PDA

View Full Version : G8 Get together

Blackdevil77
10-28-2008, 02:26 PM
Ok now tell me honestly, how awsome would it be if we can get together one day for the summer and all meet up at a track? I want to try to get something together. A day during the summer, maybe may or June to go to a track and all meet up. I mean like Charlie, Paul, George, Tom and anyone that would be willing to go. First, we gotta find a location we can all get to. Then, make a date planned far ahead so we can plan for it like take off from work, mark it in the calender etc. Who would be in for this? Or is this too difficult to make happen?

wreckwriter
10-28-2008, 02:29 PM
We're awful widely scattered. Its a great idea but not terribly practical probably.

GRRRR8
10-28-2008, 02:34 PM
We would probably have to do something central/east coast located. For me I never know my schedule, but I guess anything is possible.

wreckwriter
10-28-2008, 02:36 PM
We would probably have to do something central/east coast located. For me I never know my schedule, but I guess anything is possible.

yea, I'm not totally saying no, just that it'll be tricky.

Blackdevil77
10-28-2008, 02:44 PM
it'll definitely be tricky but if we can pull it off, wow that would be a hell of a get together. That's why planning in advance is a beautiful thing. Yup it would have to be a central/east coast location. I'm guessing right in between east coast and the middle of the country would be good for us.

wreckwriter
10-28-2008, 02:46 PM
Georgia or Alabama I'd say. Maybe Southern Tennessee.

Blackdevil77
10-28-2008, 02:48 PM
Anyone of those id go to. As long as I know enough in advance, I can make the necessary preparations to go.

wreckwriter
10-28-2008, 02:48 PM
That's the trick, weather can be weird in Summer too.

Blackdevil77
10-28-2008, 02:54 PM
That's the trick, weather can be weird in Summer too.

true. To make things a bit easier (hopefully not more difficult lol) we can make a rain date for the next week. I can request off from work for both of those days and which-ever day we go, we go, and the day we don't, hey a random day off lol.

G8V8
10-28-2008, 02:54 PM
Key West!!!

wreckwriter
10-28-2008, 02:55 PM
true. To make things a bit easier (hopefully not more difficult lol) we can make a rain date for the next week. I can request off from work for both of those days and which-ever day we go, we go, and the day we don't, hey a random day off lol.

This is not a one day adventure unfortunately.

wreckwriter
10-28-2008, 02:56 PM
Key West!!!

We need a dragstrip! Nothing in Key Weird.

Blackdevil77
10-28-2008, 02:59 PM
This is not a one day adventure unfortunately.

yes true. It's on the drawing board right now. We gotta see if we can figure something out but this would really be great if we can do this. I'd take 3-4 days off and go on vacation and go to the strip on what-ever good day we have during that time lol. It's just a matter of how many other people can do that.

todds87ss
10-28-2008, 03:57 PM
Just an idea...last year I went on a cruise with a North Carolina GTO crew to the Tail of the Dragon. Very cool one day event, and could be much better when combined with a dragstrip day. We hit it in the fall and the scenery was outstanding.

edit: it was a very long trip from South Texas, but worth it!

wreckwriter
10-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Just an idea...last year I went on a cruise with a North Carolina GTO crew to the Tail of the Dragon. Very cool one day event, and could be much better when combined with a dragstrip day. We hit it in the fall and the scenery was outstanding.

I've heard of that, most cool they say.