PDA

View Full Version : Warning schramautoparts on Ebay

BlueJacket
03-12-2010, 05:07 PM
I won a full 2009 G8 center console from schramautoparts on ebay using the best offer feather on http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330402137415&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

As you can see from the action listing they included a number of close up pics of everything that came with this console but this is what I ended up getting.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/bluejacket651/photo3.jpg

As you can see many parts are missing including the heated seat buttons and the window control. These were the two items that I wanted the console for.

I have a feeling that who ever accepted my best offer screwed up and should not have let it go for as little as they did.

I sent them an email and they replied that they were looking into it and would get back to me asap. They also asked for a pic of what I got. After sending the pic and a follow up email asking for an update they have not contacted me back. So I have opened a paypal dispute and ebay dispute. I will update this post if anything new happens.

I am pissed right now.

GT G8
03-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Damn.

The best thing you can do if they ignore you is ruin their reputation. Negative feedback goes a looong way. Plus spreading the word to others like us helps too.

Monty
03-12-2010, 05:13 PM
That console has been on Ebay for a long time. They keep relisting it.

norm8332
03-12-2010, 05:13 PM
That sucks. I can't see what you got pic BTW.

BlueJacket
03-12-2010, 05:18 PM
That console has been on Ebay for a long time. They keep relisting it.

Yeah they relisted it the day after I won it, so I was worried before the box ever showed.

That sucks. I can't see what you got pic BTW.

Anyone else not able to see it?

r33pwrd
03-12-2010, 05:23 PM
picture works fine for me... did you call them on the 800 number they gave you? I would deman either the rest of the parts or a full refund (plus them cover shiping both ways)

Monty
03-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Did it come with the side pieces? I noticed the in the link there is a GXP console for $79.00 and that looks like it has the heated seat buttons.

norm8332
03-12-2010, 05:24 PM
Yeah they relisted it the day after I won it, so I was worried before the box ever showed.

Anyone else not able to see it?

It's there now, strange...wow I'd feel ripped too.

DRCUSTOMPARTS
03-12-2010, 05:25 PM
You certainly have enough pictures to verify you didn't get what was presented. All you can do is let Paypal handle it and I'm sure they will decide in your favor. If so they will refund your money AND the shipping cost you paid. I had the same thing happen to me and that was the out come on my complaint.

r33pwrd
03-12-2010, 05:26 PM
here is one of their negative remarks:

Didn't have item that was shown in auction, but did refund when requested.

BlueJacket
03-12-2010, 05:27 PM
picture works fine for me... did you call them on the 800 number they gave you? I would deman either the rest of the parts or a full refund (plus them cover shiping both ways)

Not yet, I will see if the paypal claims gets them moving first. In my claim I have asked for the missing parts or a full refund including what I paid for them to ship to me. And I am not shipping what I got back, they can came and get it if they want.

Did it come with the side pieces? I noticed the in the link there is a GXP console for $79.00 and that looks like it has the heated seat buttons.

Nope, side pieces, shifter trim, pass side cubby hole, seat/tc buttons and window controls are all missing.

BlueJacket
03-12-2010, 05:29 PM
You certainly have enough pictures to verify you didn't get what was presented. All you can do is let Paypal handle it and I'm sure they will decide in your favor. If so they will refund your money AND the shipping cost you paid. I had the same thing happen to me and that was the out come on my complaint.

Yeah they screwed themselves with all of the pics in the listing. Paypal should refund me no problem, but I really want the missing parts. lol

DRCUSTOMPARTS
03-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Charles make sure you save the pics from the auction to your PC so they don't take them down.

BlueJacket
03-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Charles make sure you save the pics from the auction to your PC so they don't take them down.

Did that before I even emailed them. I'm no dummy. :uhm:

TurboMike
03-13-2010, 08:18 AM
I've been going throgh this exact same thing with another salvage yard selling G8 stuff on ebay. Item doesnt match picture, and you dont get what you expect.

It sounds like you already went for the paypal/ebay complaint route, I would have called them first. Seems like lately ebay sellers are spooked to get negative feedback lately and are a lot more responsive to complaints. I'm gona find out Monday what my ebay seller is gona do to fix the problem. And since its paypal and a credit card I'm not too worried about getting my money back.

DRCUSTOMPARTS
03-13-2010, 10:08 AM
Mike he did contact them by email and they said they would get back to him ASAP, but evidently they didn't so he filed the Paypal complaint.

BlueJacket
03-13-2010, 04:40 PM
Mike he did contact them by email and they said they would get back to him ASAP, but evidently they didn't so he filed the Paypal complaint.

Yeah that is why I did not call them. And really why should I have too. If you are selling items on the internet you should be able to handle all of your business online or you should not be selling on the internet.

DRCUSTOMPARTS
03-13-2010, 04:45 PM
Exactly, I don't have my phone number on my website. But I do have my email address and people can contact me that way.

Snakey
03-13-2010, 05:31 PM
I have had a few dealings with them and have had nothing but good experiences. Granted that parts I bought were more simple and not something as complex as this. Hope it works out well for you! Would make me consider my future business with them!

BlueJacket
03-15-2010, 07:25 AM
The owner of the company connected me today and offered a full refund including shipping both ways. I did not want to mess with shipping it back so I asked him if we could work out a deal and I will keep what I got. Ended up getting almost all of my money back plus I am keeping what they sent me. He also offered me 15% off my next purchase.

So in the end it worked out but just be warned that they use stock photos and not photos with the real item on their ebay listings. And IMO that is bad business.

DRCUSTOMPARTS
03-15-2010, 07:46 AM
Sounds like you made out ok, except you have a console that you don't need.

BlueJacket
03-15-2010, 08:40 AM
Sounds like you made out ok, except you have a console that you don't need.

It did have three rado siliver trim parts from an 09 that I needed and I wanted a new lid that I am going to have covered in leather and have same extra padding added to. I also just got done striping it down so I will have a couple of parts to sell off of it. So I will brake even and still end up with some of the 09 parts I needed. Just need to get the window contrals and heated seat/TC buttons.

BigRed585Lbs
11-10-2010, 08:48 AM
They may have gotten their act more together by now. I ordered a leather-covered steering wheel with the cruise control and redundant audio control buttons on it from them ($65 delivered!!!!) on a Thursday. They shipped it out the next day by UPS and I had it the following Tuesday. It was exactly as described and I won't hesitate to do business with them again. I can't say the same for some of the other "big name" places I've tried to do bidness with.

Just do your research.

locrzn#92
12-07-2010, 07:36 PM
I just bought a 3.27 rear from them. I am happy with the way they treated me as I actually bought the wrong rear end, they had ups ship it back before it got to me and they are sending out the correct 3.27 limited slip. It was partially my fault for not doing my home work first. Blake from Schram's will send my new one tomorrow or Thursday after ups gets that rear back. Its been a positive experience so far for me. If I get the correct rear it will be fine, if not then I'll get back to ya.

bowtiefan
12-08-2010, 04:48 AM
Somewhat off subject but....I'm just amazed at the crappy stuff (legitimately pictured) I do see on ebay that folks actually do buy. For instance, I saw a GXP diffuser that was sold by a salvager last week on ebay that went for $60! It was absolute crap--all scratched and banged up. People, you can get a new one for a few bucks more!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/09-Pontiac-G8-OEM-Black-Rear-Bumper-Lower-Valence-/360283660400?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53e2946070

johnh
12-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Yeah that Cleveland Pick a part is on the high side for a bunch of stuff. Most of these places use stock pictures...I bought some window switches (prev owner left some scratches I didn't like) they showed 09 (gray) in picture, but sent 08 (black). I think its gonna happen on the interior trim pieces as techincally they will show as fitting but are different in color.