PDA

View Full Version : Removal of overhead map lights

DZG8GT
03-11-2010, 12:02 PM
Has anyone had the unit off? I need to pull the maplight/sunglass unit off the roof and I can't seem to find any screws. Don't want to break it because I will be reinstalling. Looking to put homelink buttons on it.

TurboMike
03-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Open the sunglass holder, theres a small torx screw in there. Then pull from front (pull whole assembly, not just clear plastic or it will break).

Hm wait thats how it is on my non-sunroof. Since you have maplights you probably have a sunroof version which may be different.

TomPierce
03-11-2010, 01:16 PM
Removal with sunroof

Disconnect the negative battery cable.

Insert a suitable tool into slot and pry the sunroof switch assembly down. Disengage the retainers from the sunroof switch assembly. Pivot the sunroof switch assembly down to remove the sunroof switch assembly from the dome lamp assembly.

Remove the 2 dome lamp assembly to roof retaining screws. Grasp the dome lamp assembly and pull downwards to remove the dome lamp assembly from the headliner assembly.

-Ray-
03-11-2010, 01:26 PM
Here's a pic to help you out.

DZG8GT
04-04-2010, 03:23 PM
Thanks guys...sorry I did not respond sooner as I forgot where I posted this. For the record I don't have a sunroof so turbomike directions will apply. :thumbsup: