PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Krispy Kreme??

christiancoach
04-06-2010, 12:34 PM
I am stuck driving down to the South end on Friday afternoon. Rather than head back during Friday night rush hour, I thought I would take in something car related.
Is there a cruise in at Krispy Kreme? Is it Puyallup or Tacoma Mall?
Anyone?

99-LS1-SS
04-06-2010, 12:39 PM
Mmmmm.... Krispy Kreme hot and now! If a food could ever be crack and sex rolled into one it would be a hot and now Krispy Kreme doughnut!

08G8V8
04-06-2010, 12:41 PM
I think all the guys who go to that pretty much only post on the PNW Website they created. I haven't seen any post an this board or the G8board for meets in quite some time.

I have never gone to one of these, and do not plan on heading down there. It is in Tacoma at the mall.

christiancoach
04-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Yea, I am unwelcomed at the PNWG8 site because I asked a question about why we needed it. Was hoping someone could clue me in here.

08G8V8
04-06-2010, 01:03 PM
Are you headed down there to get your user name and password in person?

christiancoach
04-06-2010, 01:05 PM
No Spank You!
I heard that the KK deal was popular with lots of people and was hoping to hang out with some people who are open to all kinds of cars!

grandmacpubah
04-06-2010, 01:29 PM
They would shoot me if I showed up...especially after I told them they were all effin crazy and they should call it the hair club for men....

christiancoach
04-06-2010, 01:40 PM
I tried to be nice through the whole thing so I wouldn't get shot if I ever decided to attend something.

Ben2009GT
04-11-2010, 06:15 PM
No don't believe that to be true, One the bullet would cost to much to waste. Also Effort is the key to meeting people and understanding other views without casting stones. But hey I go and hang out with car people with real love for there cars GM,FORDS, Dodge, Ricers, that work on them. I could less if you showed up or not truth be told, but if you did I would welcome talking to you about your car mods VS mine. Thats what it's really about at the end of the day either you have it or you don't.

Ben2009GT
04-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Yea, I am unwelcomed at the PNWG8 site because I asked a question about why we needed it. Was hoping someone could clue me in here.

Not what I heard, but if it makes you feel better about yourself saying that you are not welcome so be it.

Ben2009GT
04-11-2010, 06:36 PM
I think all the guys who go to that pretty much only post on the PNW Website they created. I haven't seen any post an this board or the G8board for meets in quite some time.

I have never gone to one of these, and do not plan on heading down there. It is in Tacoma at the mall.That would be wrong to think that big time

blue-mayhem
04-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Lots of hostilty from the northern. Why don't you guy's come down sometime to say what's up.

08G8V8
04-11-2010, 07:21 PM
That would be wrong to think that big time

Ben, I was referring to using the PNW Website for posting about upcoming meets and events....not that you don't use GRRRR8 or G8board sites at all.

christiancoach
04-12-2010, 12:48 PM
Not what I heard, but if it makes you feel better about yourself saying that you are not welcome so be it.

Let me re-phrase my comment then: I don't feel welcome on the PNWG8 board after the comments that were made to me when I asked a simple question about the need of a seperate forum. I would need to do a little searching to find the exact comment, but if my memory serves me, it was something along the lines of "if you don't like it, don't use it."

Ben2009GT
04-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Let me re-phrase my comment then: I don't feel welcome on the PNWG8 board after the comments that were made to me when I asked a simple question about the need of a seperate forum. I would need to do a little searching to find the exact comment, but if my memory serves me, it was something along the lines of "if you don't like it, don't use it." "if you don't like it" so you must have been on the site posting and you didn't like it right." don't use it." I guess you don't want to use it either right. Now this part I don't get " I don't feel welcome on the PNWG8 board " Has somebody made you feel stupid,dumb or said bad things about you and your car? NOPE!!!

Seattle09GT
04-12-2010, 03:07 PM

I have never gone to one of these, and do not plan on heading down there. It is in Tacoma at the mall.

I've posted there a bit - tried to get some interest in attending a race school day with no joy. I'm going solo on the 17th of April, expecting to have a great time. Also not interested in hoofing down to Tacoma on a Friday and deal with traffic. We should just all meet up at the north end. I know there was talk about meeting on Monday nights at The Rock in Lynnwood, I'm game...

Seattle09GT
04-12-2010, 03:17 PM
FWIW - and I saw this first hand in the Chevy Avalanche Club. Local sites/regional sites have their place but generally speaking end up fracturing groups.

Driving from north of Seattle on a Friday night to Tacoma - SUCKS. Just no other way to put it. It sucks. Unlike heading north, where I-5 flows pretty freely through the Express Lanes before turning into a parking lot at Northgate and beyond, heading southbound, especially on a Friday, I-5 is generally a parking lot from Shoreline all the way to Federal Way, opens up just a bit before turning into a parking lot again at Tacoma. To meet like minded folks - its a huge effort. For KK Donut - mep.

Ya I get it - sucks going the other way too - sadly in the region we live in there aren't many good answers.

There are a lot of events coming up I wish we as a group could/would participate in. I've heard that Christian (or is it Tony - LOL) has been up at Lynnwood at the Taco Time events on Friday. I was up there on one dazzling warm Friday afternoon for an hour, unplanned, and more to look than to show.

There is the Meeker Day POCI show on June 20, 2010 - should be an absolute no-brainer for us to attend. My car wasn't even an official entrant last year and they asked me to pull it off the street and put it on display in the show (I was still bone stock brand new at the time). Holy crap the interest!!! They would eat our cars up there, and given Pontiac is dead as a brand, groups like POCI which work to keep these great cars alive deserve our support - in my opinion.

I think at the end of the day the local club site has hurt the Pacific Northwest group. Sorry, but I'm going to say it. We were one of the most active groups in the country, drawing consistently over a dozen cars to our events, and events we joined. Only Southern California was getting more people in one place. People in Lynnwood still are talking about when we all showed up there last summer (in what became a rain out). I now see things split, with a solidified group in Tacoma to Portland, and the Seattle north group split up.

No good answers, I miss last year - but spending possibly two to two-and-half hours in my car one way on a Friday night just isn't very realistic for those of us north of downtown Seattle.

Flame away.

08G8V8
04-12-2010, 03:21 PM
I've posted there a bit - tried to get some interest in attending a race school day with no joy. I'm going solo on the 17th of April, expecting to have a great time. Also not interested in hoofing down to Tacoma on a Friday and deal with traffic. We should just all meet up at the north end. I know there was talk about meeting on Monday nights at The Rock in Lynnwood, I'm game...

Sounds good Dave. It's getting to be that time of the year with some nice weather to show up soon. We need to get together after work one of these nights to catch up.

I wasn't saying I don't want to meet with the folks from the south in my post above. I have been to meets in Tacoma and Puyallup. I was saying I have never been to one of the Friday Krispy Kreme meets, because a late Friday meetup in Puyallup is a function for those local to the area, not something I want to do deal with living in the north end.

Ben2009GT
04-12-2010, 04:04 PM
I've posted there a bit - tried to get some interest in attending a race school day with no joy. I'm going solo on the 17th of April, expecting to have a great time. Also not interested in hoofing down to Tacoma on a Friday and deal with traffic. We should just all meet up at the north end. I know there was talk about meeting on Monday nights at The Rock in Lynnwood, I'm game... Sorry first time I've heard of this, I been asking for something like this also. I think it would be fun. Is this a road course or what.

christiancoach
04-12-2010, 04:07 PM
"if you don't like it" so you must have been on the site posting and you didn't like it right." don't use it." I guess you don't want to use it either right. Now this part I don't get " I don't feel welcome on the PNWG8 board " Has somebody made you feel stupid,dumb or said bad things about you and your car? NOPE!!!

Actually I hadn't used it, and asked a question about it's purpose. I didn't see the point of a seperate forum, and still don't.
I remember what started it. There was an event that I found out about after it had happened. Somehow it came up one of this or the G8board, and when I asked why it wasn't posted here on this board I was not so politely told that all conversations having to do with the PNW G8 Club and gatherings had been moved and if I wanted to be part of it I had to sign up for another forum and take part over there. At some point in the conversation I was told that if "I don't like the other board, to not come over there."

I would disagree with you on your last statement. I felt personally attacked by the founders of the other board and some not so nice things were said about me. I am curious how it is that you know how I feel. In fact I can clearly say your statement is incorrect, because you don't know what I felt. I felt excluded and belittled.

Ben2009GT
04-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Actually I hadn't used it, and asked a question about it's purpose. I didn't see the point of a seperate forum, and still don't.
I remember what started it. There was an event that I found out about after it had happened. Somehow it came up one of this or the G8board, and when I asked why it wasn't posted here on this board I was not so politely told that all conversations having to do with the PNW G8 Club and gatherings had been moved and if I wanted to be part of it I had to sign up for another forum and take part over there. At some point in the conversation I was told that if "I don't like the other board, to not come over there."

I would disagree with you on your last statement. I felt personally attacked by the founders of the other board and some not so nice things were said about me. I am curious how it is that you know how I feel. In fact I can clearly say your statement is incorrect, because you don't know what I felt. I felt excluded and belittled. I didn't know that. I was trying to meet people with the same love of there car as I have for mine. I would go north if invited to come, but has to be more than three showing up to make it worth while.

Steve
04-12-2010, 04:42 PM
"if you don't like it" so you must have been on the site posting and you didn't like it right." don't use it." I guess you don't want to use it either right. Now this part I don't get " I don't feel welcome on the PNWG8 board " Has somebody made you feel stupid,dumb or said bad things about you and your car? NOPE!!!

Thought I'd chime in here with my personal $0.02 (god I am wordy aren't I??sorry...lol )

Let me preface this by my personal perspective: I don't know most of the NWPeople - I've met a handful at one time or another, but not at a meet etc. (Ben I think you honked at me one time? seen 2 different red G8's on Meridian a few times) Thus I don't have a beef with most of the people in this area, or even most of the official "PNW G8" folks.

I think what some (if not most) people who don't like the PNWG8 group took issue with is that around last year or so there was a very aggressive push from certain individuals who WERE bad-mouthing others behind their backs for not showing up to all their meets/events or like Tony did, wondering why another site was needed when there were already several regional forums available (here, g8board, lsxnation etc) with a broader audience. I know several people who have been on the receiving end of this venomous speech, myself included. I'm also certain that people who did not receive these verbal lashings would say the PNWG8 group has been a very pleasant experience for them ( and I don't doubt it).

Also certain people were definitely dumping on this site & Charlie and/or purposefully steering people who have questions in other directions just out of... well.. out of what? jealousy? anger? dislike? spite? I just don't know...Whilst not totally related, that still adds to the picture if people LIKE this site and all they hear is people ripping it. (and heck I take that personally because, while Charlie's name is up there, I run the thing).

e.g. If I like strawberry ice cream and everytime I see these people they spend most of their time talking about how much it sucks and they hate it, it really doesn't give me much incentive to spend more time with these people when they basically keep insulting you to your face.

I was ripped for not showing up to meets and several other 'issues'; I work long hours, have a young child & wife that I already barely see because of my schedule, and weekends are some well deserved family time or working on the 20000 things that need to happen around the house. So in short - if for the few 'available' hours I have I have to choose between Family or basically 'some strangers who happen to drive the same car as me', at least to me that choice is easily made in favor of family. No offense meant to fellow G8 owners in the greater NW ;)
Apparently I am an arrogant ass-hole who never does anything for the NW for making that choice.:brock:

I understand everyone's situation is different, people are single or retired, no kids (or kids are adults), or they can take the kids with them, wife's are into cars as well/has other things to do, or they have different work schedules etc so if it works for them: Great - but that doesn't mean it works for everyone. (For example: A friday night meet would basically be choosing to not see my daughter (or even my wife) for an entire day which to me would just be ridiculous when she's at home asking for 'dadda' all day long.. hmm which is more important to me.... ;) )

Problem with the location: South-Sounders are generally not a big fan of driving 'up north' ( I know i'm not) while people past Seattle would say anything past tukwilla is probably ghetto and too far south ;) (No you won't get shot if you drive into Tacoma.....lol)

Anyway -

Lately, at least as far as I can tell, things seem to have 'calmed down' a bit from the PNW G8 group as far as pushing to the point of basically being off-putting to some people to have to show up for meets etc. And that's how I think it should be.

More of a "Hey a bunch of us are getting together, and anyone willing to tag along is welcome!" vs the previously displayed "We're doing this meet and why the **** can't YOU be there/We all can make it so what's your f-in lame excuse this time, you loser?/you're an asshole for not coming to this meet!" attitude. I bet if you were ask people who don't seem too fond of the PNWG8 group they'd say their experiences with them fall more into the second category.

Anyway - I do think having these large meets is very impractical just because of the logistics involved - One group of people will always end up having to drive quite a bit. This is especially true for weekly get-togethers etc because they eat up a lot of time. I think if people want to do weekly South-Sound & North-Sound GTG's that's great for them, and perhaps a centrally located GTG (South center mall or so) on a weekend once a month or even every other month (because how much can you talk about your car to the same people every couple of weeks ;) ) with plenty of notice (and maybe even some prizes, turning it into a real car show etc) so people can plan for it. I think that probably would work better and get more participation than the turnout everyone has been seeing so far.

That's basically my thoughts on the subject - I wouldn't mind going to a meet, but the only way that would work for me would be to basically have it be on a work day and then play hookie haha ;)

Ben2009GT
04-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Thought I'd chime in here with my personal $0.02 (god I am wordy aren't I??sorry...lol )

Let me preface this by my personal perspective: I don't know most of the NWPeople - I've met a handful at one time or another, but not at a meet etc. (Ben I think you honked at me one time? seen 2 different red G8's on Meridian a few times) Thus I don't have a beef with most of the people in this area, or even most of the official "PNW G8" folks.

I think what some (if not most) people who don't like the PNWG8 group took issue with is that around last year or so there was a very aggressive push from certain individuals who WERE bad-mouthing others behind their backs for not showing up to all their meets/events or like Tony did, wondering why another site was needed when there were already several regional forums available (here, g8board, lsxnation etc) with a broader audience. I know several people who have been on the receiving end of this venomous speech, myself included. I'm also certain that people who did not receive these verbal lashings would say the PNWG8 group has been a very pleasant experience for them ( and I don't doubt it).

Also certain people were definitely dumping on this site & Charlie and/or purposefully steering people who have questions in other directions just out of... well.. out of what? jealousy? anger? dislike? spite? I just don't know...Whilst not totally related, that still adds to the picture if people LIKE this site and all they hear is people ripping it. (and heck I take that personally because, while Charlie's name is up there, I run the thing).

e.g. If I like strawberry ice cream and everytime I see these people they spend most of their time talking about how much it sucks and they hate it, it really doesn't give me much incentive to spend more time with these people when they basically keep insulting you to your face.

I was ripped for not showing up to meets and several other 'issues'; I work long hours, have a young child & wife that I already barely see because of my schedule, and weekends are some well deserved family time or working on the 20000 things that need to happen around the house. So in short - if for the few 'available' hours I have I have to choose between Family or basically 'some strangers who happen to drive the same car as me', at least to me that choice is easily made in favor of family. No offense meant to fellow G8 owners in the greater NW ;)
Apparently I am an arrogant ass-hole who never does anything for the NW for making that choice.:brock:

I understand everyone's situation is different, people are single or retired, no kids (or kids are adults), or they can take the kids with them, wife's are into cars as well/has other things to do, or they have different work schedules etc so if it works for them: Great - but that doesn't mean it works for everyone. (For example: A friday night meet would basically be choosing to not see my daughter (or even my wife) for an entire day which to me would just be ridiculous when she's at home asking for 'dadda' all day long.. hmm which is more important to me.... ;) )

Problem with the location: South-Sounders are generally not a big fan of driving 'up north' ( I know i'm not) while people past Seattle would say anything past tukwilla is probably ghetto and too far south ;) (No you won't get shot if you drive into Tacoma.....lol)

Anyway -

Lately, at least as far as I can tell, things seem to have 'calmed down' a bit from the PNW G8 group as far as pushing to the point of basically being off-putting to some people to have to show up for meets etc. And that's how I think it should be.

More of a "Hey a bunch of us are getting together, and anyone willing to tag along is welcome!" vs the previously displayed "We're doing this meet and why the **** can't YOU be there/We all can make it so what's your f-in lame excuse this time, you loser?/you're an asshole for not coming to this meet!" attitude. I bet if you were ask people who don't seem too fond of the PNWG8 group they'd say their experiences with them fall more into the second category.

Anyway - I do think having these large meets is very impractical just because of the logistics involved - One group of people will always end up having to drive quite a bit. This is especially true for weekly get-togethers etc because they eat up a lot of time. I think if people want to do weekly South-Sound & North-Sound GTG's that's great for them, and perhaps a centrally located GTG (South center mall or so) on a weekend once a month or even every other month (because how much can you talk about your car to the same people every couple of weeks ;) ) with plenty of notice (and maybe even some prizes, turning it into a real car show etc) so people can plan for it. I think that probably would work better and get more participation than the turnout everyone has been seeing so far.

That's basically my thoughts on the subject - I wouldn't mind going to a meet, but the only way that would work for me would be to basically have it be on a work day and then play hookie haha ;) Very will said all I have wanted is to share idea's and see what others have done to there car's. I hang out with the LsxNation guys on the weekend and I have fun sharing stories about car and other things. I like this site and others I visit on a daily basics. As you can tell I like doing Mod's on my car. I never wanted it to be us and them we have a car that the number are shrinking daily and I must say is a very fun car to drive. Hell I'm checking out my home boys down in Texas to see if there having a get together around June when I go visit my Grandkids.

Seattle09GT
04-12-2010, 05:59 PM
I agree with Ben2009GT - I like our cars. OK, I love our cars. GM hit a home run with the G8. We are a lucky few. 34K made TOTAL. Most of us here are GT or GXP owners. I don't know the exact breakdown off the top of my head of V6 vs GT vs GXP but even if it is 70% that's 23.8K cars! Every day it seems we read about another totalled GT or GXP. Figure 95% still on the road and street legal now you're down to 22.6K cars. TOTAL. No more to ever be built. Hey, we're in a rare group here. We have something in common.

Fine, some people flaunt their modifications a bit too much, some people don't like it, some people have done some serious bad mouthing of others. To coin a phrase, "CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?!?"

But here is the kind of stuff that I think hurts the PNW in general. I posted the following over at the PNWG8 site:

http://pnwg8.com/forum1/index.php?topic=322.0

Well, I can't win for losing as there is an event already scheduled this weekend.

If anyone is interested the Porsche Club is holding a driver skills day on April 17, 2010 from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM at Bremerton Raceway. Cost is $55 that includes having an instructor for half the day, and a hot lunch. Bargain. The day is broken up into six segments:

* Slalom.
* Wet skidpad.
* Threshold braking and accident avoidance.
* Advanced slalom.
* Handling oval.
* Autocross.

The Autocross is optional but seriously, why wouldn't you - worst that can happen is you shag a cone.

This is NOT a racing event - unless you really do something wrong you're not going to hurt/damage your car.

If you want to attend, I recommend after talking to the coordinator you register sooner than later, these tend to sell out about two weeks before the event.

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/0490D741-03B3-1920-4B91E399AEB2ADC3

Hoping not to be the only G8 there.

This is one of the replies...

You're going this year? Didn't they do this last year too? So its an annual event for them? Kinda like community service for fast car drivers? Grin Besides, our first "official" Club event kinda trumps somebody else's fund raiser, don't ya think? Wink

Ya, I get the wink. But why the snark? Someone else fund raiser??? For real? $55 gets my track access for the day, a racing instructor for four hours AND lunch. Someone is making money?!?! Who?!? For real??? Frankly it makes me go, "why even bother to ask the Porsche Club for spots for these events if no one is going to take them," not understand that we got INVITED as a favor, and instead I get a borderline middle finger, from one of the administrators of the site no less. It makes me go, "why bother."

So maybe I'm on the outside and don't even know it. Ya, I peeled off all those Pontiac emblems, even the one on the front. Holden came out with the 2010 SSV-SE about a month after I did it. Hey, that's a slice of awesomeness. What does that change? It is fun enough to get the, "what is it," questions, debadged it really makes things interesting. I really like all the cars in the group (well OK, the rally shark fin wake modifiers I'm no so sure about...) and I've learned a lot from the people here.

I miss how things were this time last year. We got along for the most part - there is going to be grumblings when you get twenty to thirty highly opinionated and generally speaking intelligent gear heads together.

I'd also like to clarify that I too would like to hang out, but given on a Friday night my choices are sit in traffic to hang out with like minded individuals, be with the girlfriend or see my kids - sorry - but like minded individuals who drive a car like me lose every time, even if I"m blessed with a little girl who loves horsepower, poking under the hood of a car, and the smell of motor oil on her hands.

I hope as a group we can figure something out longer term. There is so much getting ready to go on, including drag racing on Friday Nights in Auburn (hey, I'd meet up for that) and on Saturday in Bremerton. Both are right around the corner. Then there are AutoX - a tons of car shows all through the area.

I'll again suggest, strongly, that we should really work on having a strong showing at the POCI all Pontiac show in Puyallup for Meeker Days on June 20, 2010. It is a fabulous venue that goes far beyond a car show, with a carnival, street fair, good eats, and a great crowd. Could even when its all done go to The Rock in Puyallup as a group for microbrews and kick ass pizza. Just sayin'

Steve
04-13-2010, 08:18 AM
Very will said all I have wanted is to share idea's and see what others have done to there car's. I hang out with the LsxNation guys on the weekend and I have fun sharing stories about car and other things. I like this site and others I visit on a daily basics. As you can tell I like doing Mod's on my car. I never wanted it to be us and them we have a car that the number are shrinking daily and I must say is a very fun car to drive. Hell I'm checking out my home boys down in Texas to see if there having a get together around June when I go visit my Grandkids.

And that's how I think it should be ! :)

christiancoach
04-13-2010, 01:43 PM
Steve,
Thank you for being willing to put your thoughts and feelings out there. I was beginning to think I was the only person that felt put off. Hopefully some stuff will come together this summer that everyone can attend.

08G8V8
04-18-2010, 07:37 AM
But here is the kind of stuff that I think hurts the PNW in general. I posted the following over at the PNWG8 site:

http://pnwg8.com/forum1/index.php?topic=322.0

Well, I can't win for losing as there is an event already scheduled this weekend.

If anyone is interested the Porsche Club is holding a driver skills day on April 17, 2010 from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM at Bremerton Raceway. Cost is $55 that includes having an instructor for half the day, and a hot lunch. Bargain. The day is broken up into six segments:

* Slalom.
* Wet skidpad.
* Threshold braking and accident avoidance.
* Advanced slalom.
* Handling oval.
* Autocross.

The Autocross is optional but seriously, why wouldn't you - worst that can happen is you shag a cone.

This is NOT a racing event - unless you really do something wrong you're not going to hurt/damage your car.

If you want to attend, I recommend after talking to the coordinator you register sooner than later, these tend to sell out about two weeks before the event.

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/0490D741-03B3-1920-4B91E399AEB2ADC3

Hoping not to be the only G8 there.

Dave,
Let us know how this went. This sounds like a great time, and I wished I could have attended. I would really like to get my car out to the track. I won a trip back in 2005 through Marlboro where we got to spend 3 days running Mustangs on an autocross course, Van Dieman open wheel cars on the track, and IROC cars on the oval.

Executor999
04-18-2010, 08:28 AM
I'm up for meeting fellow G8 owners at the POCI all Pontiac show in Puyallup for Meeker Days on June 20, 2010. I think if we try to meet up once or twice a year, this event should be one of them - and by planning ahead, letting go of expectations and arranging just a few meets per year, the chances are higher that almost everyone will be able to attend.

I met a few of you in October 2008 and our little group of G8's definitely turned some heads. After that, everyone seemed to get real quiet as if the group didn't even exist. I wasn't aware of the underlying tension amongst some members or G8 forums (regarding the PNW group, that is) and hopefully we can let that go and move on.

I've always been a Pontiac nut. We own 'the last Pontiac' model ever made, a piece of history and we need to represent. :)

08G8V8
04-18-2010, 08:56 AM
I'm up for meeting fellow G8 owners at the POCI all Pontiac show in Puyallup for Meeker Days on June 20, 2010. I think if we try to meet up once or twice a year, this event should be one of them - and by planning ahead, letting go of expectations and arranging just a few meets per year, the chances are higher that almost everyone will be able to attend.

I met a few of you in October 2008 and our little group of G8's definitely turned some heads. After that, everyone seemed to get real quiet as if the group didn't even exist. I wasn't aware of the underlying tension amongst some members or G8 forums (regarding the PNW group, that is) and hopefully we can let that go and move on.

I've always been a Pontiac nut. We own 'the last Pontiac' model ever made, a piece of history and we need to represent. :)

Hey Dan. This does sound like a good event to meet up at.

Did you realize there is a G8 meet in Portland today? I am working today, but you might want to check it out. You will have to go onto the PNWG8 site to get the details though, as it wasn't advertised on this or the other board.

Seattle09GT
04-18-2010, 09:55 AM

Unless something gets in the way unforeseen, or the weather is pure crap (Meeker Days POCI turned into a hail storm with thunder and lighting literally last year) we all plan to be at Meeker Days on the 20th. We could call it our second annual summer solstice event, last year we got together on 6/21 and had the largest gathering of G8s in the PNW to date up in Lynnwood (it also rained - LOL).

Executor999
04-18-2010, 10:39 AM
Hey Dan. This does sound like a good event to meet up at.

Did you realize there is a G8 meet in Portland today? I am working today, but you might want to check it out. You will have to go onto the PNWG8 site to get the details though, as it wasn't advertised on this or the other board.

Dang I had no idea! Just found the details on their site and learned the location is very close to me. And I just washed my car this morning so I'm going have to crash the party and say hello. Thanks for the heads up. :)

08G8V8
04-18-2010, 10:42 AM
Dang I had no idea! Just found the details on their site and learned the location is very close to me. And I just washed my car this morning so I'm going have to crash the party and say hello. Thanks for the heads up. :)

I didn't think you would know about it, but figured you would definitely want to attend.

goldz28
05-08-2010, 05:49 PM
I did not realize there was a problem with the PNW Club. Guess I"m out of the loop being in Oregon...:lol:

-Ray-
05-09-2010, 04:13 AM
I am headed to Vancouver WA on Monday. We'll be there a couple days. If any of you locals would like to meet up for dinner Monday or Tuesday night, shot me a pm.
After reading this thread, I was not sure I should post this. LOL
Tuesday would be better I think.

08G8V8
05-09-2010, 07:32 AM
I am headed to Vancouver WA on Monday. We'll be there a couple days. If any of you locals would like to meet up for dinner Monday or Tuesday night, shot me a pm.

You will be right across the river from Portland where there are a few members. I'd like to meet up with you, but it's a couple of hours away and I start my month of 2nd shift on Monday. Hopefully somebody will see this and respond.

-Ray-
05-09-2010, 10:14 AM
I just checked, I get into Portland at 7:25 pm pdt if everything goes right. It'll be closer to 9 before I get across the river.

-Ray-
05-09-2010, 10:16 AM
You will be right across the river from Portland where there are a few members. I'd like to meet up with you, but it's a couple of hours away and I start my month of 2nd shift on Monday. Hopefully somebody will see this and respond.

I've driven from Portland to Seattle a couple times. I had the West Coast sales area before I moved to Indiana.
I wonder if anyone works for SEH America.
I'll have another trip to Seattle coming up in a few weeks.

-Ray-
05-11-2010, 03:41 PM
I'm wondering if there are really any G8's here. All I see imports.

Steve
05-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Yeah.. welcome to the PNW... aka the Asian Invasion...

-Ray-
05-11-2010, 08:19 PM
LOL. My customer is a Japanese company. You should have THEIR parking lot.

goldz28
05-15-2010, 05:17 PM
Ray,
PM me when you are going to be here again. I might drive up to Portland if its on a wed or thurs night. I work every Fri-Mon night so weekends are out for me.

I did see a red GXP on my way home from Tacoma on Thurs. Thing was sweet, sounded amazing.

blue-mayhem
05-15-2010, 07:43 PM

Damn wish I would have seen this earlier. Maybe next time I will try to get everyone up here to come down. I live in Tacoma so it's like a two drive for me.

-Ray-
05-16-2010, 03:21 AM
Thanks guy's, I appreciate it. I have another trip to be scheduled somewhere in the Seattle area I believe. Poulsbo, Washington.

Rubbabubi
05-18-2010, 02:28 AM
Hey everyone. I'm fairly new G8 owner and I just joined the PNWG8 club a few months ago and I apologize for the treatment that some of you had. I did not have the same treatment when I joined. They welcomed me into the family with open arms, even though I am one of the young-uns at 22 years old. I did not realize that our events were not posted on this forum and the other one, and I hope that in the future you will reconsider joining us in our events.

I try to attend most of the events that I can and I would love to come up north to Seattle sometime if any of you want to get together so I can meet you guys. I live in Olympia and driving to Puyallup on Fridays is kind of a long drive with a lot of traffic for me also, so I understand where you all are coming from. I really wish that I could have attended the Driver's Skills Day on April 17th, but I was still nursing an eye injury.

Anyways, we have had quite a few new members recently and it is really becoming a fun club to be a part of. We just got back from a trip to Leavenworth on Sunday and we even had a couple guys from Oregon that drove 5 hours to come. I hope to meet some of you guys soon and I'm thinking about going to the Puyallup All Pontiac Car Show on June 20th if I can get the time off of work. I know the week before that on June 13th, they have an event planned to go to the Grand Prix Raceway in Lakewood for some Indoor Go-Kart Racing. I'll make sure to start posting up the events on this board and the other one so maybe we can get some more exposure.

Steve
05-18-2010, 09:56 AM
Welcome & I think it'll be good to see the events cross-posted etc. Can only help the turn out!

I'll keep my eyes open for you when I go pick up my car from Norpac this week ;)

MidLifeG8
05-31-2010, 08:18 AM
Steve,
Thank you for being willing to put your thoughts and feelings out there. I was beginning to think I was the only person that felt put off. Hopefully some stuff will come together this summer that everyone can attend.

Personally I don't know Steve. But that's here nor there. The PNW G8 Club has always been open to everyone and invites everyone to the GTG and Month activities. We invite the LSX nation people and GTO people and including the Mustang clubs and ricers everyone. We have asked several people on the north end to put a event together. Then they disappear with nothing planned. They tried to put together a monthly meeting in Bellevue kind of half way between everyone.. Only the south enders showed. I have family too along with a very busy schedule and I enjoy talking to everyone at the GTG's and making friends even if we disagree on things we are all adults and get over the differences. Some of the PNW G8 group has worked very hard on putting together activities for EVERYONE to enjoy including families of all ages. So you are invited and welcome to show and have as much fun as you wish. They have trips to LeMay car museum planned, Kartting event, Picnics and much much more. So if you would like to plan an event contact them and let them know and I'm sure some of the south enders will show.

You mentioned car show and prizes. Please put something together go around and get sponsors to give you prizes from the national boards, most local sponsors want to see what they are getting for there gifts to a organization or pay for them out of your own pocket. I would show up I would show up even if there were no prizes because of the friendships I've built.

Normally if you fell put off it because of your own actions. Bad mouthing someone or the PNW group because it doesn't fit your agenda before you even have a chance to get to know us.

Mike

Steve
06-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Normally if you fell put off it because of your own actions. Bad mouthing someone or the PNW group because it doesn't fit your agenda before you even have a chance to get to know us.

I think you have it backwards: a select few people were attacking & bad mouthing Me, Tony and others (including even Charlie (GRRRR8), whom they don't even know since he's not even in the same state!) because we didn't fit the PNWG8 agenda in some shape or form. This has for some people left a foul taste in their mouths where it has ruined any desire to want to deal with the PNW group. I personally don't hate the PNWG8 group or anything like that because of the actions of one or two individuals, especially since I think the group seems to have outgrown it's 'bitchy highschool' phase and is now a good place for like minded people to talk about their cars.

Like i've stated before: I'm all for people getting together and having fun if they want, but there's no need to rip on people who, for whatever reason, either can't or choose not to participate.

Also mind you, this negative stuff was, at least for me, basically at least a year to a year and a half ago - which IIRC is actually even before you, or most others who are now involved with it, 'joined' the PNW club - thus most PNW people have never seen or experienced this initial phase. If the club was as seemingly pleasant back then as it appears now I don't think this thread would even exist...

And again: lately (12months +) I haven't heard as much - if any - negativity coming this way. If anything, based on Your, Ben's, "rubbabubi' and other's comments it would seem the PNW group has 'matured' quite a bit since those beginning days which is great!

IMHO, The G8 community is small enough as it is, we don't need 'inter club warfare' to fracture the already small numbers of G8 owners even further.

Seattle09GT
06-01-2010, 02:18 PM
Personally I don't know Steve. But that's here nor there. The PNW G8 Club has always been open to everyone and invites everyone to the GTG and Month activities. We invite the LSX nation people and GTO people and including the Mustang clubs and ricers everyone. We have asked several people on the north end to put a event together. Then they disappear with nothing planned. They tried to put together a monthly meeting in Bellevue kind of half way between everyone.. Only the south enders showed. I have family too along with a very busy schedule and I enjoy talking to everyone at the GTG's and making friends even if we disagree on things we are all adults and get over the differences. Some of the PNW G8 group has worked very hard on putting together activities for EVERYONE to enjoy including families of all ages. So you are invited and welcome to show and have as much fun as you wish. They have trips to LeMay car museum planned, Kartting event, Picnics and much much more. So if you would like to plan an event contact them and let them know and I'm sure some of the south enders will show.

You mentioned car show and prizes. Please put something together go around and get sponsors to give you prizes from the national boards, most local sponsors want to see what they are getting for there gifts to a organization or pay for them out of your own pocket. I would show up I would show up even if there were no prizes because of the friendships I've built.

Mike

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I take strong exception to this.

I prepared our Summer Solstice event in June of 2009 in Lynnwod, and we had the largest turn out in regional history to date for number of G8s in the same location. Thirty-four of us went to dinner at Red Robin that night, and we had the huge turn out even with the day being a wash out, and we had people at the table from small children to retirees. I worked with others to get us to go to the Firebirds show, and help drive enough G8s to show up at that Kirkland event so that we got our own trophy class, one of the first car shows in North America to have a decidated G8 class. I busted my hump to get events for the north end, and I've gone down to Bonnie Lake, where other north enders were present. I was the only G8 at the POCI Meeker Days show in June of 2009. I didn't even enter my car, just went down to check our Meeker Days and POCI asked me park my car in the show area.

I've posted driving skills days on a number of occasions on the PNWG8 site and got basically mocked when I posted the April school. I went to bat for our club three times to get us special slots in the Porsche Club school to no takers. I offered to put together a regional event of which there was zero interest, even took feedback to adjust location, duration, and route based on feedback.

You're painting with a very broad brush there when you point a finger at us do nothing north enders. I'm planning to go to Meeker Days POCI show, assuming the monsoons end. I'm also planning to enter the Greenwood Car Show on June 26th.

I was actively involved, and still involved with the Grand Prix Club, I was very heavy involved with the Chevrolet Avalanche Club. There is a lot of politics, or there were, in the local G8 community. I really wanted to stay out of it as much as possible, but felt at the Kirkland Firebird car show I had to "pick a side," and the behavior of some at that show I found to be, less than adult, to try and remain above the fray.

But I take strong exception to your portrayal of the do nothing, say nothing, north enders who just complain. Some of us have done plenty to support the club, and remain active.

Steve
06-01-2010, 02:55 PM
And to you sir - Kudos! :)

christiancoach
06-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Bad mouthing someone or the PNW group because it doesn't fit your agenda before you even have a chance to get to know us.

Mike

Let me state one more time: I was told flat out, if I didn't want to be part of pnwg8.com that I wasn't welcome there. That came in response to me asking a simple question: "Why do we need a seperate board?"

That happened a few months later after I got "kicked in the teeth" (figuratively, not literally) by a couple of the G8 Club Members. After I won first place at the All Pontiac Show in the G8 category so nicely arranged by Seattle09GT, a couple of people made comments under their breaths, and then afterwards came on the forum and stated that they would never enter a car show that I was entering again! Then a few weeks later I won the “Foreign” category at the Kirkland Car Show, which by the way was not my choice in category, it was where the head judged placed me after a thorough explanation of exactly what my car is. This again drew grumbles and complaints from G8 Club Members. One specific comment was: "You can't have it both ways." Here I am after saving for several years to buy a car to show, poured my heart and soul into it, and I get dogged for it. I felt like crap! I don't show up to the drag races and complain that I am not ever entering a drag race again because someone else who was there has a cammed G8! For both of those show my car was meticulously cleaned and prepared for the show. I spent all day talking to people about my car. Some of the people who came to the All Pontiac didn't even wash their cars!!!!!!
I NEVER BAD MOUTHED ANYONE! I bit my tongue and didn't say a word! So Mike, don't even suppose to know what happened when you OBVIOUSLY DON'T! In fact I am pretty sure you didn't even own a G8 when most of this happened.
Also, I don't have an agenda. I have no ownership or stake in any of the forums, or shows. I just like to get together with people with cool cars.

Ben2009GT
06-01-2010, 09:42 PM
I'm from Texas born and raised and Spent 8 yrs in Michigan, being Hispanic 5th generation born in TX and served the US ARMY 7 yrs I have known lots people who just don't like me because of my ethnicity yes it still happens in the USA. So I learn not to bite my lip or hold my tongue and I will let you know if I don't like you or I just won't talk to you. So in short, all this window dressing she said he said all you need to do is just call out the people who are talking / back stabbing so we can get over this little tantrum that people are throwing and just move on. I understand the reason for the The PNW G8 Club just to post up local events and talk to the locals g8ers,it wasn't meant to step on this site or other national sites. You know what's cool is having 8 g8's rolling down the highway and watching the people break there necks looking at our rides as we pass them up going to Leavenworth and arriving there watching people walk up to look at our G8's. Had a great time with my wife and son, spent the night. But the sad part is we should have or could of had many more but no dice. To say I like everyone who is part of club would be wrong but I respect the fact they are trying to meet people who have a very special and limited car and make the effort to show up. I have shared information with them all and willing to help when asked. So just show up sit down and clear the air so we can move on. That's my 3 cents worth on this subject which is really getting old.

Ben

Steve
06-02-2010, 09:15 AM
Well said Ben

Rubbabubi
06-03-2010, 03:50 AM
I agree with Ben that it would be great if we could just clear the air and start fresh with all of this. I really like having the separate PNW G8 website because it gives us one location to find all of the local information that we want or need. I try to attend all of the events that I can and I would have attended the driver skills day in April that Seattle09GT posted, but I was recovering from eye surgery so it wasn't an option. I'm going to try to make it to Meeker Days this year and I would love to see some new G8s and their drivers that I haven't met yet. To christiancoach, I have never met you, but I would love to and I really want to see that car that you poured your heart and soul into. I read that you said some people were mad at you because you won car shows, but personally I say, more power to you! I love the way these cars looked stock, but if everyone shows up in a stock G8 and one person has a completely tricked out one, then of course the one that is tricked out is going to win because it is the only unique one. I know that some of the PNW G8 guys are set on keeping their cars as stock as possible so they can keep their cars as future collector's car and that's great, but I realize that I probably won't win any awards either, until I start modding my car more. I think your car looks awesome and I would be proud to win an award as a G8 or a Holden if I was you.

Anyways, I really do hope that people could all just get along and I know that those of us in the PNW G8 Club also meet up with Lsxnation guys every Friday night and we just love talking about everything dealing with cars. I even convinced a buddy of mine who just bought an '88 Camaro Z-28 today to start showing up to events if he wants. I just hope that those of you who don't want anything to do with the PNW G8 Club, won't shut out all of us who are just trying to get along with everyone. I hope to meet everyone here soon.

christiancoach
06-03-2010, 11:00 AM
Ben and Rubbabubi,
Thank you. I appreciate both of your posts. I personally am tired of the subject and let it go. For me the only reason I even posted again, was a finger and blame pointed at me as having done something negative or bad mouthed someone. I will take blame for something that I feel was done unto me.
I look forward to meeting all the newer G8 owners who I haven't met yet, and of course would love to get to hang out with some of the older owners who I have gotten the opportunity to know over the last couple of years.

grandmacpubah
06-05-2010, 05:47 AM
http://cdn2.knowyourmeme.com/i/23346/original/turtles1.jpg