PDA

View Full Version : Southwest Missouri Drivers??

Chrisu23
03-18-2010, 06:40 PM
I just joined but i look at this site all the time but never ever see anyone from southwest missouri. However i see new G8's popping up everywhere. Just wondering if anyone is on here?

soup070
03-18-2010, 07:15 PM
Welcome to the board, I've been on here for a while, since last April owner since May 26.

Which G8 are you? Locally I have seen a couple - a White GT with 19 sport package by Nat & Battlefield, a Gray GT with black/red pinstriped wheels out by Kickappo, the only GXP in town (black), a white Base model, or the Red GT with black 20s. My wife keeps ours as a daily driver, while Im stuck in the mush boat (Crown Vic) til I finally come out from my under-employement(I have a Masters Degree in History from a World Ranked Uni in Aus. and unable to find anything but mowing grass for a paycheck). Keep an eye out for the Stryker GT with red calipers, watchout her right foots longer than her left.

Chrisu23
03-19-2010, 09:08 AM
I am the one with black and red wheels. I do go to Kickapoo. I havent seen the stryker but would love to because i think they are amazing. There is also a gray GXP that I have seen on this side of town before the winter. Pretty sure the person lives down the street from my friend. Also the red with black 20's resides by my house but have never talked to him. What mods do you have? And do you know anyone else on the board from around here?

RxApple
03-20-2010, 01:44 PM
I live in Joplin. Although, I do come to Springfield fairly often. I have a 2009 GT Stryker with 20" Boss Wheels.

Chrisu23
03-20-2010, 08:49 PM
Man i would love to see one. I have not seen one in person. You ever come down to Springfield?

soup070
03-21-2010, 10:20 AM
I live in Joplin. Although, I do come to Springfield fairly often. I have a 2009 GT Stryker with 20" Boss Wheels.

My wife's friends say they saw our car around town, but then noticed that it had different wheels so it must not have been ours. I believe I've seen your G8 in Spld on Primrose across town by Target. The stryker blue was and still is the best color to have out of the G8 color selection, sure can find it within the sea of blacks, whites, grays, silvers and a few reds. It was the only color I would have bought for 2009, and Orange would have been my 2008 selection. I really would have given up all my modding and probably saved $$$ I told my wife if we would have gotten a GXP stryker (one of 55 in the lower 48, the 56th is in Hawaii) she almost agreed.

*So if anyone out there is going to sell there GXP A6 anytime in the next 6 years with reasonable mileage send me a PM.*

Met the GXP match the other day at the local Audi dealership, really wanted this one but reliablity and serviceablity $$ would have killed me. This week they got they got a 2003 rs6 on trade and the next day sold it, not suprised when the sales manager puts it for that price. Had less than 40K on the clock, new tires, dealer full service, new brakes, local driven for only 28k. That would have been the only car besides the GXP that I would have traded my gt on. 2010 Mustang drawing my interest but who wants a four letter F word in their driveway and couldn't live with a car that Joe Blow and others down the street have the same one.

Chrisu23
03-23-2010, 08:12 PM
I would trade the gt on a rs6 any day of the week. Beautiful car and for that price of course it was gone quick. If your going to buy a mustang you should for sure wait till next year and get the 400+ hp. It is going to be an awesome car.

soup070
03-25-2010, 05:41 PM
Mistake...Really meant 2011 Stang bring on 412hp, but like others say its a little "emo". In three years or so, the new production stang will leave you second guessing yourself in the choice of a two door car, the 2010 Camaro sort-of brings up idea of sorry to say "white trash" (what drug deal doesn't have a 90s camaro busted by COPS) if it wasn't for the $40k price tag. The new camaro has a very cartoonish look, its awesome to a point and in time will become a box van isore (sorry to SS owners). G8 has a "sleeper" look and you can haul five full-size (6.5 ft tall and room to spare) adults without a problem, as in the words displayed of a fellow fourm member's G8 "Member of the Four Door Mafia."

Chrisu23
03-27-2010, 08:52 PM
Yeah that mustang is going to be really nice but it will become the new camaro where you see 2 or 3 everytime you go anywhere. Totally agree with the sleeper look. I love watching people try to figure out where the exhaust sound is coming from at stop lights. If you get a blue gxp I will for sure have to see that in person. :thumbsup:

RxApple
03-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Yeah, that was probably me... I was doing pharmacy rotations in Springfield during September and October, at Select Specialty Hospital and Cox South. I was also in Springfield on Friday March 19 in the evening.

Chrisu23
04-06-2010, 03:04 PM
Hey soup i thought i would let you know that there is a stryker blue A6 GXP on ebay right now with 9,000miles. Just thought you might like to check that out.

soup070
04-16-2010, 10:34 PM
I am the one with black and red wheels.

Saw your car today while I was working on the south side of town in the burbs. Your ride looks amazing. I like the red highlights on the decals and matching rims with trim. I really like your exhaust tips (I guess are SLPs). I myself have finally save enough money ($20 a payperiod+bonuses+overtime$) to order some mods, wed. I ordered the Corsa cb, but have to wait til I have a shop back home to raise the car. Check back in two weeks, and she'll be sounding nice. Just hope my wife doesn;t kill me for buying them, Anniv. this month. Oh well, she likes the Corsa sound too, and she drives it 80% of the time. *Just watch out for a little Blond screaming by in a Stryker G8 soon.*

Chrisu23
04-19-2010, 04:57 PM
Oh thanks man. Yes they are SLP straight pipes and they have a perfect low deep sound. I saw a stryker the other day that pulled up next to me at a gas station and thought it was you, then it i saw it had New York plates on it. Still can't wait to see yours and now i want to hear it to. Where did you see me at?

soup070
05-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Just installed my Corsa CB this weekend and boy do they sound good. Nice and quite on long cruses and just right when you put your foot into it. My wife can't wait to put her foot down when shes around town, waiting for her first ticket. I can't wait to take it out for a drive again.

soup070
06-21-2010, 04:54 PM
Local G8/Camaro owners in Southwest MO, I recently moved to Nixa from Spld and thought I could envite all those around to the local cruse at Nixa's "Crusing USA Custard" on Hwy 14 between Nixa and Ozark. They usually have a local band that starts around 6pm on Sat. and always great ice cream. Hope to visit another G8 if your free.

http://www.cruisinusa.org/joomla2/

Chrisu23
07-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Sorry i didn't see that till it was too late. Any idea when the next one would be? If there is one

soup070
07-11-2010, 01:42 PM
The next concert & car show are July24, August 7 & 28 around 6pm. Hope to catch you then.

soup070
07-11-2010, 01:47 PM
The next concert & car cruise in Nixa are July 24, August 7 & 28 starting around 6pm. Hope to see your G8 around Chrisu23.

RxApple
08-08-2010, 05:24 AM
Hey guys, just got my car back from Livernois! It is now cammed! Love it! What are you guys up to these days?

soup070
08-24-2010, 06:53 PM
Needing info about any local GXPs in the Springfield area:
I am looking for just a little info from the local G8 Ozark owners to help out Joe "bracketracer" in finishing out his GXP National Reg. He's trying to get info to make a state-by-state list of prod. #s, ex. color, interior color (all black or red inserts), roof, M6 or A6. If you would happen to know anyone who has a or knows of "the" GXP in the area please pass on the pm to him, just car info needed doesn't need names or a specific location just those five items. Thanks

Hopefully anyone who saw the pictures from the National Meet will be up for the drive next year if it is still in the Quad Cities. It was awesome to see 65 G8s in one location, hope to have more Ozark G8s to represent next year.

soup070
11-18-2010, 04:05 PM
Last night I went to check on our GT at the dealership, our car is just about done after the accident. Called today, it won't be done till tomorrow (dropped the bumper last night off the stand and has to get repainted again). Said it would be don a week ago, almost two weeks in the shop. But saw another sad sight, a local Ozark G8 owner had another fender-bender a Red GT looks like they go squezed at the quarterpanels both front quarters were crushed :( Just wondering if anyone on here had that accident? Hopefully tomorrow I will get her back.

Chrisu23
01-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Haven't been on here for awhile guys. How is everybody doing? Any new mods for Christmas? I would love to see that cammed G8. I have now seen that stryker around town and it looks so awesome. Took my rims off for the winter after getting new winter tires. Back to stock for awhile. Hope everyone is doing well and hope to see you guys around.

soup070
01-05-2011, 11:32 PM
Haven't been on here for awhile guys. How is everybody doing? Any new mods for Christmas? I would love to see that cammed G8. I have now seen that stryker around town and it looks so awesome. Took my rims off for the winter after getting new winter tires. Back to stock for awhile. Hope everyone is doing well and hope to see you guys around.

I think I've seen your GT not too long ago in Ozark, I moved to Nixa this summer where I have met several other G8 owners locally who really love there GT. Got some mods for Christmas but, waiting for warranty to run out to install - can't wait to install my swaybars but Im sure once I do that my LCA will start knocking amd my strut bearings will fall. Same here took off my 19 to put back on my stock 18 all-seasons for the winter, hope the snow stays a minium, can't stand the G8 to be hit again.

Chrisu23
01-09-2011, 05:59 PM
Yes that was probably me, my mom lives in Ozark. Go out there like twice a week. Maybe one of these days I will get to see your G8.