PDA

View Full Version : My GXPs Spring 2010 Mods

mtolivecracker
03-24-2010, 06:01 AM
Its been a long winter, but I had a few things planned for my GXP when the weather gets nice and they are all coming together now. Figured Id share.

1. Changing the Oil(oil is sitting in my garage)
2. Getting my windows tinted. Going this saturday up to NY to jamestint to put on some huper optik 30 all around and 50 on the windshield. My girlfriend's Genesis Coupe will also be getting tinted, will post pics when its done, and will let you know how it goes.
3. Install my BMR trailing arms, (sitting in the garage)
4. Install my ceramic Hawk pads once they get to my house, no more dust.
5. Switch out my 3.70s for the 2.92 differential that i sitting in my garage. Its temporary, relax. Need to fix my 3.70s from whining.
6. Need to decide on them still, but am deciding between Eibachs and TEIN springs, which will be installed as soon as i decide and order them. Biggest dilema ive ever faced with my car do far.

Right now, im holding off on HIDs and new 20" wheels.

I would love to spend a whole weekend and do the oil, springs, trailing arms and differential all in one shot, but theres no way I have the stamina and experience to do all that.

TyG8GXP
03-24-2010, 07:37 AM
Why hold off on HIDs? You can get a kit under $50.

mtolivecracker
03-24-2010, 08:06 AM
well, i keep reading about all these problem with the fogs, and i always have fogs on, mainly for looks, so the mismatch would really annoy me if I did just the headlights. Also the stocks are pretty bright, and the life of the HIDS seem to be rather short. Dont know if i want the hassle.

im also afraid of fogging up.

One day.

PMD G8
03-27-2010, 06:51 AM
Oh please dont' do HID fogs like everyone else. They are so fuckign annoying and people are just essentially running around with their bright lights on.