PDA

View Full Version : Livernois Motorsports

MANOFSTEEL69
11-01-2008, 04:16 AM
I took Tigger in to have everything checked out and adjusted if needed since I have some miles on my cam job. The car baselined at 399.75 HP and 372.08 TQ, after some pulls and tweeks I came out at 411.36 HP and 383 TQ. My tuner at Livernois Dan Millen (A driver and builder of a 6sec drag car ;) ) found and changed just a few things that were off from my New Era tune, (which he said was pretty spot on, by the way). Mainly my fuel mixture, a little to lean for Dan's liking. Dan also decided that leaving the TQ Management on is a much safer thing for my transmission given the amount of HP I'm producing. The guys agree with me that 450HP is probably the stopping point for these cars before we start breaking some shit. He also took my timing in the bottom end from 10 deg to 20 giving me a little more uumph on the launch. I'm very happy with how my car is running now and will be doing some passes at Milan today to see the combined results. More to come! Oh and I'll post the graphs later on also!

GRRRR8
11-01-2008, 04:25 AM
When I was in the Mustang scene Livernois cars were always ones to contend with at events. Stay tuned for a write up on a set of their 4V heads and cams on my old Mach 1. The car only weighs 3200 with driver! So we should see some low 11s to hi 10s on motor only! Andy, start making a list!

jbradsh1
11-01-2008, 04:32 AM
I took Tigger in to have everything checked out and adjusted if needed since I have some miles on my cam job. The car baselined at 399.75 HP and 372.08 TQ, after some pulls and tweeks I came out at 411.36 HP and 383 TQ. My tuner at Livernois Dan Millen (A driver and builder of a 6sec drag car ;) ) found and changed just a few things that were off from my New Era tune, (which he said was pretty spot on, by the way). Mainly my fuel mixture, a little to lean for Dan's liking. Dan also decided that leaving the TQ Management on is a much safer thing for my transmission given the amount of HP I'm producing. The guys agree with me that 450HP is probably the stopping point for these cars before we start breaking some shit. He also took my timing in the bottom end from 10 deg to 20 giving me a little more uumph on the launch. I'm very happy with how my car is running now and will be doing some passes at Milan today to see the combined results. More to come! Oh and I'll post the graphs later on also!

Great post. Can't wait to hear about your trip to the track!

Mike P
11-01-2008, 07:45 AM
I want to hear about your Milan track trip too!

Sounds like your car is REALLY kicking ass even more now......

over 400 hp to the wheels, damn!

MANOFSTEEL69
11-02-2008, 08:25 AM
I'll try to get a better picture, can't find the wife's camera lol.
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r424/MANOFSTEEL69/11-02-08_1031-1.jpg

NWOG8
11-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Congrats Jay! Wish I could be there to see it run.
Jeff

MANOFSTEEL69
11-02-2008, 05:53 PM
It was really busy at MIlan, and I made just a couple passes with my DR's on. I'm actually faster with my street tires if you can figure that out. I was running 12.9's @ 115MPH...lol. I just can't get my 60's down to save my life, and I won't be doing a TC on this tranny/driveline set up. Maybe I should plan a trip to Bonneville instead. :) Next time to Milan, hopefully Sat. weather permitting the DR's will be staying at home.

wreckwriter
11-02-2008, 05:54 PM
I think we'd do good on the flats :)

Livernois Motorsports
11-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Jay,

Thank you for the kind words. It was nice meeting you and that's a good looking G8! I have a few videos of it from Milan yesterday that I'll get uploaded and pm a link to you.

My mph at the track yesterday was also where it normally is (126 mph), but my ET was off a bit too...

My tuner at Livernois Dan Millen (A driver and builder of a 6sec drag car ;) )

Hey, it's a street car ;) j/k...

-Rick

-Ray-
11-03-2008, 01:53 PM
I didn't have my car tuned, but I have to echo Jay's words about Livernois. Nice meeting Andy and some of the other staff.
Great facility.

Andy@Livernois
11-03-2008, 01:56 PM
Thanks Ray, and Jay (awww how cute :D )