PDA

View Full Version : Gas Mileage readout issue with Maggie1900? 35mpg???

gr8lover
04-05-2010, 12:27 AM
I am guessing my gas mileage indicator must be off now due to the Maggie and the Livernois tune because after 30 miles on the expressway it is saying I am getting 35.1mpg....????? Is it something to do with the stock fuel injectors chnaged to 60psi? BAP?

I cannot beleive it is getting 35mpg so there must be something up with this?

any ideas? thoughts? (ps.. driving it hard it on the back roads dropped it back down to 19mpg.... but that seems really high considering I was running it hard...)

08G8V8
04-05-2010, 04:52 AM
What? You haven't burned through a tank of gas yet? I would have been driving around all weekend burning up gas, "testing" everything out!

I guess the best way to verify is to compare the computers calculation with a true miles/gal check after filling up. I have seen some pretty high mpg pics from folks, but those are typically from cruising on the interstate and resetting the DIC just before entering the interstate. Once you get off and start driving around town the numbers come down pretty quick.

Looks like a maggie is the green mod to help improve all of our mpg's!

Patrick G
04-05-2010, 08:25 AM
The computer still thinks it has the stock injectors in it. It calculates fuel mileage based on commanded injector pulse width. With bigger injectors, you are commanding a smaller pulse width (even though the net amount of fuel is the same). Do a hand calculated measurement (miles/gallons). Bet you're getting worse than before the blower. Sorry, this is not a "green" mod. It's a power mod.

gr8lover
04-05-2010, 08:45 AM
The computer still thinks it has the stock injectors in it. It calculates fuel mileage based on commanded injector pulse width. With bigger injectors, you are commanding a smaller pulse width (even though the net amount of fuel is the same). Do a hand calculated measurement (miles/gallons). Bet you're getting worse than before the blower. Sorry, this is not a "green" mod. It's a power mod.

THanks for the info. I thought something like this was happening but wasnt sure exactly what. Do you know by chance is there something they can do in the programming to adjust this value to simulate the gas mileage now with the 60lb injectors?

Patrick G
04-05-2010, 08:52 AM
Who tuned the car? Did they change the injector flow rate and voltage offset tables to reflect the 60lb injectors?

gr8lover
04-05-2010, 10:52 AM
Livernois did the tune and I have no idea about the other stuff. I am assuming they did all of that but not sure. I am going to give them and call and discuss it with them. I guess it would be nice to have a more "accurate" reading so if they can adjust something then I am sure they will. Can it be adjusted to readout properly.?. hate to ask for something that isnt possible or really difficult.

BigV8
04-11-2010, 06:24 AM
With my 2300 by Livernois the best I have gotten on the highway is 24.5 mpg and a 60 mile round trip to work, 80% highway 22.1.