PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous

HoldenSS
03-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Hi

1.How much nitrous can our g8 gt could handle(tranny and engine) ?
2.If I wanna spray should I spray through shifts or not ?

-Ray-
03-11-2010, 01:28 PM
There are several threads. Have you read through them yet?
I only ask, as they answer all the basic questions.

bwooten492
03-11-2010, 01:33 PM
1. I wouldn't do over 150.
2. No.

-Ray-
03-11-2010, 01:39 PM
1. I wouldn't do over 150.
2. No.

That settles that. LOL

HoldenSS
03-12-2010, 01:11 AM
lol thanks but I thought we could go 200 shot with stock engine and tranny

Devilish34
03-12-2010, 04:00 AM
go for it

MGM GT
03-12-2010, 05:44 AM
go for it

Haha then we'll have another nitrous oops thread like one of our unlucky members...

HoldenSS
03-12-2010, 10:52 AM
Haha then we'll have another nitrous oops thread like one of our unlucky members...

So you are running a zex kit what shot did go with and did you use a controller/switch

MGM GT
03-12-2010, 11:13 AM
So you are running a zex kit what shot did go with and did you use a controller/switch

Yes, the Zex wet kits comes with pretty much everything you need (to include the controller/switch) except for a bottle heater (about $100 more and worth it). I messed with it for 50-100 shots on my previous setup and 75 seemed about perfect. Just depends on how much traction you have, your tune, etc..

09gtt
03-12-2010, 12:02 PM
I have the Harris speedwrks plate kit and it works great. They always run specials and have great prices. I run a 100 shot and it works great. I order the nano kit so I don't have to worry about a bottle heater. I'll keep u posted how this works when I get it installed.

MGM GT
03-12-2010, 12:04 PM
I have the Harris speedwrks plate kit and it works great. They always run specials and have great prices. I run a 100 shot and it works great. I order the nano kit so I don't have to worry about a bottle heater. I'll keep u posted how this works when I get it installed.

Thats another good option... Harris is great deal when its on sale and the plate is a cleaner install.

HoldenSS
03-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Yes, the Zex wet kits comes with pretty much everything you need (to include the controller/switch) except for a bottle heater (about $100 more and worth it). I messed with it for 50-100 shots on my previous setup and 75 seemed about perfect. Just depends on how much traction you have, your tune, etc..

Why dont you spray 125-150 shot ?
So Zex is a multi fogger ?
no offence dude but 50 is useless I dont think people now spray a 50 shot you really dont feel it

you are running HSW wet plate kit without a heater or controller/switch ?
Can you tell me more about the how nano kit works ?
thanls

MGM GT
03-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Why dont you spray 125-150 shot ?
So Zex is a multi fogger ?
no offence dude but 50 is useless I dont think people now spray a 50 shot you really dont feel it

Because I have no desire to blow my shit up or get kicked off the track. No offense dude but if you can't feel an instantly applied 50whp then your butt dyno is officially broken! If you want to go spraying your car 125-150-200 or whatever you want on a stock engine knock yourself out... just dont cry when it breaks.

The Zex kit for the G8 is a single fogger with a controller box and a mounting braket to place it next to the fuse box.

HoldenSS
03-12-2010, 04:47 PM
Because I have no desire to blow my shit up or get kicked off the track. No offense dude but if you can't feel an instantly applied 50whp then your butt dyno is officially broken! If you want to go spraying your car 125-150-200 or whatever you want on a stock engine knock yourself out... just dont cry when it breaks.

The Zex kit for the G8 is a single fogger with a controller box and a mounting braket to place it next to the fuse box.

A 50 shot doesnt mean 50whp maybe 30-45whp max because its a single fogger not like a plate system
If I wanna spray my max shot would be 100-125 I think our ls2 block could handle 100-150 or more because ls1 is proven to handle a 150 shot safely
Do you spray through shifts ?
what gears are you spraying ?

thanks

MGM GT
03-12-2010, 05:23 PM
A 50 shot doesnt mean 50whp maybe 30-45whp max because its a single fogger not like a plate system
If I wanna spray my max shot would be 100-125 I think our ls2 block could handle 100-150 or more because ls1 is proven to handle a 150 shot safely
Do you spray through shifts ?

thanks

I size my shots based on whp... as do most people except for some manufacturers. If you use the jets out of the box then yes some are based on crank hp, just depends on how you want to set it up. I'm sure the block can take plenty... it's just how long you want it to take it because it won't be forever.

I don't spray through shifts and so far I've only needed to tap the juice in third. If I sprayed a 100 through 2nd, 3rd, and 4th I'm confident I would be in the 10's but I have to wait until a track rental to find out.

Your questions are odd because you ask our opinion, and we give it to you but then you turn around and act like you know it all answering your own questions, make up your mind haha.

09gtt
03-12-2010, 05:49 PM
I have a window switch and wide open throttle. I don't have a bottle heater at the moment because I was saving up for the nano. The nano is nitrogen assisted. With the nano kit all u do is activate the nitrous and ur bottle pressure is instantly at a 1000psi. They say it hits 25% harder than just having a heater. When I go get the nano installed we r gonna run a 75 shot so we don't have to adjust the tune. My car is tuned for the nitrous so I don't want to pull anymore timing and lose power n/a. I don't spray through the shifts either on at 3350 off at 6250 n I don't spray out of the hole for traction reasons. Why don't u just go buy a kit and spray a 200 shot and give us the results.

travis gore
03-13-2010, 03:25 AM
http://Forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=1271

read this

HoldenSS
03-13-2010, 03:45 AM
I size my shots based on whp... as do most people except for some manufacturers. If you use the jets out of the box then yes some are based on crank hp, just depends on how you want to set it up. I'm sure the block can take plenty... it's just how long you want it to take it because it won't be forever.

I don't spray through shifts and so far I've only needed to tap the juice in third. If I sprayed a 100 through 2nd, 3rd, and 4th I'm confident I would be in the 10's but I have to wait until a track rental to find out.

Your questions are odd because you ask our opinion, and we give it to you but then you turn around and act like you know it all answering your own questions, make up your mind haha.

LOL thanks
I know that I am not an expert with nitrous nor a newbie but I like hearing opinions

I have a window switch and wide open throttle. I don't have a bottle heater at the moment because I was saving up for the nano. The nano is nitrogen assisted. With the nano kit all u do is activate the nitrous and ur bottle pressure is instantly at a 1000psi. They say it hits 25% harder than just having a heater. When I go get the nano installed we r gonna run a 75 shot so we don't have to adjust the tune. My car is tuned for the nitrous so I don't want to pull anymore timing and lose power n/a. I don't spray through the shifts either on at 3350 off at 6250 n I don't spray out of the hole for traction reasons. Why don't u just go buy a kit and spray a 200 shot and give us the results.

LOL I don't wanna be the first who sprayed a 200 shot on a stock motor and I don't like to try so not going to happen at all but I have decided to go for the HSW wet plate system with the HSW all out kit that comes with everything and I will spray a 100 shot

09gtt
03-13-2010, 05:14 AM
Everyone but first. Next time Im at the track I gonna try spraying it out of the hole a couple times and see what happens. Good choice on the plate kit.

HoldenSS
03-13-2010, 06:53 AM
Everyone but first. Next time Im at the track I gonna try spraying it out of the hole a couple times and see what happens. Good choice on the plate kit.

you will spray all the way ?

MGM GT
03-13-2010, 08:32 AM

I'm just curious as your spraying 100 on a cammed G8 down the track and your 60' is ok but your MPH seems wayyy low for that.

09gtt
03-13-2010, 10:23 AM
[QUOTE=MGM GT;228109]I'm just curious as your spraying 100 on a cammed G8 down the track and your 60' is ok but your MPH seems wayyy low for that.[/

the track mph Is 3-4 mph off. This is what one of the track officials told us last time we were there. It's only off in the right lane and it just so happens the left lane was closed last time I was there. Since I don't know exactly how off it is I just put the mph that's on my slip down.

HoldenSS
03-13-2010, 11:12 AM
So why dont you spray just into 2,3 and 4th instead all the way ?

09gtt
03-13-2010, 11:31 AM
So why dont you spray just into 2,3 and 4th instead all the way ?

That's what I did in my 1/4 mile runs. I've sprayed it all the way to 6th before on the hwy a couple of times.

HoldenSS
03-13-2010, 12:26 PM
That's what I did in my 1/4 mile runs. I've sprayed it all the way to 6th before on the hwy a couple of times.

you are spraying 1st and 6th thats gonna be hard on the tranny is you tranny stock ?

09gtt
03-13-2010, 12:44 PM
you are spraying 1st and 6th thats gonna be hard on the tranny is you tranny stock ?

Are u put here just to confuse me? Ive explained 3 or 4 different times when I spray. :bang:

MGM GT
03-13-2010, 12:56 PM

wow your pistons hate you! Haha I would never spray in overdrive gears.

09gtt
03-13-2010, 01:31 PM

I asked my mechanic about this and he said it would be fine. I haven't had any problems yet. I guess it only takes 1 time with nitrous then you got a big problem.

HoldenSS
03-13-2010, 01:34 PM
Are u put here just to confuse me? Ive explained 3 or 4 different times when I spray. :bang:

HAHA
LoL no but you said that you spray 1st to 6th and I just said thats really bad
:thumbsup:

haha LOL
that what I said I think there are going to die maybe u know they suffered alot

09gtt
03-13-2010, 01:39 PM
I've never said I sprayed in first. I've sprayed it on the hwy from 3-6th actually 1 time and from 3rd to 5th a couple of times. I think it's gonna be fine.

09gtt
03-13-2010, 01:43 PM
I'm still a rookie at this nitrous shit. So I guess I should only spray to 4th? Ok I'm a dumbass I just looked at my window switch and it has 5th and 6th locked out. I guess that's a good thing.

HoldenSS
03-13-2010, 02:10 PM
I'm still a rookie at this nitrous shit. So I guess I should only spray to 4th? Ok I'm a dumbass I just looked at my window switch and it has 5th and 6th locked out. I guess that's a good thing.

You should only 2nd ,3rd and 4th do not spray 1st and (5th or 6th) overdrive gears

2StepsAhead
03-13-2010, 02:15 PM
Hey, can any of you guys running a plate take some pics of the tb/plate setup for me? I see on the hsw site it says may require trimming of the intake and flipping the tb a little. Just wondering how it looks.

09gtt
03-13-2010, 02:25 PM
You should only 2nd ,3rd and 4th do not spray 1st and (5th or 6th) overdrive gears

I guess that's why my mechanic locked out 5,6th. 1st is also locked out but I asked him to do that. Thanks for the info.

who?me?
03-13-2010, 05:16 PM
what if you were ever racing from a roll and were starting at high mph? I've seen videos where people do this and spray. So they were doing a big no no?

MGM GT
03-13-2010, 05:54 PM
what if you were ever racing from a roll and were starting at high mph? I've seen videos where people do this and spray. So they were doing a big no no?

Considering 4th goes to 160... 5th goes to 200 so I have no idea why you would spray 6th... You roll racing to 250? haha

who?me?
03-13-2010, 10:03 PM
I see. I guess I didnt acutally stop to think about how high the gears get up to. good point.