PDA

View Full Version : SW Ohio: Tristate Dragway 3/27/2010

G8 GT V8
03-24-2010, 10:13 AM
Hey guys,

I want to invite all G8 owners out to Tristate this coming Saturday (3/27/10) for test and tune. The gates open at 1:30 PM with racing going from 2:00 to 6:00. If you’re unfamiliar with it, test and tune is just what it sounds like. You get the opportunity to take your car down the track to get practice driving it, testing it, and tuning it. There are no prizes, trophies, or eliminations. $15 gets you into the park and registered to run your car down the track just about as many times as you want. If you’ve never done it before, don’t sweat it. I’ll be more than happy to show you the ropes. You can discretely PM me if you’d like to keep your inhibitions secretive. I’ll admit that it can be intimidating at first, but once you go down the track a few times, you’ll be addicted to it. Where else can you legally drive over 100+ mph?

Just a couple of the bigger things to point out;

• Keep your air conditioner turned off way before you make it to the track and while you’re at the track. They do not want you dripping condensation on the track.
• If your car runs <13.99, (most of us will) you’ll need to wear a helmet
• They also note on their site that you need long sleeves and long pants, but they’ve never said anything to me for wearing a simple T-shirt and jeans.

If you want to just come to spectate and hang out, the entry charge is $10, if I'm not mistaking.

Here’s their website for maps, additional rules/pointers, and details:

http://www.tristatedragway.com/

I hope you can make it out….

Marty

BlueJacket
03-24-2010, 10:29 AM
Sounds like fun, I will leave this stuck at the top until the 28th.

G8 GT V8
03-24-2010, 11:01 AM
Thanks!

09LiquidGT
03-25-2010, 06:49 AM
Can't make it this weekend...but will make it out one of these weekends..hopefully sooner than later

Jimmy Dean
03-26-2010, 05:56 AM
I should be there until 4:00. Who else is gonna be there?

kevinm0131
03-26-2010, 06:18 AM
I'll be there until about 3:30. HAVE to watch the MU Hockey game.

Kevin