PDA

View Full Version : 1900 install question

gr8lover
03-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Installing 1900 right now and cant set on the motor due to a vent located to the left front ... am I supposed to remove and plug? Livernois did my cam and maybe I have a different lifter valley cover but the vent will not let it sit down all the way?

plug it? with what? any ideas?

GeoffA
03-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Pics?

gr8lover
03-09-2010, 06:58 PM
passenger front side--- no pics yet--- dont have camera now.. but it is the only vent in the center vallet cover in the front

GeoffA
03-09-2010, 06:59 PM
http://www.magnacharger.com/pdf/Manual_GM_Pontiac_G8_2008.pdf

VegasNate
03-09-2010, 07:03 PM
I had this problem too with mine. I had to get a valley cover from Magnacharger because the one installed with my Livernois cam package had the same issue.

gr8lover
03-09-2010, 07:18 PM
I had this problem too with mine. I had to get a valley cover from Magnacharger because the one installed with my Livernois cam package had the same issue.

Thanks--- I cant believe Livernois didnt let me know about this. I see what you mean... I will call Livernois in the morning and maybe they can help me out quickly. I am sure they will. Thanks much!!!!

Chuck

gr8lover
03-09-2010, 11:59 PM

Nate,

Thanks again!!! Did Magnacharger sell it to you or did you buy?? leadtime long?

Hey also, I am confused on this venting.... Now with the changes how are you all vented ??

Fresh air in the front passenger side, what about rear driver side..(livernois blocked mine.) should I unblock and run it somewhere? with the new cover... does it vent anywhere or is there no vent??? Thanks for any info you may have....

also I am thinking about doing a oil catch can... do you have one and... from and to where is it piped???

thanks man!!!

I cant wait to hear it purr..... seems like a million miles away yet...

edmanet
03-10-2010, 04:10 AM
Installing 1900 right now and cant set on the motor due to a vent located to the left front ... am I supposed to remove and plug? Livernois did my cam and maybe I have a different lifter valley cover but the vent will not let it sit down all the way?

plug it? with what? any ideas?

I see in your sig you're going to run DRs on 17" CCWs. Are you getting the drag pack or just a normal set of rims ?? I only ask because John at CCW highly reccomended the 16" setup to me because of the larger sidewall.

BigV8
03-10-2010, 05:59 AM
I guess the 1900 does not come with a new valley cover like the 2300.The instruction should tell you about the routing, plus have a diagram. At least the 2300 did.

VegasNate
03-10-2010, 06:19 AM
Nate,

Thanks again!!! Did Magnacharger sell it to you or did you buy?? leadtime long?

Hey also, I am confused on this venting.... Now with the changes how are you all vented ??

Fresh air in the front passenger side, what about rear driver side..(livernois blocked mine.) should I unblock and run it somewhere? with the new cover... does it vent anywhere or is there no vent??? Thanks for any info you may have....

also I am thinking about doing a oil catch can... do you have one and... from and to where is it piped???

thanks man!!!

I cant wait to hear it purr..... seems like a million miles away yet...

I didn't do the install myself so I don't know all the details. I lucked out when mine was being installed at LEP because a rep from Magnacharger was coming out to Vegas the next day and brought the cover with him to the shop. I did have to buy it from them.

norm8332
03-10-2010, 07:08 AM
Try this :

http://forum.grrrr8.net/showpost.php?p=226368&postcount=3

gr8lover
03-10-2010, 08:31 AM
I see in your sig you're going to run DRs on 17" CCWs. Are you getting the drag pack or just a normal set of rims ?? I only ask because John at CCW highly reccomended the 16" setup to me because of the larger sidewall.

I jhust got the rears only. I might go with the fronts someday but the $$ for slotted for other stuff..

They were running a deal on these wheels because I guess someone on here originally ordered them and then changed their mind to go with the 16". He had them sitting around awhile and gave me a pretty good deal for these. From what I remember I think he actually mentioned I really should get the 16" wheels but I was worried about interference with my BMR and stuff and didnt want to worry about it. Maybe after more guys get the 16" and work it out, then I will also go that way. But for now I think these should really help me compared to the stock tires :)

Let me know how you end up going and how it turns out--- I am interested!

gr8lover
03-10-2010, 08:32 AM
Try this :

http://forum.grrrr8.net/showpost.php?p=226368&postcount=3

Thanks Norm... this was exactly what I needed!! Thanks-- I feel better about this now. I think I am going to end up grinding a bit off and welding it shut just to have extra room and the welding is fun sometimes....

Horn09
03-10-2010, 05:31 PM
pcv on stock valley cover must not be in the way, I am guessing...

edmanet
03-11-2010, 02:44 PM
I jhust got the rears only. I might go with the fronts someday but the $$ for slotted for other stuff..

They were running a deal on these wheels because I guess someone on here originally ordered them and then changed their mind to go with the 16". He had them sitting around awhile and gave me a pretty good deal for these. From what I remember I think he actually mentioned I really should get the 16" wheels but I was worried about interference with my BMR and stuff and didnt want to worry about it. Maybe after more guys get the 16" and work it out, then I will also go that way. But for now I think these should really help me compared to the stock tires :)

Let me know how you end up going and how it turns out--- I am interested!

If those are Classic CCW rims those were mine. I was on both sides of the fence.....16 or 17....16 or 17. I have the classic drag pack 16" rears and 17" fronts.

The 16s won't fit over the BMR trailing arms. Ask me how I know.

http://mystudios.com/g8/cecil2801.jpg

Link

STL_G8GT
03-16-2010, 08:04 AM
Chuck... how's the install coming!?

gr8lover
03-16-2010, 05:54 PM
If those are Classic CCW rims those were mine. I was on both sides of the fence.....16 or 17....16 or 17. I have the classic drag pack 16" rears and 17" fronts.

The 16s won't fit over the BMR trailing arms. Ask me how I know.

Link

Yep- I think they were yours- I think that is what the guy from CCW said. I hope these work out well for me... I think they will, but the 16" would have been better, but I think these will be good enough for me for the time being. I guess I have to say "Thanks" for getting these wheels made for me :cheers:

gr8lover
03-16-2010, 06:02 PM
Chuck... how's the install coming!?

The install is complete and really wasnt that bad. If they say it takes 8 hours I think they are crazy unless you are a full blown mechanic and know exactly what you are doing. For example, by dropping stuff and looking for small things like radiator hose clips I spent at least 2 hours total time just for that. The valley cover was an issue and my would not fit with the new cover that was installed with the cam. Just would not fit- Norm's fit but mine would not!!! (just by a hair). Ended up welding it and grinding it off.
I think I would be much better the second time around. The Maggie instructions were ok but some of it had mixed around instructions... I think I took of the TB about 3 times throughout the install and the Fuel rails about 2-3 times.. Overall it is not that hard and would suggest it to people to do themselves to really learn it. I learned so much about the car with doing the maggie and the trans cooler that I feel 100% better about it.

We trailered the car to Livernois and they said it wont be done till end of next week. Cant wait till I get it back and hear the whine and see the smoke.---- STL-G8GT... hopefully your trans is still good for you-

STL_G8GT
03-17-2010, 08:17 PM
Chuck absolutely the Trans is working out... had a follow up conversation with the dealership the other day. Shifts like a dream! I'm excited about further possibilities... lookin to spend 3k this month on the car, I posted in the G8 L76 section if you want to offer your insight! (The guidance so far has come from you... thinking Livernois or VMS cam & 2800 stall!)