PDA

View Full Version : Anyone for a cheap detail?

Joe@Grrrr8Stuff.com
04-24-2010, 12:54 PM
Cheap as in price not qualiy.

I just bought the whole kit for polishing my car about 2 weeks ago. Since then Ive done my car and my father-in-law's. Soon I will be doing my wife's car and some family members. Im looking to do this on the side to cover some mods I want to do and maybe as a part time business in the future.

If anyone is interested I live in Deptford NJ and the price would be $125. I would need the car for about 8-10 hours depending on condition. I am off Wed and Sun so I would like to have the car Tuesday night or Sat Night if possible. Or you can drop it off Wed morning if its easier for you.

Process would be the following;

- Wash car with Dawn soap to remove any wax.
- Clay entire Car to remove any embedded contaminants/ rail dust.
- Wash car again with Dawn soap.
- Polish with Meguiars 105
- Polish with Menzerna 85RD
- Wash Car with Dawn soap to remove all polish particles.
- Wax with Meguiars NXT 2.0
- Dress Tires

This doesnt include detailing the inside but can be done for $25.

Not really sure what a pro would charge but I would assume around $275+. You can check out my car if you would like but the paint would be almost flawless. The swirls will be completely gone and scratches will be dramatically reduced/eliminated.

Any questions just ask.

Posted this on the other board and kind of got told I was basically doing everything wrong. My process is using the same process that a lot of pro detailers do on their cars. Im getting my info for autopia.org. If you are interested in machine detailing, I suggest you read for a few weeks there.

I will be looking into the price of insurance as well.

Thanks

Joe@Grrrr8Stuff.com
06-16-2010, 01:38 PM
Bump...

Anyone looking for a fresh detail for an upcoming show? Ive done a few more cars and my process is down to about 6-7 hours. I can come to you but would charge more depending on distance.