PDA

View Full Version : Tune Time G8 11.43 @ 119

Matt TuneTime
10-30-2008, 09:15 AM
vids are in the works, today i went to a track rental at Atco (DA was right at sea level and sometimes just above/below by 40-50') with a nasty (as usual at Atco) headwind..
over the weekend Matt from TuneTimePerfomance installed a new TVS1900 blower on his G8, changed the cam to an LPE GT23 and sprayed it with Meth to the tune of 509RWHP/460RWTQ (only 4 passes on the mustang dyno before we left for the track, there's more in it) and blasted off to an
11.43 @119 with a 1.61 60.. he also ran 11.45 @118 & 11.48 @118.. on the street tires he ran
11.9 @117 with a 1.83 60'.. He was running a 275/40R17 MT ET Street DR and unfortunately, the posi unit is shot and would only heat up one tire most of the day causing it to slip off the line and then when he got a solid grab out of the hole and went 1.58 the car wouldn't shift the 1-2
just figured you guys would like to know what the new blower from magnacharger was good for.. very impressive.. first hand experience, pulls like an animal and is very quiet inside the car, at idle you can't hear a dam thing, i don't know if it has more to do with the great engineering of the car or the blower or both lol..

Can't wait for the trans to be built and the posi beefed up, this car will more than likely also be hit with a 50shot and skinnies up front, he's looking for 10's, given the weather around here? I bet he'll get there before years end,
just talked to matt, trans problem is almost fixed already, line pressure adjustments have the 2-3 & 3-4 snapping shifts off, just the 1-2 needs work.. these cars are impressive, can't even kill the trans?? maybe there's something for the posi unit as well??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7iI5yM4BAA

BTW can some one put me on the 1/4mile list ?

GRRRR8
10-30-2008, 10:11 AM
Awesome Job Matt! I am going to have my work cut out for me to catch you!