PDA

View Full Version : Vms

S&W 44 Mag
11-01-2008, 03:08 AM
What a day. I left my N.E Ohio home at 7AM to be on time for my noon appointment. After reading every post on this forum I knew I was going to VMS for my ECM/TCM tune. While I was there I had Kirk install a Roto-Fab CAI and Roto-Fab Radiator Cover. What a difference the tune makes. After almost turning off the freeway on the wrong exit I had to pull off on the side. With rush hour cars coming at me one after another I finally pulled out into incoming traffic. All I can say is I looked over at my wife and said that’s the new tune. I’m impressed with the car and the service I received at VMS…Thanks Kirk

I forgot to mention about gas MPG before and after my tune. Drive way to drive way is 250 miles. My DIC said 22 average on the way up and 25 average when I got home. I did clear it just as I was pulling out of my drive and again when leaving VMS. I also did it the old fashion way. I toped off the gas (to the top) and cleared the trip both ways. The gals divided into mileage was 19.3 on the way up and 25.01 on the way home. Knowing I was going to get a tune I have only used BP 93 since I got the car. Mileage on car was just over 600 miles when I left for VMS.

2009 G8 GT
Black with Red Inserts
Premium & Sport Package

jbradsh1
11-01-2008, 03:11 AM
Good story. Kirk is really easy to work with, nice guy.

Mike P
11-01-2008, 07:49 AM
Good story. Kirk is really easy to work with, nice guy.

Yep, Kirk is awesome at what he does & a super nice guy too! :)

My Vector Motor Sports experiences have been 100% GRRRR8!

:)

GXPaycheck
11-01-2008, 04:16 PM
Man, why didn't I think to get the rad cover when I was there! :punch:

Wish I could get up there more often!

wreckwriter
11-01-2008, 04:19 PM

Just order one, I believe they take about 20 seconds to install.

edmanet
11-01-2008, 05:44 PM

You can purchase one and put it on yourself. It takes all of two minutes to install.

GXPaycheck
11-02-2008, 05:30 AM
It's the Alzheimers. Shoulda done it while I was there. Coulda saved on shipping!
Just something else to order and wait for. As mechanically inclined as I am, maybe i should have a shop install it :wub:

wreckwriter
11-02-2008, 05:43 AM
I worry a bit that the rad cover could cause heat retention because it goes pretty far back. Anyone done any testing on temps before and after?