PDA

View Full Version : King Dave Cecil 3/19/10

Devilish34
03-18-2010, 06:50 AM
Well looks like there is a good chance one of the local boys will taking down my 11.79. Drag pack, extra 20-30 hp and a lighter driver should put him right where he needs to be.....Unless the track is shit but I sure he's been working on his lauches .....

I'm heading down as is Roy to witness this... I did drag the DRs out of storage and they are sitting next to my car. Part of me wants to challenge Dave to a best out of three but I've seen what happens to his challengers.

Best of luck Dave

wnt2gofst
03-18-2010, 07:04 AM
Good luck Dave...And Devilish just go ahead and run the car..maybe some how you can put it off..

Devilish34
03-18-2010, 07:08 AM
I plan on running but if I break my wife will kill be lol

Must avoid the right lane it's a PBM G8 killer

wnt2gofst
03-18-2010, 07:10 AM
Good luck. I know all about wife going to kill you..My wife seen me last night adding up the diff and axles fast inatke and TB..needless to say I Didnt ummm how you say "Get any last night." Again good luck.

AUGAH
03-18-2010, 04:55 PM
Go get him John. Look on the bright side, if you do happen to snap one, at least your towing bill would be a lot less.

Good luck Dave, looking forward to hearing the stories.

Devilish34
03-18-2010, 05:04 PM
please god no tow trucks....or wrath of wife

GRRRR8
03-18-2010, 05:18 PM
I just have to say this............ PUSSY!

Seriously though, why go and not take the car. Make a pass, if you or the car are not feeling it, spectate.

GeorgeInNePa
03-18-2010, 05:30 PM
Well looks like there is a good chance one of the local boys will taking down my 11.79. Drag pack, extra 20-30 hp and a lighter driver should put him right where he needs to be.....Unless the track is shit but I sure he's been working on his lauches .....

I'm heading down as is Roy to witness this... I did drag the DRs out of storage and they are sitting next to my car. Part of me wants to challenge Dave to a best out of three but I've seen what happens to his challengers.

Best of luck Dave

Don't be a pussy. :loser:

The trans shop called me today and left a message, I have to call them back tomorrow. I hope the diff is ready.

Devilish34
03-18-2010, 05:52 PM
Who is being a pussy??? My junk is ready to go even put some orange paint marks on the DRs so I can see if they're spinning.

G8GT721
03-18-2010, 05:56 PM
I just have to say this............ PUSSY!

ooo that smell that smell, can't you smell that smell

MGM GT
03-18-2010, 05:56 PM

Best of luck Dave

How local we talking? haha

We've already beat it south of the Mason-Dixon line... no drag pack needed.

Devilish34
03-18-2010, 06:00 PM
How local we talking? haha

We've already beat it south of the Mason-Dixon line... no drag pack needed.

I was thinking cam only lt's,intake,stall no head work ect. I know it's not a NA record :cheers: but it's faster than the RFW has gone :loser:

wnt2gofst
03-18-2010, 06:05 PM
I was thinking cam only lt's,intake,stall no head work ect. I know it's not a NA record :cheers: but it's faster than the RFW has gone :loser:

This combined with this...God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Apparently Fucking with Charlie was #1 on his list ...hahahaha...

GRRRR8
03-18-2010, 06:09 PM
I am just going to say this: When I get a few passes and get the car dialed in(car has made 2 passes and now it will have more HP and the launch will be a little work), I will be # 3 or #4 on the list and with a 100 shot or less I will be #1 or #2.

Got it? :cheers:

MGM GT
03-18-2010, 06:13 PM

Fair enough... haha

I am just going to say this: When I get a few passes and get the car dialed in(car has made 2 passes and now it will have more HP and the launch will be a little work), I will be # 3 or #4 on the list and with a 100 shot or less I will be #1 or #2.

We heard this before.... you were supposed to run 11.3's out the gate on the old setup! :brock:

Devilish34
03-18-2010, 06:21 PM
I am just going to say this: :blah::blah::blah::blah: and once I :blah::blah::blah::blah: I will be :blah::blah::blah::blah:

:notworking:

Devilish34
03-18-2010, 06:24 PM
Fair enough... haha

Theres always some one faster it just isn't Charlie

MGM GT
03-18-2010, 06:26 PM
Theres always some one faster it just isn't Charlie

Its those pesky turbo cars...

Has anyone heard if the Intense car is even on the road after it broke?

Parish may be the only TT G8 left on the road...

Devilish34
03-18-2010, 06:28 PM
Its those pesky turbo cars...

Has anyone heard if the Intense car is even on the road after it broke?

Parish may be the only TT G8 left on the road...

Are you taking about the trans??? I think they got that replaced but don't forget G8GT721 he has twins too

MGM GT
03-18-2010, 06:33 PM
Are you taking about the trans??? I think they got that replaced but don't forget G8GT721 he has twins too

And the owner sold the company to play poker... not sure if he has the same fervor to make a G8 fast?

Oh yeah forgot about him!

GRRRR8
03-18-2010, 06:42 PM
We heard this before.... you were supposed to run 11.3's out the gate on the old setup! :brock:

I think it would be very close just the way it sits. I just don't see spending time I don't have to dial in a combo that needs a gear and the car needs to squat harder to get the low 60 fters it takes to run those times.

If I had a normal job that wasn't car related, I long ago would have been in the 10s. When this is what you do for a living, it is a huge difference. Do you tell a customer "you have to wait, because I am working on my car?" I know I don't.

I also am very picky. I am a stickler for detail. My car my business card and seen all over the world. Most G8s I see lack the attention to detail.

It also is time consuming when you are always the 1st or one of the 1st to do a lot of mods being done to these cars. Sometimes it is gravy test fitting. Sometimes you completely disaasemble, assemble. remove, fit, reinstall, take pictures, remove, take pics, ship off, put the car back the way it was, wait...., and start all over again. Don't get me wrong, it is very cool being in on the ground floor for new products. It is great for my car, but more importantly, it is great for the members here and G8 owners in general.

Having said all that, it still comes down to put up or shut up.

11.52@120 with a shot of juice is not going to shut me up. I see 11 teens being the mark just to be in the top 10 or 12 by the end of the year.

MGM GT
03-18-2010, 06:54 PM
I think it would be very close just the way it sits. I just don't see spending time I don't have to dial in a combo that needs a gear and the car needs to squat harder to get the low 60 fters it takes to run those times.

If I had a normal job that wasn't car related, I long ago would have been in the 10s. When this is what you do for a living, it is a huge difference. Do you tell a customer "you have to wait, because I am working on my car?" I know I don't.

I also am very picky. I am a stickler for detail. My car my business card and seen all over the world. Most G8s I see lack the attention to detail.

It also is time consuming when you are always the 1st or one of the 1st to do a lot of mods being done to these cars. Sometimes it is gravy test fitting. Sometimes you completely disaasemble, assemble. remove, fit, reinstall, take pictures, remove, take pics, ship off, put the car back the way it was, wait...., and start all over again. Don't get me wrong, it is very cool being in on the ground floor for new products. It is great for my car, but more importantly, it is great for the members here and G8 owners in general.

Having said all that, it still comes down to put up or shut up.

11.52@120 with a shot of juice is not going to shut me up. I see 11 teens being the mark just to be in the top 10 or 12 by the end of the year.

I agree!

I know my car is still slow... I don't have half the fancy parts most guys running in the 11's do. Considering I'm on a half ass exhaust setup (ports in my head are bigger then the Doug Thorley header openings, and I'm still on the stock catback except for some axlebacks), half ass tune (we all know that story), half ass launch (my own fault second guessing rear end strength), and a incredibly long 3-4 shift... I think 11.52 is a good starting point. It can only help but get faster as I fix what ails her...

Devilish34
03-18-2010, 06:57 PM
hmmmmm

edmanet
03-18-2010, 06:58 PM
I agree!

I know my car is still slow... I don't have half the fancy parts most guys running in the 11's do. Considering I'm on a half ass exhaust setup (ports in my head are bigger then the Doug Thorley header openings, and I'm still on the stock catback except for some axlebacks), half ass tune (we all know that story), half ass launch (my own fault second guessing rear end strength), and a incredibly long 3-4 shift... I think 11.52 is a good starting point. It can only help but get faster as I fix what ails her...

LMFAO..........and you know at what comment you made !!! I don't think I need to highlight it for ya !!!

MGM GT
03-18-2010, 07:01 PM
LMFAO..........and you know at what comment you made !!! I don't think I need to highlight it for ya !!!

;)

GRRRR8
03-18-2010, 07:06 PM
I agree!

I couldn't agree more. Cars just don't go fast, you make them go fast. It just seems when it comes to my car, that sounds like an excuse.

Once a car hits a certain level, it all comes down to preparation and the driver. Even a professional driver isn't going to go out with a new set up and break any records. With seat time and tweaking, that's when he goes fast.

Today was kind of example of that. With 15 psi in the ETs, the car got all squirrely on the 1-2 shift and for the 2nd time, it turned 2 o'clock sideways on the 2-3 shift. All I was trying to do is test shift points at WOT thru 4th gear. Well that didn't happen!

Devilish34
03-18-2010, 07:17 PM
You need more seat time and testing on the street is not the same as on the track

wnt2gofst
03-18-2010, 07:18 PM
You need more seat time and testing on the street is not the same as on the track

This i know for sure. racing on the street i am used to..At the track not so much..

GRRRR8
03-18-2010, 07:41 PM

At the track it didn't do it, but it was spinning on the shifts and touching the limiter. I am really close on it shifting at what I want it to, but know on the shifts since it hits hard, you are letting out of it on the 2-3 to keep the car straight. I am confident the Spohn components will take care of a large percentage of this issue. I might need to put tubes in the ETs so I get a bit less sidewall flex and that should be it.

Once that is done, it is just finding the sweet spot with the 2 step to see how many rpms I can leave at.

Devilish34
03-19-2010, 03:47 AM
My car has never left good on a hard launch..

G8GT721
03-19-2010, 01:01 PM

And the owner sold the company to play poker... not sure if he has the same fervor to make a G8 fast?

Oh yeah forgot about him!

yea, dont forget about me!

goddam massachusetts not having a track blows, need to go to New Hampshire 2ish hours each way