PDA

View Full Version : Middle of 1900 install!!! first impressions/issues

gr8lover
03-06-2010, 10:21 PM
Started on my 1900 install today... havent been able to sleep for a week!!!. Sounded very easy to do, but for me it is taking a bit longer than expected. It seems every elec connection is different and had a hard time getting the connections apart-- took my time so as not to hurt them, but a bit longer than expected...

got everything off but now I cannot for the life of me get the Harmonic Balancer pulley off!!!!! I have to pull it and put the stock one back on and the bolt will just not come off!!!! Impact wrench doesnt have a chance!!!!

So I am kind of stopped for now. any ideas on how to get off??? I try to use a large wrench with breaker arm and all I do is end of turning pulley.

Might end up taking me two days to install. I feel like I have to be the slowest installer ever!!!! I guess the 2nd time would be much quicker.

Spring is near!!!

GeorgeInNePa
03-06-2010, 11:27 PM
Jack up the car and put it on stands. Pop off the plug at the bottom of the bell housing. Jam a prybar in the teeth of the flywheel or have someone hold it there.

Use a big breaker bar on the balancer bolt.

-Ray-
03-07-2010, 04:30 AM
...and relax.

gr8lover
03-07-2010, 01:09 PM
Thanks. I finally got it this morning by heating it up slightly and did what George said. It came off after that.

Last night it was getting really late and I guess I was a bit frustrated. But all is good today!!! Got my patience back! And a couple beers never hurt.