PDA

View Full Version : Vector Single Turbo Updates

Pages : [1] 2

Kirk@VectorMotorsports
03-29-2010, 07:19 PM
Here are a couple of pictues. We expect numbers just past the 2nd week in April.

Fit and finish look excellent.

Ended up using Tial Wastegate and BOV we want the best for you guys. We hope to still keep the price close to our $6000 number.

The new Turbonetics series turbos look like they were made for this application!

Turbo -

http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg470/vector_motorsports/Tubo1.jpg

Turbo w/o Blanket -

http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg470/vector_motorsports/Turbo3.jpg

Downpipe -

http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg470/vector_motorsports/TurboOutFixture.jpg

Crossover Pipe -

http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg470/vector_motorsports/TurboCrossover.jpg

Turkey Vulture dragging a dead Racoon across my steet yesterday -

http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg470/vector_motorsports/TV.jpg

vic2186
03-29-2010, 07:21 PM
There's no pics

vic2186
03-29-2010, 07:39 PM
Pls fix..it's blank I'm anxious lol

NIevo
03-29-2010, 07:42 PM
Lol...don't leave us hanging like this!

El.Diablos.G8
03-29-2010, 09:53 PM
Damn he left us hanging

GeorgeInNePa
03-30-2010, 01:01 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/GeorgeInNePa/Comedy/son_i_am_disappoint.gif

2StepsAhead
03-30-2010, 02:56 AM
This is too close to April 1st to be playing games lol.

Devilish34
03-30-2010, 03:03 AM
Here are a couple of pictues. We expect numbers just past the 2nd week in April.

Ended up using Tial wastegate and BOV. The best there is, and we hope to still keep the price close to our $6000 number.

The new Turbonetics series turbos look like they were made for this application!

Turbo -

Looks awesome

-Ray-
03-30-2010, 03:04 AM
I'll clean up this mess as soon as Kirk realizes he didn't posts the pics. LOL

vic2186
03-30-2010, 05:15 AM
Looks sick!!!and familiar

Kirk@VectorMotorsports
03-30-2010, 05:23 AM
I see them. Whats the problem?

G8GT594
03-30-2010, 05:26 AM
So number in about 2 weeks? This just threw a wrench into my plans now. DAMMIT! LOL!

mi04se1
03-30-2010, 05:30 AM
I like the last pic. got a good laugh out of me.

Kirk@VectorMotorsports
03-30-2010, 05:57 AM
I'll clean up this mess as soon as Kirk realizes he didn't posts the pics. LOL

I only have an air card for internet at my house, it kept timing out when I was trying to upload the pictures.

Thought I would leave the opening post with no pictures for fun. :)

DetroitSpeedJunkie
03-30-2010, 06:09 AM
Paul if you take the turbo, you can still send me the maggie lol

DetroitSpeedJunkie
03-30-2010, 06:13 AM
This might make me hold off on my current plans until i see those numbers...

jimmytt6
03-30-2010, 06:41 AM
Thanks Kirk for post update..looks good!!
Sure would look nice under my hood..change of plans probably..

99-LS1-SS
03-30-2010, 07:45 AM
Very nice Kirk! What numbers are you expecting or hoping for?

travis gore
03-30-2010, 07:52 AM
looks good Kirk,you still looking at a flash cable tune for this? We can still use old cable if we already have 1?

where did the window washer fill go?

MANOFSTEEL69
03-30-2010, 08:24 AM
:popcorn:

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

familycaronROIDS!
03-30-2010, 10:09 AM
Awsome. My predictions is it will make people go this route instead of the maggie. Good job VMS.

NIevo
03-30-2010, 11:12 AM
So just curious but what are the limits of that turbo? Also what all is going to be included in the kit? This looks like the route I might eventually go!

Kirk@VectorMotorsports
03-30-2010, 11:39 AM
Very nice Kirk! What numbers are you expecting or hoping for?

Hoping for 475 HP & 475 TQ on a stock motor.

looks good Kirk,you still looking at a flash cable tune for this? We can still use old cable if we already have 1?

where did the window washer fill go?

Yes, you could use your current cable. We had to remove it, the new one will now be on the right side of the engine next to the fuse box.

So just curious but what are the limits of that turbo? Also what all is going to be included in the kit? This looks like the route I might eventually go!

700 HP turbo. Will max out for highly modified cars at 575 HP to the tires. Everything you need will be included with the kit, including the tune.

NIevo
03-30-2010, 11:57 AM
Sounds good! Will you be offering turbo upgrades on the kits? Also how about future tunes as your mods change?

kevinm0131
03-30-2010, 12:02 PM
Kirk,
Will this kit work on a GXP?

y2kws6
03-30-2010, 12:53 PM
What kind of intercooler will the kit come with? I cant wait for this kit. I was going to do a Maggie but this has definitely stopped me in my tracks. Any chance to see more pics? :)

Kirk@VectorMotorsports
03-30-2010, 01:17 PM
Sounds good! Will you be offering turbo upgrades on the kits? Also how about future tunes as your mods change?

We will offer ball bearing and HP level tubo upgrades.

Kirk,
Will this kit work on a GXP?

I don't know why not.

What kind of intercooler will the kit come with? I cant wait for this kit. I was going to do a Maggie but this has definitely stopped me in my tracks. Any chance to see more pics? :)

It is an air/air bar and plate style intercooler. Looks just like the one used in the ProCharger G8 system.

SpeedRacerX
03-30-2010, 01:42 PM
This needs further testing and proving on MY donor G8. :devil:

jimmytt6
03-30-2010, 01:51 PM
Any plans on developing a custom cam for your Turbo kit Kirk?

Thanks,
Jim

vic2186
03-30-2010, 01:52 PM
What about fuel??boost a pump??60lb injectors?? Wastgate springs like 5 to 8 psi??does this kit only go To the flanges on the stok catback??will u see a increase over stock??

How will u dump the wastegate open or recirc

want to just put a guess on the part list so we can see what it comes with so far??

r33pwrd
03-30-2010, 02:33 PM
Stop asking questions and let him go finish the car! :)

El.Diablos.G8
03-30-2010, 04:07 PM
Stop asking questions and let him go finish the car! :)

Thank you I was thinking the samething. He said everything you would need will be in the kit. Just wait to see the details.

bwooten492
03-30-2010, 04:13 PM
That looks sweet. A single turbo might just be what I want. How big is the turbo?

Devilish34
03-30-2010, 04:15 PM
What about fuel??boost a pump??60lb injectors?? Wastgate springs like 5 to 8 psi??does this kit only go To the flanges on the stok catback??will u see a increase over stock??

want to just put a guess on the part list so we can see what it comes with so far??

it won't bolt up to the Camaro you are getting

vic2186
03-30-2010, 04:44 PM
it won't bolt up to the Camaro you are getting

I'm trying to fond out for your car!!

GeorgeInNePa
03-30-2010, 05:03 PM
I'm trying to fond out for your car!!

Don't worry about the fondue.

Kirk@VectorMotorsports
03-30-2010, 05:03 PM
Any plans on developing a custom cam for your Turbo kit Kirk?

Thanks,
Jim

On it already!

Slow down big guy!

62lb FAST direct fit injectors
PSI to be determined 5.5-7 lbs best guess
We will have to connect just behind the stock cat-back but will make it a clean easy connection.
Dumping the wastegate to the atmosphere makes your car sound like ass and is not legal. We will do it the right way.

BTW Camaro kit is next.

That looks sweet. A single turbo might just be what I want. How big is the turbo?

72mm

Kirk@VectorMotorsports
03-30-2010, 05:05 PM

Agreed.

STL_G8GT
03-30-2010, 07:55 PM
Classic.

y2kws6
03-31-2010, 06:50 AM
Cant wait to hear more about this kit!

SpeedRacerX
03-31-2010, 07:41 AM
We will have to connect just behind the stock cat-back but will make it a clean easy connection.

Wait. So we can keep our cats and it will work with the stock exhaust manifolds?
Also, when I put on my Kooks mid-length headers with high-flow cats that bolt to the catback, this will still work with that, right?

Sorry for the questions...gotta plan ahead.

dthornton8
03-31-2010, 09:32 AM
when I put on my Kooks mid-length headers with high-flow cats that bolt to the catback, this will still work with that, right?

Sorry for the questions...gotta plan ahead.

I think they said it has a custom header set and other aftermarket ones wont work with this system

jimmytt6
03-31-2010, 09:33 AM
Nope Speed can't use Kooks headers, the system will come with new exhaust manifolds for the turbo set up. I believe it will work with stock or after market cat-back systems.

SpeedRacerX
03-31-2010, 09:59 AM
I think they said it has a custom header set and other aftermarket ones wont work with this system

Nope Speed can't use Kooks headers, the system will come with new exhaust manifolds for the turbo set up. I believe it will work with stock or after market cat-back systems.

Got it now. It's been awhile from when it was first discussed. I think they mentioned offering a catted and not-catted version...I need cats in NJ.

Posidon42
04-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Some questions:
1 - anything other than the wastegate spring for setting the boost levels? My last turbo car achieved better results with a manual boost controller. I had an electronic controller too, but it proved far too finicky.
2 - Is the tune going to come in an HPTuners compatible form? I already invested in the HPT and would love to be able to tweak the tune myself and restore to stock if needed.
3 - Where are you sourcing and returning the oil? Any need for drilling or tapping the pan?
4 - Are you willing / able to sell the manifold and downpipe separately? I already have the oil lines, vacuum tubing and a several other parts from my last install and would rather not buy more.

Keep up the great work!!

Kirk@VectorMotorsports
04-06-2010, 05:47 AM
Some questions:
1 - anything other than the wastegate spring for setting the boost levels? My last turbo car achieved better results with a manual boost controller. I had an electronic controller too, but it proved far too finicky.
2 - Is the tune going to come in an HPTuners compatible form? I already invested in the HPT and would love to be able to tweak the tune myself and restore to stock if needed.
3 - Where are you sourcing and returning the oil? Any need for drilling or tapping the pan?
4 - Are you willing / able to sell the manifold and downpipe separately? I already have the oil lines, vacuum tubing and a several other parts from my last install and would rather not buy more.

Keep up the great work!!

1. We are using a Tial wastegate. You can attach any manual/electronic controller to it you want. From us it will be set up with the correct spring. Turbo, wastegate & BOV sizing should be correct to the engine so boost control should be excellent as it sits.
2. Yes. You can read it with HPTuners.
3. The oil pressure side comes from a plate above the oil filter. We will supply a drilled, tapped plate with the fitting installed. You just send us your old one back. The oil pan will need to be drilled and tapped for the return. It is removed easily from the engine and we will supply the correct drill and tap.
4. Not sure yet.

Posidon42
04-06-2010, 05:33 PM
Sounds good. Regarding question 2, I was hoping your tune would be provide in an HPT file. If not, hopefully you will sell a parts only kit so I can have it tuned locally. And on question 3, please use a threaded connection back to the oil pan. It makes it a lot easier if we want to close it off for upgrades or troubleshooting. Oil lines were always a pain to deal with.

bigwillys58
04-09-2010, 02:14 PM
im thinkin i need one of these...

Mike P
04-09-2010, 03:10 PM
im thinkin i need one of these...

You do, huh? lol

Let us know how you do at Stanton..... I just dropped my car off at Vector today, so I don't have nothing to race..... So enough though.... :)

SRG8
04-13-2010, 05:50 AM
Turbo kit looks great so far... any more updates?

Also, Kirk you have any plans to use a turbo that supports vband instead of the 4 bolt flange? I know it costs more but totally worth it. Any specs on the turbos that are going to be offered as an upgrade?

Posidon42
04-13-2010, 04:32 PM
Hopefully there is an oil and water cooled ball bearing turbo option as well.

Blown396
04-13-2010, 04:52 PM

Ended up using Tial Wastegate and BOV we want the best for you guys. We hope to still keep the price close to our $6000 number.

Turbo -

http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg470/vector_motorsports/Tubo1.jpg

Turbo w/o Blanket -

http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg470/vector_motorsports/Turbo3.jpg

Downpipe -

http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg470/vector_motorsports/TurboOutFixture.jpg

Crossover Pipe -

http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg470/vector_motorsports/TurboCrossover.jpg

Turkey Vulture dragging a dead Racoon across my steet yesterday -

http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg470/vector_motorsports/TV.jpg

Those straps from the valve cover to the turbo, are they there for mock up purposes or are they to support the turbo?

Thanks,

EB

Blackrider
04-13-2010, 08:05 PM

Also, Kirk you have any plans to use a turbo that supports vband instead of the 4 bolt flange? I know it costs more but totally worth it. Any specs on the turbos that are going to be offered as an upgrade?

Oh how I love V bands!

y2kws6
04-14-2010, 09:08 AM
Kirk,

I know you said that you were working on a cam as well as the kit. My question is would that cam have good driveability and be able to still use the stock converter? Also will you offer it as a cam only or with a dod delete package? Cant wait to see the numbers on this kit, I'm pretty much sold at this point.

Thanks

Tom

Kirk@VectorMotorsports
04-15-2010, 08:01 AM
Sounds good. Regarding question 2, I was hoping your tune would be provide in an HPT file. If not, hopefully you will sell a parts only kit so I can have it tuned locally. And on question 3, please use a threaded connection back to the oil pan. It makes it a lot easier if we want to close it off for upgrades or troubleshooting. Oil lines were always a pain to deal with.

We will program your ECM with the correct tune. You will be able to read it with HPT. You can also just buy the kit with no tune.
The oil fittings will be AN type, so you can easily use a AN cap.

All of the turbo options are 3" V-band on the turbine inlet/outlet. The base turbo is a 72mm .81 A/R 700 HP. We will offer 2 upgrades 76 & 78mm both with .96 A/R. The 76mm will support 750 HP and the 78mm 800 HP. All will have a ball bearing option.

Hopefully there is an oil and water cooled ball bearing turbo option as well.

See above. No water cooled option at this time.

Those straps from the valve cover to the turbo, are they there for mock up purposes or are they to support the turbo?

Thanks,

EB

There will be a support there. Just not cheap looking like the mock-up.

Kirk,

I know you said that you were working on a cam as well as the kit. My question is would that cam have good driveability and be able to still use the stock converter? Also will you offer it as a cam only or with a dod delete package? Cant wait to see the numbers on this kit, I'm pretty much sold at this point.

Thanks

Tom

Right now we have a DOD delete cam in mind. We are looking at a DOD cam also. They would both be very streetable with no converter change necessary.

Sorry for the long delay in answering, we are swamped over here.

Posidon42
04-15-2010, 03:15 PM
not as swamped as you will be when you start shipping this :) I volunteer to be a guinea pig for the first kit. My car is completely stock right now.

2ltrgsr
04-16-2010, 05:10 AM
sorry bud theres a line....

Posidon42
04-16-2010, 05:58 PM
yup... behind me :)

Kirk@VectorMotorsports
04-17-2010, 07:48 AM
Should be on the dyno next week.

Couple more pictures.

Off-Road Down Pipe -

http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg470/vector_motorsports/Vector%20Turbo/Off-RoadDownPipe.jpg

Drivers Side Header in Fixture -

http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg470/vector_motorsports/Vector%20Turbo/DriversSideHeaderinFixture.jpg

2ltrgsr
04-17-2010, 03:59 PM
man i cant wait..any pricing yet?

y2kws6
04-18-2010, 06:59 AM
Looks great Kirk. Would it be possible to have an o2 bung welded into the downpipe for a wideband or would there be a better location for it? I cant wait to see the numbers. :) I have a feeling you're going to have a hard time getting any rest once this kit hits the market. :)

Steve@Vectormotorsports
04-19-2010, 06:04 AM
Looks great Kirk. Would it be possible to have an o2 bung welded into the downpipe for a wideband or would there be a better location for it? I cant wait to see the numbers. :) I have a feeling you're going to have a hard time getting any rest once this kit hits the market. :)

When the kit is released there will more than likely be an O2 bung in the downpipe with a removable plug for monitoring/tuning

h34d
04-22-2010, 12:37 PM
Should be on the dyno next week.

It's next week.

We want dyno sheets!!!

:chemist::whipit:

bigwillys58
04-22-2010, 05:39 PM
kirk,

this is definately the route i wanna go however i gotta get my ducks in a row before i sign up on your list. questions tho... would it be possible to get the kit with just the flange and elbow from the down pipe so i can rig up my own exhaust? i already have hp tuners (and 2 credits left) but my ecm is locked so i would have to get another. not sure why i felt the need to mention that

thanks

jesse

Kirk@VectorMotorsports
04-23-2010, 04:52 AM
kirk,

this is definately the route i wanna go however i gotta get my ducks in a row before i sign up on your list. questions tho... would it be possible to get the kit with just the flange and elbow from the down pipe so i can rig up my own exhaust? i already have hp tuners (and 2 credits left) but my ecm is locked so i would have to get another. not sure why i felt the need to mention that

thanks

jesse

We could certainly work something out on the exhaust. I'm quite sure the fine guys at Livernois would unlock your ECM if you asked them to.

bigwillys58
04-23-2010, 07:15 AM
good deal. thanks kirk! and mgm gt is 100% correct on this...

jimmytt6
04-23-2010, 07:22 AM
So let me get this straight..If go to put this turbo kit on and obvisouly will need a tune from VMS my ECM is locked by Livernois guys cause I have there mail order tune?
Also how do fix it? Buy a new ECM?

MGM GT
04-23-2010, 07:38 AM
So let me get this straight..If go to put this turbo kit on and obvisouly will need a tune from VMS my ECM is locked by Livernois guys cause I have there mail order tune?
Also how do fix it? Buy a new ECM?

If you purchased their cable and saved your stock file before you loaded theirs then you should be able to load your stock file back in and be good to go for a new tune. The problem arises from those of us that had work done in person.

jimmytt6
04-23-2010, 07:55 AM
Ok thanks

y2kws6
04-28-2010, 06:52 AM
Bump for numbers..............;):thumbsup::headbang:

txg8gt08
05-05-2010, 10:25 AM
We could certainly work something out on the exhaust.

Kirk,

How about matching it up to the Solo High Flow Catted X Pipe and Solo Exhaust? Any modifications necessary? Thanks! Can't wait to see numbers!

Taylor

fastg8mi
05-05-2010, 01:49 PM
they posted a video of the turbo on youtube :)

Posidon42
05-05-2010, 02:52 PM
ok, now need something while driving or at least a dyno run. Good start though!

G8GT721
05-05-2010, 03:14 PM
the O2 bung can be that close?

y2kws6
05-05-2010, 03:43 PM
For those that dont feel like searching :)

Single (http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CObDB1zhaEo)

I cant wait to see the numbers on this kit. :)

Kirk@VectorMotorsports
05-05-2010, 04:50 PM
they posted a video of the turbo on youtube :)

How did you find it? Been swamped, finally getting to post some info.

the O2 bung can be that close?

Close to what?

-Ray-
05-05-2010, 04:53 PM
CObDB1zhaEo

SpeedRacerX
05-05-2010, 05:05 PM
Vid made me smile. Can't wait for more info...

fastg8mi
05-05-2010, 05:31 PM
I checked your youtube acc to see if my car was on there yet and saw this little vid :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

2ltrgsr
05-05-2010, 05:34 PM
chaff tape.....aviation secret

Kirk@VectorMotorsports
05-05-2010, 05:35 PM
That oil line is going to kill the paint on the strut tower...

Remember, this is the car direct from the fabricators. That line already is covered in a plastic loom.

2ltrgsr
05-05-2010, 05:36 PM
what spring is in the wastegate?

G8GT594
05-05-2010, 06:11 PM
Cool, Matt's car right?

MGM GT
05-05-2010, 06:21 PM
Remember, this is the car direct from the fabricators. That line already is covered in a plastic loom.

Your shop isn't the fabricator? Plastic loses against braided steel, it wears right through.

Kirk@VectorMotorsports
05-06-2010, 11:17 AM
what spring is in the wastegate?

6.5 lb to start.

Cool, Matt's car right?

Yes.

Your shop isn't the fabricator? Plastic loses against braided steel, it wears right through.

I spec'd the complete system out and supplied all of the parts. We had a performance fabrication company that we work with on a daily basis put all of the tubing together. Building headers and mandrel bending tubing is not something we do or want to do. I like to have that type of work done by people who only do that for a living.

I have been wrapping braided line in plastic on race & street cars for quite a few years with no issues.

Mike P
05-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Sweet! Has Matt taken the car to the dragstrip yet? I wanna see what this gets the 1/4 in.......

Matt
05-08-2010, 09:03 AM
Mike, the car screams down the track every night in my dreams, and as soon as I look for my time the damn alarm goes off!! lol. Seriously though as soon as Kirk is finished there will be 1/4 mile runs, Woodward runs, I94/ 696 runs you name it. I seen the kit (in person) for the first time last week and it is amazing to say the least. I am a perfectionist, good thing Kirk is too. It really shows with this kit. Its a must see!

Mike P
05-08-2010, 04:57 PM
Mike, the car screams down the track every night in my dreams, and as soon as I look for my time the damn alarm goes off!! lol. Seriously though as soon as Kirk is finished there will be 1/4 mile runs, Woodward runs, I94/ 696 runs you name it. I seen the kit (in person) for the first time last week and it is amazing to say the least. I am a perfectionist, good thing Kirk is too. It really shows with this kit. Its a must see!

Damn man! I wanna see how this single turbo run down the 1/4 mile. There was some dude with a single turbo 5.3 running 11.8's (this was at Stanton, MI - The Mid-Michigan Motorplex).......
It was a Silver ~ 2006 Monte Carlo silver........

2StepsAhead
05-11-2010, 04:31 AM
Anyone hear of any dyno numbers yet?

Kirk@VectorMotorsports
05-12-2010, 07:46 AM
We hope before the weekend. The drivers side O2 sensor was a little to close to the downpipe and was getting pretty hot.

We took the header off and tipped the O2 bung down a little. Since the downpipe looks finalized we are going to wrap it before putting it back on.

TY2185
05-26-2010, 08:56 AM
Updates?

dthornton8
05-26-2010, 06:56 PM
bump for updates

ulakovic22
05-27-2010, 10:18 AM
Car is running and made 400/400 with minimal tuning and fuel issues IIRC. They are looking to get it back on the dyno and make 500/500 after all the issues are taken care of. No timeframe given as they are really busy.

vic2186
05-27-2010, 03:16 PM
not to shabby

G8GT594
05-31-2010, 01:19 PM
Car is running and made 400/400 with minimal tuning and fuel issues IIRC. They are looking to get it back on the dyno and make 500/500 after all the issues are taken care of. No timeframe given as they are really busy.

Reliable source anyone?

Darkmanx
05-31-2010, 02:10 PM
Reliable source anyone?

op posted this on another forum last week.

G8GT594
05-31-2010, 02:14 PM
op posted this on another forum last week.

Ok, I usually only browse this board, Id like to see Matt hit that 500 mark.

Matt
06-01-2010, 02:32 PM
The car is ready to go back on the dyno. maybe its been on there already? Ihav'nt talked to them since Thursday. CMON 500!

mooredata
06-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Kirk, Will the time and skill to install be easier then a Maggie?

Fixed

Matt
06-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Im sure I can score an easy hundo on the way over so hell yea! That is gonna be the great thing about this car, everybody thinks it not fast until its to late. nobody new what these cars were when I bought my car in March 08 and everyone I raced was like Gdam what the hell is that thing after i walked there stang,caddy,bmw etc. so fun!

Matt
06-09-2010, 07:07 PM
I am pulling for you but get some dyno/driving vids. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

I will def get some good vids for everyone.

G8GT594
06-09-2010, 09:07 PM
Im sure I can score an easy hundo on the way over so hell yea! That is gonna be the great thing about this car, everybody thinks it not fast until its to late. nobody new what these cars were when I bought my car in March 08 and everyone I raced was like Gdam what the hell is that thing after i walked there stang,caddy,bmw etc. so fun!

Awesome, I know a lot of nice industrial drives we can have some fun on :)

Matt
06-10-2010, 02:45 PM
unofficial update: The car is together, oil line issue has been resolved, now the car isn't making the 7lbs of boost they want nor will it hold steady boost numbers due to exhaust stacking up before the turbo. car was on dyno and made 45xrwhp and 500 torque @ 5-6 lbs of boost. there is an issue with to much back pressure before the turbo, so as of 6/7 turbonetics has shipped a turbo that has different internals to hopefully resolve this problem. again, hopefully this will be the last bump in the road.

so the new turbo should be on the car, car on the dyno next week. hopefully by then kirk can give us the update that you all need.

Posidon42
06-10-2010, 03:40 PM
great info. Thanks for the update!

y2kws6
06-10-2010, 05:30 PM
unofficial update: The car is together, oil line issue has been resolved, now the car isn't making the 7lbs of boost they want nor will it hold steady boost numbers due to exhaust stacking up before the turbo. car was on dyno and made 45xrwhp and 500 torque @ 5-6 lbs of boost. there is an issue with to much back pressure before the turbo, so as of 6/7 turbonetics has shipped a turbo that has different internals to hopefully resolve this problem. again, hopefully this will be the last bump in the road.

so the new turbo should be on the car, car on the dyno next week. hopefully by then kirk can give us the update that you all need.

Cool Matt. My fingers are crossed for you. I for one plan to be in the first group of purchasers. Got the funds, just waiting for good news. :) Is your car completely stock?

Matt
06-10-2010, 06:09 PM
Cool Matt. My fingers are crossed for you. I for one plan to be in the first group of purchasers. Got the funds, just waiting for good news. :) Is your car completely stock?

Thanks! The good news is not far off now. they have def had there share of problems with this kit but they keep finding solutions and ways to make the kit better. I'm really glad they are determined to finish the kit because its so bad ass looking. My car WAS stock except for previous new era cai/tune from VMS, not any more though it has a turbo kit on it!!

travis gore
06-11-2010, 03:21 AM
I am sure once they get all the bugs worked out and Kirk is happy we will have all the info.better to wait and be right than to rush to the market with it.

ulakovic22
06-11-2010, 06:45 AM
This is with a 72mm turbo? What size is the DP and what's the AR on the housing, do you know?

2ltrgsr
06-11-2010, 10:46 AM
for a turbo that size ...3in or bigger

ulakovic22
06-11-2010, 10:53 AM
I agree it should be at least 3in and then y into the factory exhaust, which I think it does, but wanted to check since they are having pressure issues. I would think that the AR would be .68, but wanted to ask. It would be nice to know how they came to the conclusion that they have a back pressure issue.

Steve@Vectormotorsports
06-16-2010, 10:50 AM
The turbo we have been testing with is an hp-72. The down pipe is 3in and it does Y into the factory exhaust. The back pressure has clearly been an issue, knowing this we had turbonetics send us a .96 A/R exhaust housing. Doing this significantly helped our back pressure issues but didn't cure them. The kit is showing a very promising 550rwtq. number but with a less impressive 435rwhp, but keep in mind this is only testing with 7lbs of boost. Driving the car on the street feels very good seeing the up side to all that back pressure gives you virtually no lag, the down side being it lays over at around 5400 rpm. We believe the solution will be changing the head unit entirely so we can find the balance.

I sincerely apologize for our lack of updates.

vic2186
06-16-2010, 11:05 AM
Good stuff!!!

Darkmanx
06-16-2010, 12:01 PM
The turbo we have been testing with is an hp-72. The down pipe is 3in and it does Y into the factory exhaust. The back pressure has clearly been an issue, knowing this we had turbonetics send us a .96 A/R exhaust housing. Doing this significantly helped our back pressure issues but didn't cure them. The kit is showing a very promising 550rwtq. number but with a less impressive 435rwhp, but keep in mind this is only testing with 7lbs of boost. Driving the car on the street feels very good seeing the up side to all that back pressure gives you virtually no lag, the down side being it lays over at around 5400 rpm. We believe the solution will be changing the head unit entirely so we can find the balance.

I sincerely apologize for our lack of updates.

Thanks for the update, but with that being said will you still be offering another turbo for the kit you release or will you guys just still to the one that you get that work?

Steve@Vectormotorsports
06-16-2010, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the update, but with that being said will you still be offering another turbo for the kit you release or will you guys just still to the one that you get that work?

The plan as of now is to try anther housing, this one is a twin scroll 1.15 A/R

2ltrgsr
06-16-2010, 01:51 PM
well hopefully the back pressure issue can be resolved soon.

Thanks for the update steve:)

jaxredg8
06-16-2010, 03:06 PM
I still want one. Keep the updates coming!!

y2kws6
06-16-2010, 06:02 PM
Cant wait for this kit to be finished. I'm ready for boost :)

ulakovic22
06-16-2010, 06:59 PM
1.15 should definitely help out, P trim?

How much do you think the stock cam is hurting performance?

If this doesn't work are you going to step up to a T76, should be the same size I think.

Darkmanx
06-16-2010, 07:13 PM

If this doesn't work are you going to step up to a T76, should be the same size I think.

most companies dont usually develop kits on modified enngines, thats why there using a stock car. now if they where gonna envolve the cam in the package then thats a different story

Posidon42
06-16-2010, 08:29 PM
True. But then they would have to include a new diff, upgraded trans, and possibly a new set of tires for the "first time out" :) I can't even imagine what a beast this car can be with that much power.

Steve@Vectormotorsports
06-17-2010, 05:49 AM

Stock cam G8's with blowers @ 8 lbs typically lay down 440-450 range, I think without the parasitic loss of the blower the car has a 475+ number in it. So to answer your question I don't believe the camshaft to be a limiting factor at this point. As far as the compressor being a 72mm, once this kit is sorted out a 72mm will be big enough for a stock G8 and will offer some growing room to the 580rwhp range.

ulakovic22
06-17-2010, 06:03 AM
Stock cam G8's with blowers @ 8 lbs typically lay down 440-450 range, I think without the parasitic loss of the blower the car has a 475+ number in it. So to answer your question I don't believe the camshaft to be a limiting factor at this point. As far as the compressor being a 72mm, once this kit is sorted out a 72mm will be big enough for a stock G8 and will offer some growing room to the 580rwhp range.

I'm sure the car has A LOT more in it, I was wondering about the actual cam timing causing some of the issues with the back pressure. In my F-Body experience I've never seen as big an issue with it and most guys run something like a MPT70 or T76. I haven't checked out the HP72 before so I don't know anything about their turbine or compressor wheel sizing.

norm8332
07-02-2010, 03:28 PM
You can still get an SC!

It's A G8!
07-02-2010, 03:34 PM
What about the "CAM" that was stock converter friendly? Is that also discontinued?

Slizzo
07-02-2010, 05:12 PM
yeah i understand there busy and that should be a good thing this time of the year, but when you have people like me who have the money and are just waiting on your product , you could do a little better to try to cater to us or atleast update the damn thread you started. On the other board there is a bunch of complaints as well for simple stuff like not being able to post a simple video they promised. i just want updates as to whats going on , i can call but im sure ill forget all the questions plus i dont really like talking to strangers :/ wierd i guess.

You can't expect them to read all threads on all boards they belong to. That's why everyone says call them. It's a sure-fire way to actually talk to someone and get some info.

GeorgeInNePa
07-02-2010, 05:16 PM
Well, they did start this thread to advertise a VMS turbo kit for the G8.

It's not asking too much to have them update their own thread.

Darkmanx
07-02-2010, 05:40 PM
Well, they did start this thread to advertise a VMS turbo kit for the G8.

It's not asking too much to have them update their own thread.
Thank you. They started the thread!!

20lbbooster
07-02-2010, 06:33 PM
I'm sure VMS is a reputable company and all but this just shows me that their overall knowledge of turbochargers and turbo systems is lacking. First they had fitment issues because they didn't their own fabrication and now they are having issues because they used a turbo that's too small. The TC76 or Tc78 would have been the better choice. These turbos have been getting it done on f-bodys for years. For 6-7k I'm looking for more than 430whp when the previous kits that are/were out made considerably more power.

Sorry for sounding like a hater but since March we haven't seen any good results out of this kit. I can see having issues but were talking 4-5 months now. Hopefully they figure it out and get a decent kit out.

NYG8GT
07-03-2010, 09:34 AM
Darkmanx, something tells me you are the minority and not the majority when it comes to having that kind of money to spend on a turbo kit, so I doubt there is a huge enough market for Kirk to really get this kit up and going. When this thing is all said and done, he might sell what, 2 dozen kits at most? Hell even that might be a very generous number.

If I were you, since you have the money and you're just waiting, is find someone who can piece together a custom kit for you. It would probably involve a bit of downtime, but I'm sure it'd be worth it. I dont know if you have anyone local down there, but there is a guy up here who I know for a fact could do it. I just dont have the 6 grand to toss his way to get it done lol.

G8GT721
07-03-2010, 09:48 AM
Darkmanx, something tells me you are the minority and not the majority when it comes to having that kind of money to spend on a turbo kit, so I doubt there is a huge enough market for Kirk to really get this kit up and going. When this thing is all said and done, he might sell what, 2 dozen kits at most? Hell even that might be a very generous number.

Wow i agree with you on something. They can't believe anyone who says they have the money until its in there hand. And I'm sure the G8 is on the back burner because of the camaros an stangs which are huge markets now

Darkmanx
07-03-2010, 10:25 AM
Maybe you are right .Oh well

NYG8GT
07-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Wow i agree with you on something

God I love when someone who never thinks they'll agree with me on anything says that :p

Boostpatrol
07-03-2010, 11:20 AM

My stock cammed twin turbo L76 made 616whp 649 wtq on 91 pump at 10 psi with a .43 AR and dual 2.5" exhaust...

SpeedRacerX
07-05-2010, 06:43 PM
You can't expect them to read all threads on all boards they belong to. That's why everyone says call them. It's a sure-fire way to actually talk to someone and get some info.

Easier said than done, my friend. I have managed to get in excess of 100-200 vendors of stuff on the phone in the last year - EXCEPT for VMS. They don't answer the phone and they don't return messages - mine anyway. People can debate this all you want as to who got through to them, who didn't. I'm a persistent MF'r when I want to get details that lead to me parting with my hard-earned cash but for some reason, Vector won't let me spend it with them. The only reason I have their HSRKit is because I could order it off their website after reviews from many of you here - I didn't need to speak to anyone for that.

norm8332
07-06-2010, 04:57 AM
It seems that the G8 is being all but abandoned by some vendors as we had predicted. Not enough of them made. It looks like one-offs will be the norm very soon.

Darkmanx
07-06-2010, 05:40 AM
I would think it's smarter to be one of the few vendors for a car with limited production than competing with a car that has a ton of aftermarket support and 1000s of vendors Like the camaro.

norm8332
07-06-2010, 05:54 AM
You can also look as as they are taking a small slice out of a very large pie. Mmm Pie...

SpeedRacerX
07-06-2010, 06:21 AM
Spend that money! Time to Git-R-done and go fast!

I hear ya! I got the mod bug again this weekend after being challenged by my cousin and his '67 440 Dodge Coronet with 575hp at the motor.
I'm beginning to plan my next round of ass-whooping-preparation.

G8GT594
07-06-2010, 06:30 AM
I hear ya! I got the mod bug again this weekend after being challenged by my cousin and his '67 440 Dodge Coronet with 575hp at the motor.

Hopefully it's not this turbo. Ever think of why they do not update this thread?

SpeedRacerX
07-06-2010, 09:01 AM
Hopefully it's not this turbo. Ever think of why they do not update this thread?

Probably not this turbo. As far as this thread and your question, I grew up in a family manufacturing business (machine shop) that did all custom work - 60 employees. We even brought our own products to market for business and consumer/recreational industries so I know how challenging it can be to be in VMS's shoes. What I have no tolerance for is misguided expectations or lack of communication - unless some emergency situation has occured that prevents normal communication. Sometimes no one even means to do it in bad way; stuff just happens. But...it's their "show" so there's nothing more I can say about it.

NYG8GT
07-06-2010, 06:51 PM

Lol yeah good luck with that.

GeorgeInNePa
07-07-2010, 05:41 AM
Look into the Fastlane kit if you don't want something that you can bolt together in your garage. My understanding is that with a little tweaking the Fastlane kit will transfer over from a Camaro.

There are several options for the Camaro that could probably be made to work.

Check the Camaro forums for more details.

ulakovic22
07-07-2010, 06:24 AM
That is where I hang out most, but I try to stay with the top mount kits so I don't have to mess with adapters and pumps. There are several APS style Camaro kits out there already. Im excited about a Whipple possibility for our cars though.

Darkmanx
07-07-2010, 06:25 AM
yeah only REAson i was interested in the kit was because it was top mount.they should sell the piping and let you fit your own turbo because they seem lost. customers car who they are using must be pissed, kit was suppose to be dont in april.

jimmytt6
07-07-2010, 06:27 AM
At a local car cruise last weekend I met a guy with a Challenger SRT8 and he just put on the Kenny Bell 2.8 supercharger..damn thing was nice. I read in Super Chevy were they just put one on a new Camaro and made 550 RWHP..wonder how hard would be to transfer Camaro setup to ours...love have the Kenny Bell system on our G8's.. I believe out front serptine belt system different from Camaros??

SpeedRacerX
07-07-2010, 08:10 AM
Guys, this was Vector's thread so you might want to create a separate thread called something like "All Possible FI Options Sharing/Brain Storming Thread" where we can hash out all the possible Turbo and SC options out there and what from the Camaro or LS2 Vette or GTO, etc might work for us - there's plenty out there if you have the time, guts, and money.

This thread should be kept to Vector IMO.

GeorgeInNePa
07-07-2010, 08:52 AM
That is where I hang out most, but I try to stay with the top mount kits so I don't have to mess with adapters and pumps. There are several APS style Camaro kits out there already. Im excited about a Whipple possibility for our cars though.

yeah only REAson i was interested in the kit was because it was top mount.they should sell the piping and let you fit your own turbo because they seem lost. customers car who they are using must be pissed, kit was suppose to be dont in april.

There are at least two shops offering single top mount turbo kits for the Camaro. One is Victory, I can't remember the other without looking.

ulakovic22
07-07-2010, 09:21 AM
There are at least two shops offering single top mount turbo kits for the Camaro. One is Victory, I can't remember the other without looking.

Fastlane, Victory, and Turbonetics are the ones I can remember that are top mounts. Hellion, IPS, Granatelli, etc are all APS style.

Matt
07-07-2010, 01:07 PM
I know this has been said a million times but the kit is almost done.

There is alot more involved than most people think. Yea it could of been done a couple months ago but it wasn't. Kirk really wants this to be the best performing kit out there. Vms has tried a bunch of dif turbos, housings etc to find the best performing combo for everyone that why it took so long.

Yea it hasn't been easy going without my car since March 1st but now that I see the kit and its making huge power I am relaxed. Im sure when final power numbers are announced everyone will see that it was worth the wait, just as I have.

kevinm0131
07-07-2010, 03:39 PM
Bravo! If the man whose car it's being developed on is happy, it must be good!
Kevin

ulakovic22
07-07-2010, 04:01 PM

There is alot more involved than most people think. Yea it could of been done a couple months ago but it wasn't. Kirk really wants this to be the best performing kit out there. Vms has tried a bunch of dif turbos, housings etc to find the best performing combo for everyone that why it took so long.

Yea it hasn't been easy going without my car since March 1st but now that I see the kit and its making huge power I am relaxed. Im sure when final power numbers are announced everyone will see that it was worth the wait, just as I have.

Did they push the envelope with your car at all or did they stop when they reached their goal? I'm thinking with a 76/78 they could push the stock internals to 650-700 on race gas just to see what the potential is. I would be scared of the DOD though.

1SVELTEPony
07-08-2010, 07:41 AM

Good grief reading this thread has had its ups and downs! Thats going on four months! Did they tell you when your car would be completed?

Also a $6k price was hinted earlier.. is that still a reality?

You mention huge power? Wanna give us details?

Thanks for being the guinea pig!

Steve@Vectormotorsports
07-08-2010, 09:44 AM
My stock cammed twin turbo L76 made 616whp 649 wtq on 91 pump at 10 psi with a .43 AR and dual 2.5" exhaust...

So let me get this straight, You made 616rwhp and 649rwtq on a stock cammed, stock displaced L76? And as I'm sure we all know there are many differences in turbo sizing from a single turbo kit to a twin turbo kit. If you really did make these numbers with a completely L76 my hats off to you, but ill tell you we have had F bodies make 550 rwhp on our dyno run bottom 9's @3200 lbs race weight, so your G8 should have no problems running a very healthy E.T BTW what was your MPH with this 600+ rwhp car?

Our test car has already made the typical Maggie w/ headers number that we see here in house at the same boost level, but why would we release a kit that will perform just like something else? Our goals are to surpass the Maggie numbers with better results or there would be no point.

Mier
07-08-2010, 10:04 AM
I'm still interested in this kit and any new form of FI for the G8. I will point out the House of Boost G8 did 638 hp at 14 PSI. Check youtube for the video of it.

Darkmanx
07-08-2010, 10:23 AM
So let me get this straight, You made 616rwhp and 649rwtq on a stock cammed, stock displaced L76? And as I'm sure we all know there are many differences in turbo sizing from a single turbo kit to a twin turbo kit. If you really did make these numbers with a completely L76 my hats off to you, but ill tell you we have had F bodies make 550 rwhp on our dyno run bottom 9's @3200 lbs race weight, so your G8 should have no problems running a very healthy E.T BTW what was your MPH with this 600+ rwhp car?

Our test car has already made the typical Maggie w/ headers number that we see here in house at the same boost level, but why would we release a kit that will perform just like something else? Our goals are to surpass the Maggie numbers with better results or there would be no point.
What number is that 440/600 tq? If that's the number then I would hope you guys would try to rework it to give closer numbers 500/500 or something like that. I'm still waiting on some real info on the kit, price , parts, options, what exhaust will or work with. hopefully it comes out sooner than later .

ulakovic22
07-08-2010, 11:05 AM
Stock Maggie is like 475ish and they have said all along that 500/500 would be their starting goal. It's a single front mount turbo so no headers of any kind will work and they made it to y into the factory exhaust. Any aftermarket catback should work. This kit is made to work on a completely stock G8 so I imagine they will offer tune/injectors/BAP and upgraded turbo as options if you want. Im guessing though that with a 6.0L L92 head they have had to step up to a 76/78 turbo to feed it properly so an "upgraded" turbo will probably not be needed and if for some reason you do need one you might run into physical size restraints.

Posidon42
07-08-2010, 05:44 PM
The HOB turbo kits are vaporware as far as I am concerned. They never produced the kit for consumers and the variable vane turbos were at least $4k more expensive than what this kit is talking about. Also, as others have said, if you get much past 500 rwhp, you need to start planning for trans/diff/other stuff to break. Yes, bench racing with numbers sounds impressive but I want usable power. That's why I keep following this thread.

Steve@Vectormotorsports
07-09-2010, 11:06 AM
Stock Maggie is like 475ish and they have said all along that 500/500 would be their starting goal. It's a single front mount turbo so no headers of any kind will work and they made it to y into the factory exhaust. Any aftermarket catback should work. This kit is made to work on a completely stock G8 so I imagine they will offer tune/injectors/BAP and upgraded turbo as options if you want. Im guessing though that with a 6.0L L92 head they have had to step up to a 76/78 turbo to feed it properly so an "upgraded" turbo will probably not be needed and if for some reason you do need one you might run into physical size restraints.

A stock maggie with headers makes 440ish power on our dyno, the package will be an all inclusive kit. As far as bigger 76 and 78's we dont feel at this time that is needed we still have backpressure issues, after those are cured then the compressor side will be able to do what it needs. The test car went back for fabrication of a new down pipe along with another different exhaust housing today we expect to run the car with the new housing very soon.

Darkmanx
07-09-2010, 12:27 PM
A stock maggie with headers makes 440ish power on our dyno, the package will be an all inclusive kit. As far as bigger 76 and 78's we dont feel at this time that is needed we still have backpressure issues, after those are cured then the compressor side will be able to do what it needs. The test car went back for fabrication of a new down pipe along with another different exhaust housing today we expect to run the car with the new housing very soon.

are you guys still aiming for the same price range?and your replacing the dp to try to cure the backpressure issue?

ulakovic22
07-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Just the DP, nothing new on the header design? I thought all your pressure was coming before the turbine?

Boostpatrol
07-09-2010, 06:26 PM

Sorry.. havent been following this thread much since my post... yes we made 616whp 649 whp on stock motor.. dod shut off in the computer ... only mod i had was a fuel system and a converter.. The person working on my car is the only beta tester in canada for EFI live.. he actually just made 700whp on a stock LS3 with a procharger in a 67 nova with an E67 computer.. which is not made for boost... long story short... EFI live just spent a full night making an E67 computer file that can be simply put overtop of the stock file for this type of project so that more ppl can do the same things on a stock ecu... btw, 700whp was prior to EFI live making changes. There is also a reason he can make 625whp on a stock internal LS7 with only exhaust, intake upgrade. I rode in this zo6 and saw dyno sheet aswell. Looking forward to seeing how your kit does... i know how long this stuff takes.. my car took all winter and is now under the knife again.

Darkmanx
07-09-2010, 07:34 PM
its proven, canadian dynos read 100whp more than american dynos.

-Ray-
07-10-2010, 02:38 AM
Sorry.. havent been following this thread much since my post... yes we made 616whp 649 whp on stock motor.. dod shut off in the computer ... only mod i had was a fuel system and a converter.. The person working on my car is the only beta tester in canada for EFI live.. he actually just made 700whp on a stock LS3 with a procharger in a 67 nova with an E67 computer.. which is not made for boost... long story short... EFI live just spent a full night making an E67 computer file that can be simply put overtop of the stock file for this type of project so that more ppl can do the same things on a stock ecu... btw, 700whp was prior to EFI live making changes. There is also a reason he can make 625whp on a stock internal LS7 with only exhaust, intake upgrade. I rode in this zo6 and saw dyno sheet aswell. Looking forward to seeing how your kit does... i know how long this stuff takes.. my car took all winter and is now under the knife again.

Lets see your car.

travis gore
07-10-2010, 04:35 AM
Lets see your car.

:watch:

Boostpatrol
07-10-2010, 09:27 AM
go to www.wallsrodcustom.com and look at the pics of the car... i am also uploading two dyno vids to photobucket now so that u can see my car on the dyno. You will see that we had some fun with pinstriping and cardboard that night lol.... The pics and vids are of the stock setup mwith a fuel system and a coan converter.

Boostpatrol
07-10-2010, 09:30 AM
its proven, canadian dynos read 100whp more than american dynos.

BTW, mustang dynos read low.. this dyno reads lower than most. And if you are serious and think you can make power being cheap.... you cant, or it will blow up or not work. I too at one time thought i could get by cheap... its either lay down the power and pay or dont make power at all cause it will blow up.

-Ray-
07-10-2010, 03:29 PM
I looked at the site but only saw a mustang and a drag car.
What are you driving?

SpeedRacerX
07-10-2010, 03:31 PM
I looked at the site but only saw a mustang and a drag car.
What are you driving?

It's on there Ray. Look under "photo gallery", "shop projects", "twin turbo G8."

ulakovic22
07-10-2010, 03:39 PM
I believe Boost Patrol bought the first STS G8 that everyone on the other site was bashing all the time saying something was wrong with it because he sold it not too long after getting all the work done.

SpeedRacerX
07-10-2010, 03:42 PM
I believe Boost Patrol bought the first STS G8 that everyone on the other site was bashing all the time saying something was wrong with it because he sold it not too long after getting all the work done.

No. That was Mystic??? that had the first one and then sold it. Boost Patrol's is an ongoing project if I'm not mistaken.

Boostpatrol
07-10-2010, 05:49 PM
I have the second STS kit, but with the upgraded turbos.. mystics had the stock 38mm turbos.. mine are 62 and ballbearing. One dyno vid is uploaded to photobucket but i cant seem to link it to here. any ideas why its not workin?

On the topic of how my car made the numbers it did with stock engine.. since efi live contacted GM about the E67 interface ecu that he was tuning on the 67 nova and found out that "Brian" aka owner of Walls rod and custom... is so deep into the ECU and waaaay ahead of the normal engine tuners that Greg Bannish... the head of GM ECU dept and the writer/creator of everything they make called brian today inviting he and 4 others from around the world to GM headquarters where the 5 Einsteins will brain storm and also learn how to overwrite/rewrite ECUs to stock where noone can tell it has ever been modified.. ie.. no seed or anything. pretty crazy shit if u ask me..

Boostpatrol
07-10-2010, 05:52 PM
Yes.. mine is an ongoing project.. pain in the ass, but will be worth it once its all done.. just ordered the Magnafuel pump, fuel cell, and a trans cooler, camaro dif with 373 gears.. Completion to running and track runs is to be the 29th, its gonna be busy to get it done.. 50 hrs of fuel system and tuning is required.

norm8332
07-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Yes.. mine is an ongoing project.. pain in the ass, but will be worth it once its all done.. just ordered the Magnafuel pump, fuel cell, and a trans cooler, camaro dif with 373 gears.. Completion to running and track runs is to be the 29th, its gonna be busy to get it done.. 50 hrs of fuel system and tuning is required.

That is great. Please start a thread and keep us updated! I for 1 can't wait to see how it runs, get video!

Boostpatrol
07-10-2010, 06:56 PM
ok, thanks norm.. i started a thread over in dyno/tuning for my car.

ulakovic22
07-10-2010, 08:03 PM
No. That was Mystic??? that had the first one and then sold it. Boost Patrol's is an ongoing project if I'm not mistaken.

That's right, Mystic's car, I thought he bought it. I realize now they are two different cars, thanks.

Steve@Vectormotorsports
07-15-2010, 07:04 AM
OK guys another update. Where ditching the turbonetics turbo and going with a Garret. We have been seeing 450rwhp and 475rwtq but Kirk and I wont be happy until we breach 500rwtq. and 475rwhp. The new turbo will be a Garret 4294w/gt40 compressor cover. The price for the kit was projected to be around 6000-6500 range and that hasn't changed. Where thinking in the next few weeks we will have dyno numbers as well as track results. Thanks for following along

Darkmanx
07-15-2010, 09:15 AM
What boost levels are you guys testing at

jimmytt6
07-15-2010, 09:21 AM
Thanks for update Steve...

OK guys another update. Where ditching the turbonetics turbo and going with a Garret. We have been seeing 450rwhp and 475rwtq but Kirk and I wont be happy until we breach 500rwtq. and 475rwhp. The new turbo will be a Garret 4294w/gt40 compressor cover. The price for the kit was projected to be around 6000-6500 range and that hasn't changed. Where thinking in the next few weeks we will have dyno numbers as well as track results. Thanks for following along

Bonnetts02Vette
07-15-2010, 12:23 PM
if its a backpressure problem, could it be different backpressure from each manifold since one manifold is short since its the turbo manifold and the other manifold is normal but still has to go through the crossover pipe along the back of the engine. im wondering if the backpressure issue is the manifold and crossover pipe and not the turbos. Just a thought cuz i know Hinson Supercars ran into that problem on their single turbo kit for the vette. Just an idea that i didnt see anyone mention.

20lbbooster
07-15-2010, 08:23 PM
I'm not suprised to see the switch from turbonetics to Garret. I would have started there.

travis gore
07-16-2010, 01:40 AM
go to www.wallsrodcustom.com and look at the pics of the car... i am also uploading two dyno vids to photobucket now so that u can see my car on the dyno. You will see that we had some fun with pinstriping and cardboard that night lol.... The pics and vids are of the stock setup mwith a fuel system and a coan converter.

I found it. very nice. I sent you a pm. Have you started a thread for your build?

Darkmanx
07-30-2010, 05:32 PM
You guys gonna pushh the car with the new turbo? or just get to 500 and stop

pha|anx
08-06-2010, 04:01 AM
almost a week, any updates? :brock:

Darkmanx
08-06-2010, 06:40 AM
almost a week, any updates? :brock:

you mean almost 3 weeks.

G8GT594
08-06-2010, 07:12 AM
Were on 6 months now i think since the car got into the shop. I don't even have any intentions on even racing Matt. Infact, I can't believe Matt still is letting them keep the car. It doesn't take that long to fab a kit up. Ask the turbo cobra and turbo camaro owners.

El.Diablos.G8
08-06-2010, 07:40 AM
Six months that turbo kit better be free for him.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Slizzo
08-06-2010, 07:42 AM
Were on 6 months now i think since the car got into the shop. I don't even have any intentions on even racing Matt. Infact, I can't believe Matt still is letting them keep the car. It doesn't take that long to fab a kit up. Ask the turbo cobra and turbo camaro owners.

There's a lot more Mustangs and Camaros on the road. It's all been done before on that platform.

This is a brand new design, on a rare car, and VMS has plenty of other projects at the current moment as well. Also, I'm sure Matt is getting much more frequent updates than are posted here on the forum.

Darkmanx
08-06-2010, 07:46 AM
When the mustang and camaro kits came out they wernt that many on the road. i have only seen 1 5.0 on the road and fast lane made one in about a month.

G8GT594
08-06-2010, 08:51 AM
There's a lot more Mustangs and Camaros on the road. It's all been done before on that platform.

This is a brand new design, on a rare car, and VMS has plenty of other projects at the current moment as well. Also, I'm sure Matt is getting much more frequent updates than are posted here on the forum.

Obviously what i said went right over your head. This is not a rare car, this is not a brand new design. This kit should have been out months ago. Of course they have other projects going on, what shop doesn't? I don't think your getting the idea. They have had the car for 6 months, developed a kit for it MONTHS ago and the car is still not running. I will say it again. It does not take 6+ months to fab up a turbo kit for this car. Especially when i had a friend working on a turbo setup for mine before i went the maggie route. I apologize for being the one of the few that doesn't ride vectors nuts and stick up for them the constantly. I call it how i see it.

Steve@Vectormotorsports
08-06-2010, 10:10 AM
Obviously what i said went right over your head. This is not a rare car, this is not a brand new design. This kit should have been out months ago. Of course they have other projects going on, what shop doesn't? I don't think your getting the idea. They have had the car for 6 months, developed a kit for it MONTHS ago and the car is still not running. I will say it again. It does not take 6+ months to fab up a turbo kit for this car. Especially when i had a friend working on a turbo setup for mine before i went the maggie route. I apologize for being the one of the few that doesn't ride vectors nuts and stick up for them the constantly. I call it how i see it.

Not like Matt's car is really any of your business and I see you in this thread quite a bit so I'm gonna respond here. We have offered to give Matt his car back with one of our cam kits and use another G8 to finish proving out our kit, Matt wants the turbo kit. Maybe you don't understand what it takes to see a project through till the end? seeing you and a friend attempted to build your own and failed. Fab work is barley the start. I believe we have many customers who are more than satisfied with our service and products, I dont think that makes them nut huggers.

G8GT594
08-06-2010, 10:19 AM
Not like Matt's car is really any of your business and I see you in this thread quite a bit so I'm gonna respond here. We have offered to give Matt his car back with one of our cam kits and use another G8 to finish proving out our kit, Matt wants the turbo kit. Maybe you don't understand what it takes to see a project through till the end? seeing you and a friend attempted to build your own and failed. Fab work is barley the start. I believe we have many customers who are more than satisfied with our service and products, I dont think that makes them nut huggers.

Want to know something funny? Is we didn't fail ;) And that can mean a lot of things. I decided to go with a roots style system instead. Matt made it my business when he started talking shit about me WAY before i knew who he was or you guys were building a turbo G8 and that it was even Matt's car. So please, don't speak on something you know nothing about it. Steve, I don't really want to get in it with you, if you would like to take this to PM that would be more appropriate.

GeorgeInNePa
08-06-2010, 11:34 AM

No, but you do defend Livernois whenever they are mentioned negatively. ;)

Just what I see.

Disclaimer---I currently use neither shop...

G8GT594
08-06-2010, 11:50 AM
No, but you do defend Livernois whenever they are mentioned negatively. ;)

Just what I see.

Disclaimer---I currently use neither shop...

True. And i back them up, with a car that runs. It's no different than what's going on in this thread. But i'll stop. Looks like Matt and I will ending up racing next year :rolleyes:

Darkmanx
08-06-2010, 01:35 PM
I hope the kits comes out before the world ends in 2 years.

Posidon42
08-06-2010, 02:36 PM
Man, I if I ever decide to offer a performance part for a car community, there is no way I am talking about it before it is actually on the shelves. Some of you guys are rough! As for VMS, keep up the good work, some of us are patiently saving our nickels for when this comes out. And I am sure it will be worth the wait.

G8GT594
08-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Man, I if I ever decide to offer a performance part for a car community, there is no way I am talking about it before it is actually on the shelves. Some of you guys are rough! As for VMS, keep up the good work, some of us are patiently saving our nickels for when this comes out. And I am sure it will be worth the wait.

This is not always the case. Again, I believe this stems from the lack of updating and how long it's actually taking for them to get this car running. It's been more then enough time. I wish them luck though and want Matt to get his car back, for obvious reasons lol.

travis gore
08-06-2010, 02:50 PM
is it better to rush a project,or make sure it is right?

How many of you in this thread really want the VMS turbo?

jaxredg8
08-06-2010, 05:13 PM
I guess I'll just say I would like an update when its available. And now exit stage left.....

y2kws6
08-07-2010, 05:19 PM
People have tried to call for an update and had trouble getting info probably because they are busy. It would be nice if they could do a weekly update or something just for those of us that are interested in the kit so it keeps the frustration level down a bit.

Steve@Vectormotorsports
08-09-2010, 05:44 AM
Want to know something funny? Is we didn't fail ;) And that can mean a lot of things. I decided to go with a roots style system instead. Matt made it my business when he started talking shit about me WAY before i knew who he was or you guys were building a turbo G8 and that it was even Matt's car. So please, don't speak on something you know nothing about it. Steve, I don't really want to get in it with you, if you would like to take this to PM that would be more appropriate.

I don't really care about the drama between you and Matt, my question is why do you have to hack on us and call our loyal customers nut huggers? after all people say the same about you. But none of that really matters what I cant understand is if you have no interest in the kit why come in here at all? Why take it to PM? you come in here talking bad about us now you wanna take it to PM? If its a race your looking for I'll galdy find you a suitable replacement until matts car is done.:)

GRRRR8
08-09-2010, 06:36 AM
OK guys, this is a Vector Motorsports thread. If you are not interested in or wanting info about a single turbo kit they offer then please pay them the respect and not post here.

Competition is fun, shit talking is fun. I have found shit talking is just that. :)

G8GT594
08-09-2010, 07:35 AM
I don't really care about the drama between you and Matt, my question is why do you have to hack on us and call our loyal customers nut huggers? after all people say the same about you. But none of that really matters what I cant understand is if you have no interest in the kit why come in here at all? Why take it to PM? you come in here talking bad about us now you wanna take it to PM? If its a race your looking for I'll galdy find you a suitable replacement until matts car is done.:)

You want the simple answer Steve? Because I can. It's called a public forum. I'm not hacking you or your loyal customers. I'm telling you if you want people to be interested in your kit keep your thread updated. It's simple as that. I get more info from Adam, and actually got word from him final power numbers on Matt's car the other day. If its true or not, I don't know. Nor will i post what I heard just incase it is indeed true. Looking for a race? I could honestly give a fuck. But if you want to bring a car out, I can grab one as well ;)

-Ray-
08-09-2010, 01:42 PM
Ok, I'm going to start cleaning this thread of posts not related to Vector's proposed turbo kit. I've held off a long time from doing this.

hflores3
08-09-2010, 02:06 PM
You want the simple answer Steve? Because I can. It's called a public forum.

Actually, it's a "moderated" forum....in which case Mr. G8 Ray can excercise his forum privilege. Thanks for the cleanup G8 Ray!

-Ray-
08-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Thread cleaned. Next step will be to move it to vector's forum

Matt
08-09-2010, 06:07 PM

Paul, talking shit about you are you serious?

Info from adam? LOL!

As soon as I get the car back I will put an end to all this madness. No, it wont be next year either lol.

G8GT594
08-09-2010, 08:28 PM
Paul, talking shit about you are you serious?

Info from adam? LOL!

As soon as I get the car back I will put an end to all this madness. No, it wont be next year either lol.

That was the word on the street. This was about 2 months ago. I didn't even know who you were or your car. I was like, "Um who is this Matt again and why is talking shit about me?"

Yes, from Adam, However, I know he is not to be the most trusted person since he talks so much shit. That is why I said I won't say dyno numbers or anything. Because I don't know if they are true, Nor do I go around talking about other peoples cars.

And just to clear this up so everyone knows, I have nothing against Matt or his car. Infact, I would like to see it out running ASAP. What would be ironic is mine is back in the shop and might be there for a while, and you'll be out running around lol.

Steve@Vectormotorsports
08-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Update! testing was done with the garret turbo, all I can say is now where talking! Were currently building a free flowing crossover, the old one doesn't really meet our standards.

TY2185
08-10-2010, 12:41 PM
Finally...Thanks for the update.

y2kws6
08-10-2010, 01:34 PM
So whats a realistic date for completion?

Darkmanx
08-10-2010, 04:19 PM
x2 on realalistic date and when can we start talking options and prices etc etc

2StepsAhead
08-10-2010, 04:52 PM
x3 lol, so itching to buy a maggie but everytime I get close I see an update in this thread.

Posidon42
08-10-2010, 04:56 PM
So whats a realistic date for completion?

When it's done :D Here's to hoping for a functional prototype at the G8 meet next week!!

Darkmanx
08-10-2010, 05:17 PM
yeah after the bs thats been going on i was itch too and the deal that haddad was giving . i told myself im givng this until the end of the month since i wanted a single since i got the car its looking good . crosses fingers''

G8GT594
08-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Update! testing was done with the garret turbo, all I can say is now where talking! Were currently building a free flowing crossover, the old one doesn't really meet our standards.

Good! Glad to see you guys are one step closer to getting the car on the road!

jaxredg8
08-11-2010, 01:56 PM
Looking more and more like I know where my tax check is going...

y2kws6
08-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Preliminary numbers as it sits now ? Just so we have an idea. :) Cant wait to put a snail on the G8. :)

Darkmanx
08-12-2010, 06:10 PM
polished piping or bare aluminum?

Steve@Vectormotorsports
08-13-2010, 12:06 PM
Preliminary numbers as it sits now ? Just so we have an idea. :) Cant wait to put a snail on the G8. :)

7 lbs of boost the Numbers as of now are 460 rwhp and 495rwtq. Matt has the car and will be putting some miles on the car and I bet he has a big smile on his face :) The car feels really good.

Darkmanx
08-13-2010, 12:37 PM
7 lbs of boost the Numbers as of now are 460 rwhp and 495rwtq. Matt has the car and will be putting some miles on the car and I bet he has a big smile on his face :) The car feels really good.

so if matt sees no problem thats the numbers that you guys will sell the kit with> ? 460 @7 psi or you plan on raising boost?

G8GT721
08-13-2010, 02:11 PM
Nice numbers, about the same as mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

y2kws6
08-13-2010, 02:45 PM

Cool. How's the driveability around town? I'd be happy with those numbers (especially the torque number) on a bone stock car. With a cam that car would easily do 500+ as it sits now which is right where I want to be. So I have 2 questions:

Do you have a dod delete cam that will work with your single kit ?

How long do I have to wait before I can buy it from you? ;)

Good track weather is around the corner.......:)

Matt
08-14-2010, 07:39 AM
The car drives awesome! I only put about 100 miles on it so far but I am trying to get out to Woodward tonight if it stays dry. Maybe capture some videos!

travis gore
08-14-2010, 07:45 AM
The car drives awesome! I only put about 100 miles on it so far but I am trying to get out to Woodward tonight if it stays dry. Maybe capture some videos!

That is great news Matt. Are you going to make it to the national next week?

2StepsAhead
08-14-2010, 08:11 AM

Gotta take some driving videos at least, Im dying to hear how it sounds!

jimmytt6
08-14-2010, 08:17 AM
+1 on some videos!!!
Glad to hear she's running...

Mike P
08-14-2010, 09:32 AM

+1 to a video of the car..... Especially a race.... :)

Matt
08-14-2010, 01:54 PM
probably not going to the meet. I have some family flying in that week to see me, and for some reason its the same weekend as Dream cruise.:uhm:

Yea videos for you guys are def on my short list.

The car is a beast!

Steve@Vectormotorsports
08-16-2010, 09:13 AM
Cool. How's the driveability around town? I'd be happy with those numbers (especially the torque number) on a bone stock car. With a cam that car would easily do 500+ as it sits now which is right where I want to be. So I have 2 questions:

Do you have a dod delete cam that will work with your single kit ?

How long do I have to wait before I can buy it from you? ;)

Good track weather is around the corner.......:)
We will be jigging up another kit to install in shop on another G8, after where sure everything works without a doubt we will have the kits ready for release. As far as the DOD cam goes, we will not be developing a dod camshaft for the turbo kit.

y2kws6
08-16-2010, 11:41 AM
How about a non dod cam?

Kirk@VectorMotorsports
08-19-2010, 06:54 AM
How about a non dod cam?

Yes. We have one to be tested.

Darkmanx
08-19-2010, 08:35 AM
how bout some answers to the questions that everyone keeps ignoring?
price?
options?
schedule release date?
are you gonna leave the boost at 7psi or test it at a higer level?
is it only 1 turbo option?
etc etc god!

Kirk@VectorMotorsports
08-19-2010, 08:48 AM
how bout some answers to the questions that everyone keeps ignoring?
price?
options?
schedule release date?
are you gonna leave the boost at 7psi or test it at a higer level?
is it only 1 turbo option?
etc etc god!

We just finished the kit last week, so we don't have answers to most of those questions yet. It's been a long development process. We've been through two turbos, four exhaust housings, two down pipes, two crossover pipes.....ect.

I am still trying to keep pricing in the mid 6k area. We will likely offer a BB version of the same turbo. We are happy with 7 psi, but the turbo will support much more on a 6.0L. That is up to you.

Release date? Come now, I'm not crazy enough to go there again! As soon as the new down pipe and crossover pipe have fixtures built and a manual is written using my car, then we will release it. We are also testing one more exhaust housing.

Bonnetts02Vette
08-19-2010, 11:50 AM
will this be ready by the LSx shootout in early october or will this likely be a beginning of winter sort of thing

monster mash
08-21-2010, 07:15 PM
Chop chop.:poke: I've been saving my $$ for this. There are many things to blow money on and I feel like this :om: everytime I check this thread.:blink:

y2kws6
08-22-2010, 05:25 AM
Sounds like theres a bunch of us ready to go.... :) I do appreciate the care being taken to make sure its a quality, safe kit.

Darkmanx
08-27-2010, 06:34 AM
Think you can confirm the price of the kit and the options that will be available? i dont care on the release date but you should have the price since you found the turbo and everything else your gonna use. i wanna know since haddad have 1 week left on there awesome maggie sale and the procharge vendor in my area that has a procharger installed and tuned out the door for 6500.

laserred
08-27-2010, 07:07 AM
As soon as the new down pipe and crossover pipe have fixtures built and a manual is written using my car, then we will release it. We are also testing one more exhaust housing.
Being the team player that I am, I humbly offer my car up as a free tester, I give honest opinions and my car would be a great testbed since it's completely stock waiting for a modification like this. I can PM my info anytime ;)

Slizzo
08-28-2010, 09:26 PM
OK, here's a simple question: what would be the benefits going to this single turbo setup vs. a twin turbo setup?

SpeedRacerX
08-29-2010, 05:53 AM
OK, here's a simple question: what would be the benefits going to this single turbo setup vs. a twin turbo setup?

Good question.

I'm thinking maybe...

1. Cost savings
2. Less weight
3. Less complex installation
4. Maybe easier to maintain/fix/replace components
5. Easier to find a space for that one turbo (looks menacing when you open the hood too)
6. Easier to tune?

Just my thoughts. I'm sure the turbo experts on here can jump in.

pha|anx
08-29-2010, 06:45 AM
any recent underhood pictures? allowed to post? the suspense is killing me. teasers?

Matt
08-29-2010, 09:47 AM
Pics of turbo and car. I'm still working on getting the video.

GXPaycheck
08-29-2010, 11:05 AM

The twin turbos I have seen have the air filters sticking out of the bottom of the car. Never did like that.

y2kws6
08-29-2010, 01:07 PM
Hows the car driving? How many miles do you have on it so far? Any more runs? :)

Matt
08-29-2010, 02:23 PM
No problems at all ! I'm taking back to kirk on tuesday for inspection after a thousand hard miles and to try another exhaust side housing. He is going to try a smaller housing to get it spooling faster. right now it seems like it's making boost by 3k and is really cookin by 3500. I am trying to get those #'s about 500rpm lower. My last run was a 2005+ saleen s'charged from a 30, had him by 2/3 cars at least by 90/100.

jaxredg8
08-29-2010, 02:49 PM
Tax check next year is looking more and more like its already spoken for...

SRG963
08-29-2010, 03:08 PM
Video?

y2kws6
08-29-2010, 05:51 PM
How hard is it to handle on street tires?

Boostpatrol
08-29-2010, 06:18 PM
My TT on street tires and 500whp was sideways at 50 mph when u roll into boost. So its not good.

Robert@KBXPerformance
08-29-2010, 06:31 PM
Good question.

I'm thinking maybe...

1. Cost savings
2. Less weight
3. Less complex installation
4. Maybe easier to maintain/fix/replace components
5. Easier to find a space for that one turbo (looks menacing when you open the hood too)
6. Easier to tune?

Just my thoughts. I'm sure the turbo experts on here can jump in.

-Cost should be less with a single.
-Weight will be less
-Complexity between single and twins sort of depends on how you view things. I see twins as comparable complexity of pipe routing to a single.
-A single will be cheaper to maintain because there is not two Turbos and two WG's. Half as many major parts.
-The space thing is sort of different because even though you have two turbos in a twin system they are also allot smaller which means that they can fit in places that a single otherwise would not fit into. A space that would be unusable for a single may be able to be used for one of the twins.
-Whether calibrating the VCM for a single or twin system the tuning is the same. However, if you do encounter boosting issues then troubleshooting a twin system will be more complex.