View Full Version : WAMS Hacked Atari Gauges

dklau33
05-14-2010, 04:27 PM
WAMS/GTPrix Hacked Atari Gagues

Brand: White Audio and Media
Price: $125
Purchased from: http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/

Installation: Between Moderate and Difficult
Time: 4 hours (Taking my time and getting stuck on a few electrical plugs)
Quality: 9 (see comments)

Recomendation: Hell Yes!

Comments:

These have probably been reviewed and talked about many times already so I won't bore you with anything you don't already know. First off the product itself is top notch and awesome. This is how the gauges should have came in the first place. Eye pleasing and very fucntional. The 40% dimming curvve is perfect. The only reason I didn't give the quality a 10 is due to my own situation. I sent it my gauges to Chris at a time when he was being bomarded with a bunch of new VCIM bluetooth boxes for retrofitting. Also he did not have a G8 to test the gauges on so he had to build his own testing unit which took time. So basically from the time I sent in my gauges to the time I got it back it took 2 months. But I do give him credit for doing the job right and making sure the product worked as advertised instead of just sending it back without testing. The end product was well worth the wait however. One last note I would put in is that the installation process may look intimidating but it's not really that bad. Just take your time, have good lighting, save all the screws and pieces in a bag or safe place, and possibly buy some extra trim clips. In anticipation, I bought a bag of 5 extra white plastic trim clips from Crazy Paul because I knew I would either lose or break some in the process of pulling trim pieces. Sure enough I had to use 2 replacements. Overall, I would highly recommend this.

MongosG8
05-14-2010, 05:09 PM
Something I have been considering.
Would love the 3 pod gauges but too much $$.

How are the brightness of these compared to the stock 2008s? Also are these plug & play or does the electrical need modifying?
Thanks!

-Ray-
05-14-2010, 05:39 PM

How are the brightness of these compared to the stock 2008s? Also are these plug & play or does the electrical need modifying?
Thanks!

Chris did mine when I had my G8 up in Michigan. His hacked gauges bear no resemblance to the originals. You can not go wrong here.

99-LS1-SS
05-14-2010, 06:02 PM
I'm sorry for the hijack but I've had a few beers and when I read your title I thought it said WHAMs Hacked Atari Gauges. Naturally I thought of Devilish34 and this video came to mind since it's his favorite video. Some of you might not know that he was actually an extra dancer in the video. I'm not sure which one he was. Maybe he'll chime in.

cEi2hKbgo0c

GeorgeInNePa
05-14-2010, 06:31 PM
That's funny!

Are you saying devilish is George Michael?

GRRRR8
05-14-2010, 06:47 PM
Great! Now that song will be stuck in my head. Yes Devilish34 was formerly George Michael.

MongosG8
05-14-2010, 09:03 PM
I just opened the thread and started the video and my wife comes down stairs and says "OMG Wham ..I used to love that song". :puke:

Now she is singing it around the house at 1am ..Great! :facepalm:

dklau33
05-14-2010, 10:37 PM

Thanks!

You can get two choices for brightness. 10% dimmer or 40%. I would suggest the 40% because it matches the brightness of the dash as you turn it up or down. Just plug and play so no electrical work. The hard part is tearing apart all your dash and center console pieces just to get to the gauges.

travis gore
05-15-2010, 02:28 AM
Chris did mine when I had my G8 up in Michigan. His hacked gauges bear no resemblance to the originals. You can not go wrong here.

I have seen Rays and they look grrrr8. nice and bright easy to read.

MongosG8
05-15-2010, 05:13 AM
You can get two choices for brightness. 10% dimmer or 40%. I would suggest the 40% because it matches the brightness of the dash as you turn it up or down. Just plug and play so no electrical work. The hard part is tearing apart all your dash and center console pieces just to get to the gauges.

Thats GR8! Looks like the route I will take than. A little intimidated to take apart the dash but ..will survive.

williamGT
12-06-2010, 02:46 PM
so if I buy the atari gauge from a member, you can't reprogram for 2009's?

GT-610
12-06-2010, 05:27 PM
you all must buy these,they are 100 times better than those hideous stock gauges that also were terribly inaccurate

hats off to chris!

Panzer Leader
12-06-2010, 07:29 PM
so if I buy the atari gauge from a member, you can't reprogram for 2009's?

I think that you might be able to do so. Would require Chris to reflash the VIN and perhaps flash in the new display. Contact him and check. I do not know if he does a one for one exchange or not. I bought my unit new from him. No problems thus far.