PDA

View Full Version : Do NOT buy from DDM Tuning

BrentAdams646
03-08-2010, 11:10 AM
Concerned about melting my fog light housings by installing the 35w 6000k HID kit, I decided to give DDM a call. They told me that they were 100% sure that they WOULD NOT MELT my housings. And in fact extremely rude about me asking the question. They told me that they have never heard of that problem. So I bought them. The saying, "You get what you pay for" is true here. The stuff from them is absolute garbage, no wonder the price is only 49 bucks.

When I go to install I can not get anything to work, come to find out, the new plug that plugs into the cars existing wiring harness is BACKWARDS, the freaking wires are installed backwards. So they explain to me to flip the plug on the ballast, when I do this, the plug doesnt clip into place, so I have to tape it, but now it works. Whatever.

Anyways when I got them in, they were on for 5 mins and it looked like they were melting so I removed them. Called them up this morning and they told me there was nothing they could do.

It's like YOU TOLD ME IT WOULD WORK, now it doesn't and your just telling me OH WELL. So as far as I am concerned screw DDM.

I don't buy cheap stuff for my car, never have never will, this stuff right here is trash, along with their customer service, and as far as i'm concerned anything else they deal with is garbage as well.

I'll be buying the headlight & fog kit from Spencerhid dot com.

AND I'll be sending them a link to this thread to show them how I feel about their products and customer service :suicide:

BigV8
03-08-2010, 11:41 AM
Crap, sorry that happened. There seems like a few people who have had some luck with the 35w in the fogs but i'm not sure what temp bulb they used. There is also some that have had problems, so that is why I played it safe and bought the 25w 3k bulbs. From what I've read They should have never told you they would work 100% and not melt. I also bought mine fron Spencers.

wnt2gofst
03-08-2010, 11:45 AM
Man sorry to hear this! But as you mention you get what you pay for. I am a firm believer of this.

Rubbabubi
03-08-2010, 01:11 PM
Pretty much with any HID setup in your fogs unless you go 25w, will melt your housing. I've bought 3 HID kits from DDM for 3 different cars, and I've never had a problem with them hooking up or melting the housing. Sorry that it didn't work out for you though. I know a buddy of mine found some HID lookalike bulbs that he used in his camry and it matched his 6000K HID headlights perfectly. I think the brand started with a B, but I'm not sure exactly what the brand is anymore.

Chewy
03-08-2010, 01:34 PM
You know JeTTT sells them too and Mike's a great guy to deal with...

I'm just saying... Supporting vendor and all....

Chris

justin13703
03-08-2010, 01:39 PM
I actually think I read somewhere on here that the backwards wiring thing was an issue on some of our cars, not an HID problem

NAiLs
03-08-2010, 02:59 PM
I too have not had a problem with DDM, but I won't buy a 35w kit after reading forum member's responses to a 35w kit. Some have luck, but most don't. I came here for my answer, not DDM as they won't know our cars as well as... well, us.

The reversal thing is not just their kit. I've purchased a couple other kits, for other cars, where I had to swap the two wires around. IMO, big deal. It took me all of 2 minutes to swap 'em.

Their customer service? I can't say it's the best by any means. I called them asking if they would have a 25w ballast, but got a snotty answer.

BigV8
03-08-2010, 04:11 PM
The last two posts are correct. I looked over the instructions with my Spencer Hids and it mentions that some car manufactures have reverse wires for the headlights.

CenTexSS
03-08-2010, 05:11 PM
I bought my brothers 35w 6k HID kit from DDM. It was good stuff, and I'd buy more from them. That's bad luck about your foglight, they shouldn't tell you it'll work if they're not 100% sure.

-Ray-
03-08-2010, 05:15 PM
Concerned about melting my fog light housings by installing the 35w 6000k HID kit, I decided to give DDM a call. They told me that they were 100% sure that they WOULD NOT MELT my housings. And in fact extremely rude about me asking the question. They told me that they have never heard of that problem. So I bought them. The saying, "You get what you pay for" is true here. The stuff from them is absolute garbage, no wonder the price is only 49 bucks.

When I go to install I can not get anything to work, come to find out, the new plug that plugs into the cars existing wiring harness is BACKWARDS, the freaking wires are installed backwards. So they explain to me to flip the plug on the ballast, when I do this, the plug doesnt clip into place, so I have to tape it, but now it works. Whatever.

Anyways when I got them in, they were on for 5 mins and it looked like they were melting so I removed them. Called them up this morning and they told me there was nothing they could do.

It's like YOU TOLD ME IT WOULD WORK, now it doesn't and your just telling me OH WELL. So as far as I am concerned screw DDM.

I don't buy cheap stuff for my car, never have never will, this stuff right here is trash, along with their customer service, and as far as i'm concerned anything else they deal with is garbage as well.

I'll be buying the headlight & fog kit from Spencerhid dot com.

AND I'll be sending them a link to this thread to show them how I feel about their products and customer service :suicide:

You have photo's of the melted lenses? I understand that you are upset. However, to keep this post you need to provide more proof.
Eventually this will get moved to the feedback forum.
It has been posted a couple times that our wires are reversed.

GRRRR8
03-08-2010, 05:17 PM
You have photo's of the melted lenses? I understand that you are upset. However, to keep this post you need to provide more proof.
Eventually this will get moved to the feedback forum.
It has been posted a couple times that our wires are reversed.

He is a local to me and I should be seeing the car soon enough.

-Ray-
03-08-2010, 05:18 PM
Good enough. :)

Adam
03-08-2010, 05:27 PM
No DDM for me. Too many issues in the past. I use a Spencers kit and it is amazing.

djchubbs
03-08-2010, 05:35 PM
It has absolutley nothing to do with ddm it is the polarity at which the lights on our car is configured.. I have dealt with ddm several times and there product is great...Whenever I have had problems with anything they have helped...If you melted your lenses either you didnt do your home work or you installed them wrong...

BrentAdams646
03-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Trust me guys, I read, I search, I read more, I call, I search. I saw that there were about 3 or 4 ppl that were running the same kit. 6000k, 35w, 5202 bulbs. So I called DDM. They told me 100% that they would work and that I wouldn't have any melting issues. My complaint is not so much on the melted housings, or the cheap quality, I mean they were 100 bucks for both sets. My biggest complaint is that they told me they would work. When they didn't. They in a way told me sorry buddy we can't help you. No refund. No help. So therefore, this thread was created. There is so much talk about all this HID stuff it makes my head spin. I don't understand why some guys can run the 35w kits with no problems. I'm just gonna do it right like I should have the first time and go with the Spencerhid.com kit. I never buy cheap parts so I guess it goes to say you get what you pay for.

SRG8
03-08-2010, 06:23 PM
You have to run 25watt ballast for the fog lights with regular HID bulbs. I don't have any issues with mine. Also DDM doesn't sell 25watt ballasts. I think I brought mine from Spencer HID.

JoeSyko
03-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Concerned about melting my fog light housings by installing the 35w 6000k HID kit, I decided to give DDM a call. They told me that they were 100% sure that they WOULD NOT MELT my housings. And in fact extremely rude about me asking the question. They told me that they have never heard of that problem. So I bought them.

:facepalm2:

No need to read any further. It looks like you had your warning shot but still decided to proceed. I won't give my business to anyone who is rude to me. Just sayin'.

Adam
03-08-2010, 07:26 PM
It has absolutley nothing to do with ddm it is the polarity at which the lights on our car is configured.. I have dealt with ddm several times and there product is great...Whenever I have had problems with anything they have helped...If you melted your lenses either you didnt do your home work or you installed them wrong...

Actually it has everything to do with them. I had a light issue that they would not even respond to. Then I had ordered from them, paid, never got the product. They said they had no record of a sale to me in their system, had to do a CC dispute, got the money back. Tried to give them one more shot and they were just rude, sent the wrong color and everything. I would not use them again. Tried 3 times and they failed all 3 times. Very poor service. Spencer's has been great to me every time I write Mr. Richardson. Great guy to deal with and I have yet to really read anything bad about him.

whiterp199
03-08-2010, 07:27 PM
:facepalm2:

No need to read any further. It looks like you had your warning shot but still decided to proceed. I won't give my business to anyone who is rude to me. Just sayin'.

Well said.

blackoutgt
03-08-2010, 11:24 PM
Hmmm... I'm glad I stumbled along this post. I've been studying for a business law class and this fits right in.

If DDM tuning offered you an oral assurance (think of it as an addition to the contract you entered into when you bought the lights) that their product would not cause an issue with the fog lamp housing and that in turn led you to believe nothing would truly go wrong, then they have committed a Material Breech of the contract (which just means that the performance that they ensured you was insufficient) and any damages that you, the injured party, received must be repaid by the damaging party, DDM tuning, including new fog light housing if yours were actually damaged. This also includes you send the lights back and they refund you the money for the HIDs you purchased.

Correct me if I'm wrong lawyers out there, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Rubbabubi
03-09-2010, 12:05 AM
Hmmm... I'm glad I stumbled along this post. I've been studying for a business law class and this fits right in.

If DDM tuning offered you an oral assurance (think of it as an addition to the contract you entered into when you bought the lights) that their product would not cause an issue with the fog lamp housing and that in turn led you to believe nothing would truly go wrong, then they have committed a Material Breech of the contract (which just means that the performance that they ensured you was insufficient) and any damages that you, the injured party, received must be repaid by the damaging party, DDM tuning, including new fog light housing if yours were actually damaged. This also includes you send the lights back and they refund you the money for the HIDs you purchased.

Correct me if I'm wrong lawyers out there, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.
I've taken some business law classes as well and I believe you are right, but the hard part is proving that DDM made an oral contract by saying they are 100% sure that it won't melt the housing. No where on their website do they state that 35w HID will not melt the housing. Unless the conversation was recorded by either party, it would be hard to prove.

blackoutgt
03-09-2010, 01:27 AM
I've taken some business law classes as well and I believe you are right, but the hard part is proving that DDM made an oral contract by saying they are 100% sure that it won't melt the housing. No where on their website do they state that 35w HID will not melt the housing. Unless the conversation was recorded by either party, it would be hard to prove.

Yes, especially without names of the employees. Just call them back and say the same thing, this time record the conversation. If anything, phone records would prove you made an attempt to call them about the product, and the lack of refund showed a denial. Whether or not they said it would 100% work, well that your word against theirs.

BigV8
03-09-2010, 05:41 AM
Yes, especially without names of the employees. Just call them back and say the same thing, this time record the conversation. If anything, phone records would prove you made an attempt to call them about the product, and the lack of refund showed a denial. Whether or not they said it would 100% work, well that your word against theirs.

Yes you can do that, but in some states you have to tell them you are recording the conversation.

Adam
03-09-2010, 05:55 AM
^ I believe as long as one party knows they are being recorded it is fine. Some crazy can't leave a recorder in the room in a meeting and not be there as it would not count for anything. However, if that same crazy was part of the meeting then he is present and aware of the recording which makes it valid. So only one party has to be aware. I know this from my Lemon Law case... Did not do it, just a question I asked the lawyer.

twenty2indubz
03-09-2010, 07:39 AM
Interesting! DDM told me the same thing about their fogs working in the G8’s and guaranteed they would work!

blackoutgt
03-09-2010, 10:33 AM
Interesting! DDM told me the same thing about their fogs working in the G8’s and guaranteed they would work!

Guaranteed they would work, or guarenteed they would not cause and damage such as a melting of the foglight housing? Because BrentAdams646 fog lights worked, the problem was that they caused damage.

twenty2indubz
03-09-2010, 11:00 AM
Guaranteed they would work, or guarenteed they would not cause and damage such as a melting of the foglight housing? Because BrentAdams646 fog lights worked, the problem was that they caused damage.

Guarenteed they would not cause and damage such as a melting of the foglight housing. Brent even explained the issues others were having and DDM still said he wouldn’t have those problems with their kit.

blackoutgt
03-09-2010, 12:54 PM
well, well then, two different accounts makes it a heck of a lot harder to prove they didn't say that.

Brent, I say you give them a call back.