PDA

View Full Version : Magnacharger 1900

1meand
05-07-2010, 07:05 AM
I'm looking for some confirmation on the kind of horsepower that can be expected from a 1900 with LTs and a Roto-Fab(using just whatever comes standard with the supercharger kit). I've seen a range from 420-460 hp. I wasn't sure on the 460 hp if they used a different pulley or not. If I'm only going to get 420 hp from it, I would be better off going with a cam for the money. Or is the upgradablity worth the extra money for the maggie?

99-LS1-SS
05-07-2010, 07:38 AM
You should be on the higher end of that range given your current mods. The thing to take into consideration is once you shell out the money for the supercharger, the pulleys are only $75 each so you can bump up your power for a relatively cheap amount....assuming you already have the supporting mods.

gr8lover
05-07-2010, 08:35 AM
You should be on the higher end of that range given your current mods. The thing to take into consideration is once you shell out the money for the supercharger, the pulleys are only $75 each so you can bump up your power for a relatively cheap amount....assuming you already have the supporting mods.

$75??? Darn I paid $150 for mine.... where can you get them for $75.... I would love to know...

99-LS1-SS
05-07-2010, 08:39 AM
I bought it from Magnacharger.

norm8332
05-07-2010, 09:49 AM
The low end is on a otherwise stock car.

kennyk
05-07-2010, 11:25 AM
Seriously Dan I can't take this kind of pressure. I finally convince myself that enough is enough and then you spring the ARH set up on me, and now talk of a maggie?

Bonnetts02Vette
05-07-2010, 11:42 AM
i took a ride in Gr8lover's maggied G8 lastnight and it definitely convinced me about a maggie, i want one so bad i can taste it but might do the 2300. wonder how the stage 2 L92 cam from livernois would do in that over the stage 1 tho

1meand
05-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Seriously Dan I can't take this kind of pressure. I finally convince myself that enough is enough and then you spring the ARH set up on me, and now talk of a maggie?

I'm just weighing my options and getting ideas of how much money I need to come up with. Unless a vendor needs a test car (hint, hint, Vector single turbo) or someone has one heck of a deal on a maggie, it won't be happening anytime soon.

Who am I kidding, I'll be pulling the plumbing out of my house to sell the copper to come up with the money if I have to. Neighborhood garage sale coming up, everything must go.:headbang:

ETIDMotorsports
05-07-2010, 12:24 PM
As someone who has not gotten the kind of numbers I would expect from a maggie I would never regret installing it. The first time you jump on it and hear the supercharger whine it will take care of any regrets you have.

mi04se1
05-07-2010, 01:37 PM
I'm just weighing my options and getting ideas of how much money I need to come up with. Unless a vendor needs a test car (hint, hint, Vector single turbo) or someone has one heck of a deal on a maggie, it won't be happening anytime soon.

Who am I kidding, I'll be pulling the plumbing out of my house to sell the copper to come up with the money if I have to. Neighborhood garage sale coming up, everything must go.:headbang:

Sell the wife and kids on ebay.......lol

Tempest2000
05-07-2010, 02:49 PM
Get a blower specific cam... It could mean 15-20hp more than using a N/A cam. Have patrick G spec you one out if you are seriously considering it.

travis gore
05-08-2010, 02:32 AM
Who am I kidding, I'll be pulling the plumbing out of my house to sell the copper to come up with the money if I have to. Neighborhood garage sale coming up, everything must go.:headbang:[/QUOTE]

if you don't get enough copper out of the house Dan, you can always sell your blood,sperm and you really only need 1 kidney LOL

Devilish34
05-08-2010, 03:48 AM

copper is up$$

Rich@pm-fl.com
05-10-2010, 06:52 AM
On a completely stock car, expect to see somewhere in the 420 rwhp range. With intake, headers and exhaust, expect closer to 460rwhp.

Magnacharger is finally coming off the large backorder's as of recent. We are seeing kits ship now roughly two weeks after the order is placed.

We have great deals on the 1900 and 2300 kits currently. PM for pricing if interested.

RJG8
05-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Maggie was a no brainer for me. It's my DD.

G8GT594
05-12-2010, 02:47 PM
On a completely stock car, expect to see somewhere in the 420 rwhp range. With intake, headers and exhaust, expect closer to 460rwhp.

Magnacharger is finally coming off the large backorder's as of recent. We are seeing kits ship now roughly two weeks after the order is placed.

We have great deals on the 1900 and 2300 kits currently. PM for pricing if interested.

I wish... been a month and 1 week since i ordered mine and they still don't have the heat exchanger...

RJG8
05-12-2010, 03:18 PM
When you say long tubes do you also have the x pipe?