PDA

View Full Version : Woodward Tonight!!!!!

fastg8mi
04-02-2010, 02:51 PM
Paul and me and are going to cruise woodward tonight, should be fun. If your going, post up in here and we can meet :)

Mike P
04-02-2010, 05:35 PM
Paul and me and are going to cruise woodward tonight, should be fun. If your going, post up in here and we can meet :)

Mike:

It was good talking to you today. Let us know if you & Paul "line em up", and how it goes......

Also, let us know if you guys get into any races, and with what kind of cars......

My wife & I got all of our stuff done today...... I'll give you a call soon, so we can meet up.....

mi04se1
04-02-2010, 07:19 PM
I was to freaking tired to go out tonight. Will you be at Milan tomarrow? If so, Ill see you there.

Mike P
04-02-2010, 11:12 PM
I was to freaking tired to go out tonight. Will you be at Milan tomarrow? If so, Ill see you there.

No real changes to my car yet, so I won't be up at the Milan opening day. Definitely report back.............

fastg8mi
04-03-2010, 07:40 AM
fml i just typed up this whole story about last night and deleted it by accident..... so you get condensed version

on way to woodward i get a ticket for going 78, pulled me over and gave me a ticket for my tint, license plate cover, chip in my window and eluding him becasue i "got off 696 to fast" GAY

raced a c5 z06 took him by 2 cars, both had traction problems him out of hole me on the 1-2 shift, EQUALS WIN

Pauly D raced a cammed g8 and a bad ass solstice with an ls7, but ill let him tell you that part :)

Mike P
04-03-2010, 11:20 AM
fml i just typed up this whole story about last night and deleted it by accident..... so you get condensed version

on way to woodward i get a ticket for going 78, pulled me over and gave me a ticket for my tint, license plate cover, chip in my window and eluding him becasue i "got off 696 to fast" GAY

raced a c5 z06 took him by 2 cars, both had traction problems him out of hole me on the 1-2 shift, EQUALS WIN

Pauly D raced a cammed g8 and a bad ass solstice with an ls7, but ill let him tell you that part :)

Mike:

Nice! You put down a C5 Z06!? Awesome! Sucks about the ticket though.......

What cammed G8 did Paul beat? Did you guys end up "lining them up" at all?

dline
04-03-2010, 11:31 AM
I was out there last night in my trailblazer ss.

That cammed G8 dark gray one, should be running high 12s if I had to guess, I think he went to milan today.

http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz240/turbolsx/IMG00410-20100401-0748.jpg

I saw the red G8 with the drag radials last night too....is that Paul G8GT594 ?

GTPprix
04-03-2010, 01:50 PM
I left around 9 didn't see any of you guys out there LOL I DID see an orange debadged one on the way there on 16 mile though.

Mike P
04-03-2010, 03:34 PM

That cammed G8 dark gray one, should be running high 12s if I had to guess, I think he went to milan today.

I saw the red G8 with the drag radials last night too....is that Paul G8GT594 ?

What's up dline? :)

A cammed G8 running high 12's, that's kinda slow. I thought I was the slowest cammed G8.

I'm pretty sure that's Paul's red G8 with the slicks/drag radials (MT ET Streets)........

dline
04-03-2010, 08:04 PM
I dont think the cammed dark gray one has headers or aftermarket converter

fastg8mi
04-03-2010, 08:09 PM
I dont think the cammed dark gray one has headers or aftermarket converter

he's running kooks 1 7/8, with corsa muffs, stock converter or at least he says.....

paul took him fairly easy because of the verter and tires :)

Mike P
04-03-2010, 08:27 PM
he's running kooks 1 7/8, with corsa muffs, stock converter or at least he says.....

paul took him fairly easy because of the verter and tires :)

Mike:

Did you race Paul at all? :)

travis gore
04-04-2010, 04:19 AM
sounds like fun
a LS7 Solsitce that would be cool any pics?

G8GT594
04-04-2010, 06:29 AM
sounds like fun
a LS7 Solsitce that would be cool any pics?

I hung with him real well. He was even surprised when i talked to him. You could hear it missin up top though so the tune need some real work done to it because i should have had my ass handed to me. Mike P, Mike and I didn't race at all. There was another G8 there calling me out. For future warning never race on cold ET streets on a dig lol.

fastg8mi
04-04-2010, 08:38 AM
the solstice was a bad car

i really thought you weren't paying attention because his hands dropped and u didnt move, AT ALL. Then i realized you were just doing a burnout lol

once you heated them up it was a diff story tho

I hung with him real well. He was even surprised when i talked to him. You could hear it missin up top though so the tune need some real work done to it because i should have had my ass handed to me. Mike P, Mike and I didn't race at all. There was another G8 there calling me out. For future warning never race on cold ET streets on a dig lol.

i kept trying to get u to go from a roll but you were to busy being a text whore lmao

Mike P
04-04-2010, 01:15 PM

Sounds like it was a good time. More racing than at Milan. LOL

Man an LS7 Solstice! How did the races turn out with him Paul? Did he say what it runs the 1/4 mile in?

G8GT594
04-04-2010, 07:16 PM
the solstice was a bad car

i really thought you weren't paying attention because his hands dropped and u didnt move, AT ALL. Then i realized you were just doing a burnout lol

once you heated them up it was a diff story tho

i kept trying to get u to go from a roll but you were to busy being a text whore lmao

Thats what i get for being cocky lmao.

Pshhh fool, next time your out ill introduce you to her and, you'll see why i was texting so much lmao.

wnt2gofst
04-04-2010, 07:25 PM

ya that woudl be really slow for a cammed G8...But sounds like you guys had lots of fun...There a few guys down in this area installing ls1's in Miata's and 350z's.

dline
05-02-2010, 06:22 AM
another good night on woodward friday night, cammed G8 beating a G8 spraying was nice to see.

fastg8mi
05-02-2010, 06:57 AM
Woodward was awesome, best night so far.

Dline, did you take your g8? I thought me, paul and nick were the only ones there.

Suppposedly after the cop came to the spot, the last 3 cars got pulled over as they were leaving.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dline
05-02-2010, 07:23 AM
I was in my white traiblazer ss.......that gray G8 with cam and long tubes, runs 12.30s in the 1/4 mile

I remember a white G8 and yours there also.

dline
05-02-2010, 12:08 PM
lol, ok headers, exhaust, tune and intake

neat article on Lidios car too
http://editions.amospublishing.com/PCEN/Default.aspx?d=20100601&pagenum=58

Mike P
05-02-2010, 09:21 PM
another good night on woodward friday night, cammed G8 beating a G8 spraying was nice to see.

dline:

Who's cammed G8 & who's G8 on spray?

fastg8mi
05-03-2010, 04:25 AM
Lidios red g8 from alternative is spraying, nicks grey is cammed and.....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

MIEngineer
05-04-2010, 04:45 PM
I didn't make it out Saturday, went to a party instead.

fastg8mi
05-14-2010, 11:25 AM
me and pauly d will be there tonight :)

reply if ur coming and we can meet up either at caribou or gas station across form it

GTPprix
05-14-2010, 12:15 PM
I *might* go out tonight, depends on if I have any energy left LOL

mi04se1
05-14-2010, 01:27 PM
Im running on E and I still have a half hour of work.

Matt
08-14-2010, 07:06 AM
Anyone going tonight (Saturday)?

G8GT594
08-14-2010, 07:16 AM
Anyone going tonight (Saturday)?

If the weather holds off most likely. Won't be in the car though. Back in the shop as of last week.

Matt
08-14-2010, 07:27 AM
yea if it stays dry i will make the drive. probably not till around 9 or 10 though

G8GT594
08-14-2010, 07:48 AM
yea if it stays dry i will make the drive. probably not till around 9 or 10 though

There is a considerable amount of jackasses out until 10 or so. I didn't end up getting there until 12 last night and it was pretty chill.

DetroitSpeedJunkie
08-14-2010, 07:49 AM
Maybe. Part of my exhaust is hitting the heatshield under the car and little ticking noise it makes under heavy load is pissing me off lol.

Mike P
08-14-2010, 08:04 AM
If the weather holds off most likely. Won't be in the car though. Back in the shop as of last week.

Paul:

You called it. I remember you recently saying, "Wouldn't it be ironic, if Matt had his car on the street, and yours was in the shop......?"
Oh well, I'm sure you'll get it back soon enough.....

Matt:

So, it is the single Garrett turbo set up, correct? Are you lovin' it?

Woodward sounds like fun, if you're in the country.... :)

Mike P
08-14-2010, 08:07 AM
Just saw this in the VMS Single Turbo thread....

The car drives awesome! I only put about 100 miles on it so far but I am trying to get out to Woodward tonight if it stays dry. Maybe capture some videos!

G8GT594
08-14-2010, 08:22 AM
Paul:

You called it. I remember you recently saying, "Wouldn't it be ironic, if Matt had his car on the street, and yours was in the shop......?"
Oh well, I'm sure you'll get it back soon enough.....

Matt:

So, it is the single Garrett turbo set up, correct? Are you lovin' it?

Woodward sounds like fun, if you're in the country.... :)

Yup, bet let me tell you its well worth the reason it ended up back in the shop. Aw well, can't do anything about it. Guess its the price to pay.

Mike P
08-14-2010, 08:28 AM
Yup, bet let me tell you its well worth the reason it ended up back in the shop. Aw well, can't do anything about it. Guess its the price to pay.

I've got a feeling with the blower & gears, and everything else, you're pushing a ton of RWHP & RWTQ now......

G8GT594
08-14-2010, 08:47 AM
I've got a feeling with the blower & gears, and everything else, you're pushing a ton of RWHP & RWTQ now......

Another pulley swap and meth on the way :devil:

Mike P
08-14-2010, 09:31 AM

I've gotta send you an email / PM via FB, with a "Do Not Disclose Contract".....

Somebody should get your 1/4 mile run on video.......

Matt
08-14-2010, 01:59 PM
Maybe. Part of my exhaust is hitting the heatshield under the car and little ticking noise it makes under heavy load is pissing me off lol.

You have a crowbar?

Matt
08-14-2010, 02:04 PM
Paul: thanks for the heads up.
Single garret turbo... YES i'm lovin it!!!

I'm trying to find someone with a camera that can get some vids from another car.

Mike P
08-14-2010, 04:17 PM

I'm trying to find someone with a camera that can get some vids from another car.

Sounds good! I'm subscribed...... :)

:popcorn:

gr8lover
08-14-2010, 10:34 PM

Paul,
You know there is a limit on where power and traction do no co-exist!!!!!!!!!!! You trying to make a smoke machine or what? :)

Dagoon
08-15-2010, 09:07 AM
Hey guys im always at woodward. I hang out with my GTO Buddies who come down from canada with me. Dark Red GTO, Yellow GTO (Supercharged), and that guy with the LS7 Soltice, he always has a Black Z06 with Black rims. My car is the Black G8 GT with Black Rims. We usually hang out at the Art Van somewhere around 11mile? not too sure exactly but thats the general area lol. If you ever see us there stop in and say hi!

TY2185
08-15-2010, 09:07 AM

I have a camera. I'm also considering the VMS Turbo kit. I would love to check it out.
I’m in Chelsea, MI so it a little bit of a drive to Richmond. Where would you like to meet?

G8GT594
08-15-2010, 09:19 AM
Paul,
You know there is a limit on where power and traction do no co-exist!!!!!!!!!!! You trying to make a smoke machine or what? :)

It never ends with me lol. However it all depends on how hurt my car is right now.

Matt, didn't see you out last night. Missed some good times.

Matt
08-15-2010, 07:45 PM
Yea I didnt make it out last night. had a few to many pops early and figured it wouldnt be a good idea.

I just got back from woodward tonight tho(sun). alot of nice cars. Had 1 decent run with a c6 z06 up till about 60 or so. Let me know where I can meet up next weekend, I'm itching to see how my car runs with some real competition.

Wade, I will be at Woodward next friday night. My Aunt lives in and has a practice in Chelsea. Yea that is like an hour drive

G8GT594
08-15-2010, 08:25 PM
Yea I didnt make it out last night. had a few to many pops early and figured it wouldnt be a good idea.

I just got back from woodward tonight tho(sun). alot of nice cars. Had 1 decent run with a c6 z06 up till about 60 or so. Let me know where I can meet up next weekend, I'm itching to see how my car runs with some real competition.

Wade, I will be at Woodward next friday night. My Aunt lives in and has a practice in Chelsea. Yea that is like an hour drive

Send me a PM with your number, and I'll let you know of the spots. I don't know if i'll be there this weekend with the dream cruise going on and stuff. Might be in flint. IF i have my car back. Were still trying to figure out whats wrong it.

Matt
08-17-2010, 03:47 PM
Im going tonight. clean Black GT with tints and factory 18's.... oh ya, and a turbo!

Mike P
08-17-2010, 06:32 PM
Im going tonight. clean Black GT with tints and factory 18's.... oh ya, and a turbo!

Let us know how you do in any races.....

Who won you vs. the C6 Z06?

Matt
08-17-2010, 09:51 PM
the z06 wasnt really a "race". we both left hard and stayed in it till maybe mid 2nd gear. all was even when we let up.

Tonight ran a supposed 500rwhp porshe turbo from a 40 roll a couple times, all even runs.

Another supposed 600 rwhp whipple 03 cobra on DR's. from a dig, I Spun a little and he had a car on me when we had to let off. Great run though.

I really need to learn my car all over again. Its got alot of power, now I just have to make the most of it. I had 2 passengers in my car tonight, porsche-1 passenger, mustang 0 pass.

Mike P
08-18-2010, 02:17 AM
the z06 wasnt really a "race". we both left hard and stayed in it till maybe mid 2nd gear. all was even when we let up.

Tonight ran a supposed 500rwhp porshe turbo from a 40 roll a couple times, all even runs.

Another supposed 600 rwhp whipple 03 cobra on DR's. from a dig, I Spun a little and he had a car on me when we had to let off. Great run though.

I really need to learn my car all over again. Its got alot of power, now I just have to make the most of it. I had 2 passengers in my car tonight, porsche-1 passenger, mustang 0 pass.

I hear what you're saying about it not really being a "race". But it was a nice spirited hole shot by you both..... And a C6 Z06 7.0 liter.... damn!

Even with a Porsche Turbo - good God!

Whippled 2003 (and 2004 for that matter) 4.6 mustangs are total 11 second cars, especially on drag radials....

Wow, have fun with the car.......

Next up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, VIDEO or VIDEOs :)