PDA

View Full Version : My first pass 13.252@107.46

13 QTR
11-02-2008, 06:04 PM
only got 2 passes.....long story.

The first car to make a pass,was a dragcar. His suspension broke at the finish line,causing him to loose it...I mean roll/flip/tumble numerous times....he's ok. Just sore,the roll cage saved him. It took over an hour to clean up the mess. Shit loads of people there.
I did a small burnout to clean the tires...left off idle in normal....no spin detected at all.
Finally after a hood flying off one car and a bike blowing up at half track and
4 more cars breaking...I got my second and last pass.
Power braked the car up to about 1500rpm. I broke loose at launch,but I didn't lift. Spun through 1st and up to about 5 grand of second. Were the
back end decided to pass me,I let out when I saw the honda center of my steering wheel. It catches and I hammer it again...hooks this time. I ran a
15.605@104.15mph. It was pointless trying to get in another run...they were dropping like flys.
A guy named stover ran a low 10 in his honda hatch. He goes to all the import face offs and import atlanta things....

wreckwriter
11-02-2008, 06:06 PM
Did you learn anything?

13 QTR
11-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Did you learn anything?

Yea...I need more mods.......like the 3.27 rear,slicks,and maybe a stall.
In that order.....

As for the everything else...no. I already knew there'd be alot a broke cars and a staff that takes too long to do anything. Don't wait till you open the gates to start the track prep.

wreckwriter
11-02-2008, 06:24 PM
Well, not to be rude but in my opinion the lesson you should take from it is this: if your run starts to go bad, for any reason, back out of it and stay out of it. You're lucky the track officials didn't boot you permanently after that little trick, some would have.

13 QTR
11-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Well, not to be rude but in my opinion the lesson you should take from it is this: if your run starts to go bad, for any reason, back out of it and stay out of it. You're lucky the track officials didn't boot you permanently after that little trick, some would have.

You aint ever been to steele. Cars going all the way around and coming back thru the staging lanes or cars going thru the finish line and turning around and coming back...is not uncommon. They let bikes run cars...not safe in my book. I've seen FAST CARS...I mean wheel toters for half track run and people standing on the concrete walls(2 feet high). You do your burnout with the crowd standing on the side...like touching your car. They wont move.

There's a 1200whp supra running high 9's,low 10's at 151+...that has no cage and they have no rules against that. IN my srt running 11's,I didn't have to have a helment or anything.

So my little incident probably wasn't even noticed...hell,I had to go to the last return road cause they where broke cars in the other 3.

wreckwriter
11-02-2008, 06:58 PM
You aint ever been to steele.

true enough. Based on your description I have no interest in changing that.

GeorgeInNePa
11-02-2008, 07:40 PM

+1

Panther 2
11-03-2008, 04:37 AM
Sounds like a really safe place to race!

13 QTR
11-03-2008, 08:49 AM
the slip

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd280/13qtr/timeslip.jpg

edmanet
11-03-2008, 01:11 PM

Ditto here also....

R.Penguin
11-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Sounds like a really safe place to race!
C'mon man, It's Alabama! :p No disrespect intended.