PDA

View Full Version : anyone care to share some n20 timing tables?

shane
05-09-2010, 08:18 PM
im gonna ordering my kit soon and need to start working on my n20 timing tables..

gonna be a 100 wet kit

i guess i throw stock timing back in and work from there?

Patrick G
05-10-2010, 04:21 AM
Keep your modified timing tables up to .68g/cyl, then pull 4 degrees of timing above that. Pulling 2 degrees of timing for every 50 shot seems to work well for these engines.

shane
05-10-2010, 07:27 AM
yea thats kinda what i did i looked at some wot logs from a stop and tracked the g/cyl's and started around .64 or .68 post pics later im gonna shoot for 3k engage in 2nd and shut it off around 5900 leaving the tranny time to shift also gonna shot for a 11.5 afr maybe lower to be safer....thanks patrick

MaxPower
05-10-2010, 03:20 PM
ooo - sneaky bastage!

wnt2gofst
05-10-2010, 05:22 PM
HSW said i should get the interface timing controller. retards timing for you..i forget what said it was..but i am trying to make sure put teh best system you can put together..least safest...lol

shane
05-10-2010, 06:05 PM
yea the safest thing for me is doing a tune for the n2o and not relying on a box for timing curve changes..

shane
05-20-2010, 12:26 PM
ill try and post pics later of it... u saying pull 4* of modified table after those g/cyl or off stock tune in that area? ill post pics of the rough tune i have worked for timing and my timing ive been running for na now...sound good pat?
Keep your modified timing tables up to .68g/cyl, then pull 4 degrees of timing above that. Pulling 2 degrees of timing for every 50 shot seems to work well for these engines.

Patrick G
05-20-2010, 12:37 PM
ill try and post pics later of it... u saying pull 4* of modified table after those g/cyl or off stock tune in that area? ill post pics of the rough tune i have worked for timing and my timing ive been running for na now...sound good pat?I don't mean pull timing off your stock tune, pull timing off your best modified NA tune. Pull timing above .68 grams/cyl. For example, if you were running 24 degrees for best power, keep it 24 degrees up to .68 g/cyl, then make .72 g/cyl and higher 20 degrees (for the example 100 shot).

shane
05-20-2010, 01:30 PM
sorry my typing above sucked lol..

but yea on my best n/a tune i started pulling in the area u said i looked over some 1/4 logs and found what g/cyl's i was hitting from 3k on and right now on the tune i have worked its 19-20 degress in those areas now...

ill post some pics.. anything else tune wise to worry about?

Patrick G
05-20-2010, 01:39 PM
sorry my typing above sucked lol..

but yea on my best n/a tune i started pulling in the area u said i looked over some 1/4 logs and found what g/cyl's i was hitting from 3k on and right now on the tune i have worked its 19-20 degress in those areas now...

ill post some pics.. anything else tune wise to worry about?It's best not to desensitize your knock sensors when running N2O. Might want to put them back to stock. You'll want much lower shift points too as you'll make peak torque/power at a much lower rpm. You won't need to wind it out to the rev limiter any more.

shane
05-20-2010, 02:16 PM
It's best not to desensitize your knock sensors when running N2O. Might want to put them back to stock. You'll want much lower shift points too as you'll make peak torque/power at a much lower rpm. You won't need to wind it out to the rev limiter any more.

YEA my knocks sensors are pretty close to stock as far settings go ill look it over again... ill have the kit kicking off at 5800 to give the tranny time to shift and prob lower the shifts mph and rpm a little and see how it will fall in line..like now i think in sport its 6250 rpm and 33mph shift...what u think would be better?> na my car shifts right at 6250 or very close in all gears...

Patrick G
05-20-2010, 02:42 PM
On the spray, you will be accelerating so much faster through the gears, that you will need to start the shift earlier to avoid hitting the rev limiter by the time the shift is completed. Your motor will have 150lb ft more torque at your shift recovery rpm so there's no need to stretch your shifts too high anyway. Hitting the rev limiter is really bad to do with nitrous. Be safe, be conservative.

Lots of guys will use the Sport Mode for nitrous and have the shift points all adjusted there and use drive for NA. Might be an option for you.

shane
05-20-2010, 03:23 PM
On the spray, you will be accelerating so much faster through the gears, that you will need to start the shift earlier to avoid hitting the rev limiter by the time the shift is completed. Your motor will have 150lb ft more torque at your shift recovery rpm so there's no need to stretch your shifts too high anyway. Hitting the rev limiter is really bad to do with nitrous. Be safe, be conservative.

Lots of guys will use the Sport Mode for nitrous and have the shift points all adjusted there and use drive for NA. Might be an option for you.
ok looked at my tune my retard settings are a little tweaked but the knock sensor settings are all stock :)

ok here is my na timing and the n20 tables im kinda messing around with....

here is my sport settings now along with the log from my 12.7 for timing...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/94teal/na.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/94teal/n20.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/94teal/sport.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/94teal/127pass.jpg

locrzn#92
05-23-2010, 01:15 PM
Wtf shane, didn't know you knew that much about tuning. Nice stuff.

shane
05-23-2010, 01:30 PM
Wtf shane, didn't know you knew that much about tuning. Nice stuff.

lol.... i gotta know something for my car to run as good as it does right? :)