastic piece. I don't know what else is holding it on, clips, just take your time. The mechanism is under there.

Good luck, and you don't need to take to the dealer you bought it at. ANY GM dealer is now able to work on PONTIACs

Darkmanx
05-14-2010, 09:21 PM
You have to unscrew the four hooks that the netting is on and then work off that plastic piece. I don't know what else is holding it on, clips, just take your time. The mechanism is under there.

Good luck, and you don't need to take to the dealer you bought it at. ANY GM dealer is now able to work on PONTIACs

yeah i know, im gonna get up early and mess with it tomorrow . i checked behind there just now the plug was tight i also noticed that there was a trunk fuse in the fuse box inside the car so hopefully the fuses are just blown ill know tomorrow though i hate the dealership.

GeoffA
05-14-2010, 09:25 PM
If it's making noise it's not blown, it could be just tweaked, caught up on itself. You should be able to move it by hand and it will more than likely free it up.

Darkmanx
05-14-2010, 09:28 PM
is there another way to open the trunk besides with the key?

GeoffA
05-14-2010, 09:45 PM
go in through the cubby hole from the rear seat and pull the safety lever.

or the push button in the glove box on the left side.

DRCUSTOMPARTS
05-14-2010, 09:53 PM
It sounds like the trunk lid lock actuator is bad, if so you'll need to replace it.

GeoffA
05-14-2010, 09:55 PM
It sounds like the trunk lid lock actuator is bad, if so you'll need to replace it.

I was hoping you'd chime in, You got a diagram you can post. (I haven't re-installed manual yet)

DRCUSTOMPARTS
05-14-2010, 10:20 PM
Removal:
Support the rear compartment lid with a suitable brace.
Remove the rear end trim panel. Refer to Rear Compartment Trim Panel Replacement in Interior Trim.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a375/DonRome/trunklatch1.gif

Disconnect the electrical connector (1) from the rear compartment lid lock actuator (2).

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a375/DonRome/trunklatch2.gif

Remove the rear compartment lid lock actuator to rear compartment retaining bolts (1).
Remove the rear compartment lid lock actuator (2) from the vehicle.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a375/DonRome/trunklatch3.gif

Disconnect the rear compartment lid release cable (2) from the rear compartment lid lock actuator (1).

Install:
Connect the rear compartment lid release cable (2) to the rear compartment lid lock actuator (1).

Install the rear compartment lid lock actuator (3) to the rear compartment (1).
Important: Do not fully tighten the retaining bolts to the rear compartment lid lock actuator.

Install the rear compartment lid lock actuator to the rear compartment retaining bolts (2).
Do not fully tighten at this stage.

Adjust the rear compartment lid lock actuator. Refer to Rear Compartment Lid Adjustment.

Connect the electrical connector (1) to the rear compartment lid lock actuator (2).
Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in the Preface section.

Tighten the rear compartment lid lock actuator to the rear compartment retaining bolts (2).
Tighten
Tighten the bolts to 9 N·m (80 lb in).

If re-programming is required. Refer to Control Module References.
Install the rear end trim panel. Refer to Rear Compartment Trim Panel Replacement in Interior Trim.
Remove the suitable brace from the vehicle.

GT-610
05-15-2010, 04:38 AM
go to the dealer.mine did that for a week and then it went.warranty for sure,but in a few days it will not be able to be opened.

Darkmanx
05-15-2010, 11:45 AM
Ok i went to the dealer, they said it was the actuator . its 15 dollars parts has been ordered.

jeppsG8
05-15-2010, 12:31 PM
Ok i went to the dealer, they said it was the actuator . its 15 dollars parts has been ordered.

Good call. Known problem. I just got mine fixed about 3 weeks ago. While mine was being replaced another G8 owner came in with the same problem. While they are replacing it, talk to them and test the lock mechanism. They had mine mounted too low so I really had to shut the trunk hard. 2 minutes later it is now extremely easy to close and latches flawlessly. I mean you just barely have to lower the trunk and it locks nicely.

Good luck.

GT-610
05-15-2010, 03:48 PM
yup,same for me.nah nah nah nah nahhhh,i told ya soooo! :) lol

thebeast
05-15-2010, 08:45 PM
mine makes the same sound and doesnt close when you try to close it half the time?
is this covered under warranty or do i hve to pay

DRCUSTOMPARTS
05-15-2010, 09:15 PM
I would think it would be covered under warranty, ask your dealer about it and they should be able to tell you.

Darkmanx
05-16-2010, 06:47 AM
mine makes the same sound and doesnt close when you try to close it half the time?
is this covered under warranty or do i hve to pay

Yeah it's covered under warranty

thebeast
05-16-2010, 08:33 AM
thanks. im going monday to get it fixed along with what i think is a lifter problem. ticking sound at idle and speeds up when you give it gas

Darkmanx
05-16-2010, 02:34 PM
thanks. im going monday to get it fixed along with what i think is a lifter problem. ticking sound at idle and speeds up when you give it gas

Ouch goodluck hopefully its not, you got anysound clips?

thebeast
05-16-2010, 07:31 PM
i do not, but im going to see my mechanic tomorrow afternoon after work and go pick up camaro ss brakes locally for 750 all the way around.(good deal or what?)

Darkmanx
05-19-2010, 09:11 AM
yeahh problem fixed and trunk locks just by pushing to down :)

thebeast
05-19-2010, 09:29 AM
dealer is replacing my latch no charge. said its faulty and malfunctioning

KenV
06-30-2010, 08:43 PM
go to the dealer.mine did that for a week and then it went.warranty for sure,but in a few days it will not be able to be opened.

I'm glad you posted that timeline. Mine started making the noise this morning, and has been a PITA to shut ever since. Just contacted the dealer to get it handled. Good timing, as the car's due for its next Sorry-we-killed-off-Pontiac-here's-some-free-maintenance oil change and inspection. I hope the latch is easy to source...