PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Injector Question

ETIDMotorsports
04-10-2010, 02:18 PM
So I recently installed a TVS1900 on my car and am still not happy with the way it is performing so in my pursuit of better numbers I am looking at upgrading the fuel injectors. Looking at a lot of peoples signatures they seem to be running the siemens 60# injectors. From my understanding these use a different style connector then stock, is this correct? Is anyone running the Fast 65# injectors that Haddad offers, I think they use the same style connector? Any help would be appreciated.

Crazy Paul
04-10-2010, 10:17 PM
This pic might help a little, if you go to an LS1 style injector then:
the electrical connector is a different style, you'd require adapters.
the O ring to O ring height starts getting too much for stock fuel rails to line up correctly
the bottom O ring diameter is different and requires a weird fat O ring to fit in your intake.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/PerthPurplePenguin/car%20parts/InjectorComparison.jpg

Crazy Paul
04-11-2010, 02:39 AM
Siemens 60 is a long LS1 type with Minitimer (EV1) connector.
http://www.ctsturbo.com/images/products/preview/inj40hb.jpg

FAST 65 are available in 2 different heights,
Connector is USCar
http://www.compperformancegroupstores.com/store/graphics/00000002/30397-1_600.jpg

Edit----- If you have a TVS blower then injector height and lower O ring size won't affect you as you don't have the stock LS3 intake or stock fuel rails anymore.

David G8GT
04-11-2010, 01:35 PM
I am using the Fast 65s. They just plug right in no adapter required. They seem to be doing the job just fine.

1ChargedG8
04-11-2010, 02:32 PM
I'm using the Fast 57lb/hr injectors.

ETIDMotorsports
04-11-2010, 03:02 PM
1ChargedG8 did you have your car tuned here in AZ? If so where at? Do the Fast ones fit the fuel rails better then the stock ones?

FLUBYU
04-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Im also using the F.A.S.T. #65 injectors. They work great and fit fine.

1ChargedG8
04-12-2010, 09:19 PM
1ChargedG8 did you have your car tuned here in AZ? If so where at? Do the Fast ones fit the fuel rails better then the stock ones?

My car was tune here in Tucson. Mike Oconnor's is the guys name that tuned my car, he tuned the car at Brother's Racing, I think they are the only place in town with a dyno. For the Fast injectors, I had to use some spacers, bought some teflon spacers from Ace Hardware, lol.

ETIDMotorsports
04-12-2010, 11:04 PM
Im also using the F.A.S.T. #65 injectors. They work great and fit fine.

This is the set up that I am leaning towards as well. Makes me feel better knowing someone else is running a similar setup

99-LS1-SS
04-13-2010, 12:39 AM
Some people have had trouble getting all or the correct injector data for their tune with the FAST. In my opinion, I would get the LS9 injectors. Greg @ Pace sells them and the data is easily obtainable. The LS9 injectors were basically designed to go into the TVS blowers since that is what they use on the CTS-V and the ZR1.

ETIDMotorsports
04-26-2010, 05:10 PM
Some people have had trouble getting all or the correct injector data for their tune with the FAST. In my opinion, I would get the LS9 injectors. Greg @ Pace sells them and the data is easily obtainable. The LS9 injectors were basically designed to go into the TVS blowers since that is what they use on the CTS-V and the ZR1.

I'll have to look into that then. Just out of curiosity what are you plans for fuel injectors?

99-LS1-SS
04-27-2010, 12:50 AM
I'll have to look into that then. Just out of curiosity what are you plans for fuel injectors?

I have LS9 replacement injectors. They are the "60 lbs" injectors that the TVS kit comes with. They are Bosch injectors but the flow data is the same.

hflores3
04-27-2010, 02:47 AM
Great information gents! I have a Magnasun on order (1900). ....couple of questions:

a) What kind of horsepower can the "stock" injectors support safely?
b) How significant is the MPG drop with the 60lb injectors? Really bad? (typical daily driver type question...)

Thanks!

99-LS1-SS
04-27-2010, 05:54 AM
Great information gents! I have a Magnasun on order (1900). ....couple of questions:

a) What kind of horsepower can the "stock" injectors support safely?
b) How significant is the MPG drop with the 60lb injectors? Really bad? (typical daily driver type question...)

Thanks!

I think the stock injectors will handle a little over 500 rwhp with forced induction and around 600 N/A.

If the innjector data is correct the MPG should be close. Remember the supercharger will cost you some MPG.

wreckwriter
04-27-2010, 05:56 AM
I am using the Fast 65s. They just plug right in no adapter required. They seem to be doing the job just fine.

Yep, same here. I got mine from Kirk at Vector.