PDA

View Full Version : BMR parts

Panther 2
11-03-2008, 08:45 AM
I just recieved an e-mail from Dennis @ BMR ,he said prices for the trailing arms will be out this week. He also said they are working on a drive shaft but it won't be available til early next year.Lol

wreckwriter
11-03-2008, 08:46 AM
I just recieved an e-mail from Dennis @ BMR ,he said prices for the trailing arms will be out this week. He also said they are working on a drive shaft but it won't be available til early next year.Lol

He told me prices would be out last week too.... Hopefully they'll be out soon.

Andy@Livernois
11-03-2008, 08:47 AM
hmm, maybe I will give Lee a call and see what is up...

wreckwriter
11-03-2008, 08:54 AM
Sure would love to know the prices. If decent I'm in for everything except the strut tower brace.

Andy@Livernois
11-03-2008, 08:55 AM
I called Lee... He will call me asap about pricing, but he said Thursday or Friday before he will have it...

wreckwriter
11-03-2008, 08:57 AM
Well, thanks for trying!

Chewy
11-03-2008, 10:09 AM
I see they've added some items. Sway bars and subframe stiffeners... :woohoo:

wreckwriter
11-03-2008, 10:12 AM
The frame connectors have been there, the sways are "coming soon".

Chewy
11-03-2008, 10:16 AM
The frame connectors have been there, the sways are "coming soon".

I'd like them all but money will be tight here for a while... I need to redo my two bedrooms this winter and STILL need to get the tune from Kirk...:crutch:

wreckwriter
11-03-2008, 10:23 AM
I'd like them all but money will be tight here for a while... I need to redo my two bedrooms this winter and STILL need to get the tune from Kirk...:crutch:

Yea, you want the tune above all. That's your biggest bang.

For myself, hoping to improve traction on launch and 1-2 shift a bit. I'm thinking the connectors and the trailing arms if I can afford it all. If not, just the trailing arms first.

jbradsh1
11-03-2008, 02:02 PM
Yea, you want the tune above all. That's your biggest bang.

For myself, hoping to improve traction on launch and 1-2 shift a bit. I'm thinking the connectors and the trailing arms if I can afford it all. If not, just the trailing arms first.

Interesting, why did you mention the 1-2 shift?

wreckwriter
11-03-2008, 02:57 PM
Interesting, why did you mention the 1-2 shift?

Because my wheels spin at the 1-2 so I'm clearly losing a bit of time.

jbradsh1
11-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Because my wheels spin at the 1-2 so I'm clearly losing a bit of time.

Thanks for the info. Mine spins the wheels too but it's the shift which I think is slow, at least that's my perception of it you know (talking it over with VMS - I'll let you know what happens).

wreckwriter
11-03-2008, 03:04 PM
If your tires are chirping the shift can't be slow.... Unless I'm missing something?

-Ray-
11-03-2008, 04:21 PM
I don't know what you can be missing.

wreckwriter
11-03-2008, 04:26 PM

Nor do I but I wouldn't if I were missing it,,,,

-Ray-
11-03-2008, 04:31 PM
Well.....other than this is off topic. :D

wreckwriter
11-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Well.....other than this is off topic. :D

Just a tad :bleh::bleh:

jbradsh1
11-04-2008, 08:14 AM
If your tires are chirping the shift can't be slow.... Unless I'm missing something?

Maybe it's off topic but it sure was funny! WreckWriter: what you're missing is this: the car is winding out in 1st gear, it starts the shift, then there is a big hesitation, then the shift occurs. I guess you're right, the shift itself is pretty fast, strong tire chirp, but, there is a sort of bog just when the shift process starts until the shift finally occurs. Like if you go around a corner and hit the throttle some and there is a pretty good hesitation. That make any sense to you or ring any bells as far as what it might be? Kirk @ VMS is looking this over for me too. Thanks for your input.

jbradsh1
11-04-2008, 08:15 AM

G8Ray: see post to WreckWriter.

wreckwriter
11-04-2008, 08:18 AM
Maybe it's off topic but it sure was funny! WreckWriter: what you're missing is this: the car is winding out in 1st gear, it starts the shift, then there is a big hesitation, then the shift occurs. I guess you're right, the shift itself is pretty fast, strong tire chirp, but, there is a sort of bog just when the shift process starts until the shift finally occurs. Like if you go around a corner and hit the throttle some and there is a pretty good hesitation. That make any sense to you or ring any bells as far as what it might be? Kirk @ VMS is looking this over for me too. Thanks for your input.

Is it hitting the limiter? Do you have a dashhawk? If so, post a 0-60 graph.

jbradsh1
11-04-2008, 08:24 AM
Is it hitting the limiter? Do you have a dashhawk? If so, post a 0-60 graph.

Don't believe so. When I was last up to VMS, Kirk not only adjusted the 1-2 shift rpm upwards to 6100 rpm (from 5900 rpm) but test drove it to make sure that it wasn't hitting the limiter. I'm getting ready to order a dashhawks from VMS but we have Mac's in our family so I don't think I'll be able to do posts. Hey, wait a minute, one of my Mac's is the new duo core and it has Windows XP installed on it. That might work? I'm checking to see if it might. Any comment?

wreckwriter
11-04-2008, 08:26 AM
I suspect it's hitting the limiter. Can't think of anything else that could cause the issue you describe.

Panther 2
11-04-2008, 09:53 AM
If you have any tire spin you will hit the limiter.

wreckwriter
11-04-2008, 09:56 AM
It almost has to be the limiter. Just because it was tested and didn't hit it once doesn't prove much. It could have been very close and slightly different conditions could put it there.

p71
11-04-2008, 10:31 AM
Don't believe so. When I was last up to VMS, Kirk not only adjusted the 1-2 shift rpm upwards to 6100 rpm (from 5900 rpm) but test drove it to make sure that it wasn't hitting the limiter. I'm getting ready to order a dashhawks from VMS but we have Mac's in our family so I don't think I'll be able to do posts. Hey, wait a minute, one of my Mac's is the new duo core and it has Windows XP installed on it. That might work? I'm checking to see if it might. Any comment?

Should work fine on your pc... *winkz*

Chewy
11-04-2008, 12:27 PM

Does it have Parallels or Bootcamp installed on it?

Mine has Bootcamp but a lot of our Macs have Parallels on them.

jbradsh1
11-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Does it have Parallels or Bootcamp installed on it?

Mine has Bootcamp but a lot of our Macs have Parallels on them.

Parallels!

jbradsh1
11-04-2008, 01:58 PM
It almost has to be the limiter. Just because it was tested and didn't hit it once doesn't prove much. It could have been very close and slightly different conditions could put it there.

I'm going to take it out tonight on a quiet road (no traffic) and punch it and then write down the sequence of events I observe on the 1-2 shift. I'll post them but I do want to talk with Kirk first before any further posts. Thanks.

jbradsh1
11-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Should work fine on your pc... *winkz*

winkz?

jbradsh1
11-04-2008, 02:01 PM
If you have any tire spin you will hit the limiter.

I see. But when the shift occurs it's actually fast even with the tire spin. The problem with the shift is before the shift occurs, not during or after the shift.

wreckwriter
11-04-2008, 02:05 PM
I see. But when the shift occurs it's actually fast even with the tire spin. The problem with the shift is before the shift occurs, not during or after the shift.

I feel that its the limiter. Were it me I would get the flash express and ask Kirk to lower your 1-2 WOT shift point by 50 RPM. If that doesn't do it, go 100.

Kirk may have a different opinion and, if so, you should follow his suggestions.

jbradsh1
11-04-2008, 02:20 PM
I feel that its the limiter. Were it me I would get the flash express and ask Kirk to lower your 1-2 WOT shift point by 50 RPM. If that doesn't do it, go 100.

Kirk may have a different opinion and, if so, you should follow his suggestions.

Gotcha! Thanks.

GeorgeInNePa
11-04-2008, 03:25 PM
You really need a DashHawk, or something similar, so you can see what is happening, as opposed to what you think might be happening.

JMHO

wreckwriter
11-04-2008, 03:47 PM
That certainly would improve the troubleshooting....

jbradsh1
11-04-2008, 04:24 PM
That certainly would improve the troubleshooting....

I got it and I'm going to call Kirk en la manana!

jbradsh1
11-04-2008, 08:56 PM
ran the car through 1st gear at WOT and making sure the TCS was off it shifted perfectly and quickly. But you're correct in that if you leave the TCS on the wheel spin that happens on the 1-2 shift makes the TCS cut timing pretty severely which manifests as a pretty big hesitation.

wreckwriter
11-05-2008, 04:48 AM
This "problem" is happening with traction control ON? Guess what, its just doing its job. I guess I should have asked, I assumed it was off.

GeorgeInNePa
11-05-2008, 05:42 AM

I'm in for a driveshaft.

jbradsh1
11-06-2008, 01:49 PM
This "problem" is happening with traction control ON? Guess what, its just doing its job. I guess I should have asked, I assumed it was off.

It reeeally happens with the TC on. But, at the strip, with the TC off, it still seems to take a long time to complete the shift. But just the other day it worked just fine. I'm going to retest it when I next visit the track.

p71
11-06-2008, 04:01 PM
winkz?

I was teasing you.

Macs are by definition PCs and always have been. For those who want to say that insisting on this is being overly pedantic and splitting hairs, I will stipulate to the notion, if you stipuate to the fact that Macs are by any descriptions Wintels now that they all run intel chips, and chipsets etc etc etc.

jbradsh1
11-06-2008, 05:47 PM
I was teasing you.

Macs are by definition PCs and always have been. For those who want to say that insisting on this is being overly pedantic and splitting hairs, I will stipulate to the notion, if you stipuate to the fact that Macs are by any descriptions Wintels now that they all run intel chips, and chipsets etc etc etc.

Pedantic?!!!

Thought you'd enjoy this:

Gates vs. GM

For all of us who feel only the deepest love and affection for the way computers have enhanced our lives, read on.

At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated,

'If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon.'

In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release stating:

If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics (and I just love this part):

1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash........
Twice a day.

2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.

3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason you would simply accept this.

4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.

5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive - but would run on only five percent of the roads.

6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single 'This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation'warning light.

I love the next one!!!

7. The airbag system would ask 'Are you sure?'before deploying.

8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.

9. Every time a new car was introduced car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.

10. You'd have to press the 'Start'button to turn the engine off.

Everyone knows Mac's are superior!

p71
11-06-2008, 06:00 PM
seen that...

BTW lots of cars are shut down using the start button... most bmw's for a "start"

jbradsh1
11-06-2008, 06:58 PM
How true.