PDA

View Full Version : Irmo / Columbia, SC

Gordon Freeman
03-30-2010, 03:55 AM
Looks like we値l be Irmo / Columbia, SC this coming weekend and I値l be looking for some top tier gasoline stations and a good coin operated car wash. Anyone have some info on these?

thanks

Ktlplxm
04-01-2010, 06:02 AM
Its only an hour away, but I never go to Columbia. Not sure of any board members down that way

matthewo
04-03-2010, 03:17 PM
i live in columbia, pm me if you like.

MANOFSTEEL69
04-03-2010, 04:19 PM
We might be moving to Charleston in the next month or so. Least I will have some guys to hang with. :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

polo
04-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Oh yeah, Jay? The wife and I drive down to Charleston quite often. Maybe we'll be able to meet up sometime.

MANOFSTEEL69
04-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Might be permanent or 3-6 months, not sure yet. All up in the air for now.

matthewo
04-03-2010, 05:38 PM
cool we should do a g8 meet for north and south carolina sometime this summer, i know there are about 80 members in the carolina sign in on the other forum. we could get a nice turn out

polo
04-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Sounds good, Matt!

OV5-G8OrgGT
04-04-2010, 04:50 AM
Sorry, have no info on anything up in Columbia.

MANOFSTEEL69, would you be looking for something near the beach, or an area with good schools? We have property taxes here, Charleston County is the highest, followed by Dorchester and then Berkeley. I am in Dorchester County and about 20 miles away from the coast and no need for flood insurance here.

MANOFSTEEL69
04-04-2010, 06:28 AM
Sorry, have no info on anything up in Columbia.

MANOFSTEEL69, would you be looking for something near the beach, or an area with good schools? We have property taxes here, Charleston County is the highest, followed by Dorchester and then Berkeley. I am in Dorchester County and about 20 miles away from the coast and no need for flood insurance here.

I wont know what our options are till they pick the team they are sending. I'm sure the perks my wife gets will depend on if she goes down as Project Engineer, or a Design Engineer. Supposedly the company will be providing the housing so I'm not sure how much that limits our choices, but we would want a good school system. As for property taxes, no biggie, lol, everything in Ohio is taxed, lol. Thanks for the help, though.