PDA

View Full Version : Had some starting issues

mjf232
05-06-2010, 05:06 PM
My car has been starting sluggish for a couple of weeks now. As if it was not wanting to start. On a few starts, the ABS light came on and the DIC said my traction control was shut off. I pulled the battery last friday and had it tested by Auto Zone who said the battery was fine. So I dropped it off to the dealer yesterday and today I got her back. Turns out my starter and my crankshaft sensor were bad. They replaced them under warranty and changed my oil (modil 1 synethetic).

At 1st they said they were going to charge the difference for the synethetic oil cause the coupon said manufacture's used oil which is dyno but they covered the whole change ($105) and didnt ask me for the coupon :thumbsup:

Slyther83
05-17-2010, 04:27 AM
When you say it was not wanting to start, do you mean it was taking like an extra second to turnover?

Dustin
05-18-2010, 06:16 PM
You have a great dealer. I work for Jeff Perry Buick GMC in Peru Illinois. We were a Pontiac dealer, we have a large number of Pontiac customers that bring in those oil change coupons. GM doesn't pay for the entire oil change, it's a dealer cost with GM assistance program.

-Ray-
05-19-2010, 01:52 AM
My useless comment deleted.

polo
05-19-2010, 03:06 AM
Ray, did you read the last paragraph of the original post?

KEV-O
05-19-2010, 10:38 AM
I too have been getting a sluggish start the last few days or so....I thought it had something to do with the new exhuast for some reason, reading this i now know it isn't
i guess it's time to bring her in to the dealership

-Ray-
05-19-2010, 12:39 PM
Ray, did you read the last paragraph of the original post?

Got it now.

crazygreek89
06-06-2010, 04:55 AM
I've noticed if I let my G8 sit for a couple of days without starting it, it takes an extra second to crank and when it does, it almost sounds like it is going to shut off, like it's not getting enough fuel. I have also noticed at times that I can hear the fuel pump making a noise as well. Happens maybe 5 times a month or so...maybe the tune?

Ktlplxm
08-20-2010, 02:10 PM
Im guessing it either sounded like the starter couldnt turn the engine over and/or the battery only had a few volts; then would it would start, the vehicle behaved normally? Mine is doing the same thing, but it isnt constant, just when it sits after driving it for a while

ABEL.SILAS
10-23-2010, 01:58 AM
A bad crankshaft position sensor can worsen the way the engine idles. In the worst case the car may not start.

jeff
10-23-2010, 03:49 AM
The only thing I notice with my car is after a good long cold sit (overnight or 24 hours) is it starts fine but idles and sounds like it has a bit of radical cam.Will level out after about 7-8 seconds.Anybody else have this??When I say cammed I mean it sounds cammed and the car shakes a little till it settles out.I contribute this to the tune.Choke mode on start a contributor as well I assume.

SRG963
10-23-2010, 06:10 AM
The only thing I notice with my car is after a good long cold sit (overnight or 24 hours) is it starts fine but idles and sounds like it has a bit of radical cam.Will level out after about 7-8 seconds.Anybody else have this??When I say cammed I mean it sounds cammed and the car shakes a little till it settles out.I contribute this to the tune.Choke mode on start a contributor as well I assume.

This is normal. I've noticed it happens more in cold weather than warm. Also noticed it happening after driving her aggressively.