PDA

View Full Version : On Star Diagnostics

Cobra
11-01-2008, 10:15 AM
Has anyone noticed a change in their On Star Diagnostics report since they have added mods and tunes?

I got a report today which stated it could not be completed.

R.Penguin
11-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Has anyone noticed a change in their On Star Diagnostics report since they have added mods and tunes?

I got a report today which stated it could not be completed.
Yes. When VMS locks the ECM on it's tune the OnStar diagnostics can't see it. I like that! :p

wreckwriter
11-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Hmmmmm.... My tune is 100% VMS and my Onstar stuff seems to be completing

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii262/wreckwriter/onstardiag.jpg

TomPierce
11-01-2008, 03:07 PM
Another reason for non-completion is interrupting the communications between OnStar and your vehicle. Parking in a garage will do it sometimes.

GXPaycheck
11-01-2008, 04:09 PM
Another reason for non-completion is interrupting the communications between OnStar and your vehicle. Parking in a garage will do it sometimes.

I agree. Mine sits in the garage for a week while I'm on the road. If they run the check then, I get an incomplete. nothing to do with the mods.

wreckwriter
11-01-2008, 04:10 PM
I don't have a garage!

Kirk@VectorMotorsports
11-06-2008, 09:00 AM
Yes. When VMS locks the ECM on it's tune the OnStar diagnostics can't see it. I like that! :p

All supported parameters are still available to OnStar. They do not have the ability to look at the actual calibration.

I have yet to hear of our tune disabling any of their features.

jbradsh1
11-06-2008, 01:46 PM
All supported parameters are still available to OnStar. They do not have the ability to look at the actual calibration.

I have yet to hear of our tune disabling any of their features.

Well, you need to work out something on that Kirk? Just had to say it, you know, pull the blinders over Big Brother's eyes.

todds87ss
11-06-2008, 05:23 PM
Well, you need to work out something on that Kirk? Just had to say it, you know, pull the blinders over Big Brother's eyes.

NOW we're talkin' brotha.:urock: