PDA

View Full Version : Who had there fogs melt from 35W ?

kade7236
03-02-2010, 06:06 PM
A lot of talk about it but, ho has there fogs melted because of 35w HID? with proper 5202 bulbs

-Ray-
03-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Search?

kade7236
03-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Search?

ok

If you gone waist time to post something help, if not just don’t

-Ray-
03-02-2010, 06:35 PM
I'm going to let that slide. I don't search for just anybody.....and I do that plenty for this site. Maybe you just haven't noticed.

kade7236
03-02-2010, 06:38 PM
Let it slide ? look I now you’re a moderator, so what?

First I did the search and I read all the post I have 4 different post about different things about fogs.

Your job is to help and not bully people around!!!

I'm going to let that slide. I don't search for just anybody.....and I do that plenty for this site. Maybe you just haven't noticed.

-Ray-
03-02-2010, 06:41 PM
If asking you, if you searched is being a bully, you have some pretty thin skin. Your response was less than friendly.
When I say slide, it meant not to respond in kind.
BTW, my job is to help my customers as an application engineer. Being a moderator is not my job.

-Ray-
03-02-2010, 07:00 PM
http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=11109
Searching 24 pages of threads, this is the only relative thread.
Seems as if people would put tags in their threads it would be easier to find shit. BTW, this only took me 3 minutes to seach all 24 pages for the word "fog"

You FIB's are touchy.

DRCUSTOMPARTS
03-02-2010, 07:24 PM
It seems to me you wouldn't have asked such a silly question if you knew people were having the problem, so I'm sure you know the answer. 25 watt HID's are the only way to go if you don't want to melt the foglight housings.

polo
03-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Wow, you never know what's going to be going on in a thread until you click on it! LMAO :)

djchubbs
03-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Better watch it there are alot of people on this forum that will really go out of their way to help another member if your not a dick... Especially G8 Ray and the other moderators...

:playnice::punch::finger:

justin13703
03-02-2010, 07:53 PM
Im not gonna say they wont melt yours, but Ive had the ddm 6000K 35 watt kit in my fogs for over 6 months and have had absolutely no melting, discoloration, or smoking issues. I also run them all the time for over 45 minutes or an hour straight. So if they were going to melt, they would of already. I think if anyones melted, it is because of a problem with the kit they used or the way they were installed. I hear alot of people saying "35 watt fogs WILL melt your housings". But the people saying all that usually dont even have HIDs, but I do, and I can honestly say I have never had an issue.

DRCUSTOMPARTS
03-02-2010, 08:05 PM
35 watt HID's will melt the foglights, it's happened to a lot of members on the other board. Just wait until it gets hot outside this summer and then see if yours don't.

justin13703
03-02-2010, 08:27 PM
35 watt HID's will melt the foglights, it's happened to a lot of members on the other board. Just wait until it gets hot outside this summer and then see if yours don't.

Well, if they do, Ill get some new housings and put 25 watt ones in there. Ive had em since july or august and it was pretty warm back then. I might be stubborn but I like to find things out for myself. :) And Ive seen from looking around on here there are about as many people with 35 watts that dont melt. Thats why I dont tell people that it wont melt theirs, I just say that mine haven't.

confused2much
03-03-2010, 06:01 AM
I've also seen a few people that have posted that the 25W were starting to melt their housings too. LED fogs seem to be the only way to get the HID look without any consequences....but at the cost of light output.

mtolivecracker
03-03-2010, 07:10 AM
I've also seen a few people that have posted that the 25W were starting to melt their housings too. LED fogs seem to be the only way to get the HID look without any consequences....but at the cost of light output.

that breaks my heart.

kade7236
03-04-2010, 07:31 PM

This is why I started this post there is no one person so far that had that happen to them, every one says "I her some one had a problem" where is that some one ?

kade7236
03-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Im not gonna say they wont melt yours, but Ive had the ddm 6000K 35 watt kit in my fogs for over 6 months and have had absolutely no melting, discoloration, or smoking issues. I also run them all the time for over 45 minutes or an hour straight. So if they were going to melt, they would of already. I think if anyones melted, it is because of a problem with the kit they used or the way they were installed. I hear alot of people saying "35 watt fogs WILL melt your housings". But the people saying all that usually dont even have HIDs, but I do, and I can honestly say I have never had an issue.

:cheers:

DRCUSTOMPARTS
03-04-2010, 07:45 PM
This is why I started this post there is no one person so far that had that happen to them, every one says "I her some one had a problem" where is that some one ?
Someone doesn't need to come forward to prove that what you read or what we say is true. Do you think people lie about their experiences here?

I found these on Ebay, it seems like they shouldn't melt the housings because they are the same wattage as the stock bulbs. Buy a set and try them and let us know how they work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380209052403&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

confused2much
03-04-2010, 07:52 PM

So it's like that huh? Fine I'll do the leg work for you since you had to quote me and all. By the way, it only took me 3 minutes to find this.

Read the whole thread if you'd like or just skip to post #23: http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29725&highlight=25w+fog&page=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekprz
I am using the 5202 bulb with a 25W ballast 8000K color

I am using the same exact setup you are and I have a little melting.. Its not much but its there... Rican219 has your same setup and also he has melting... I will take a pic tomorrow and post.. I bought 2 new housing I put 1 in and 3 days later u could see it started to melt a little.. like i said its not bad u cant see the melting until u bend down and look up on the inside of housing... I have had mine in for a couple months now and they are fine...I bought a couple extra housing so i can change out if need be..

DRCUSTOMPARTS
03-04-2010, 07:55 PM
Just let the guy find out for himself since he doesn't believe what he reads.

justin13703
03-04-2010, 09:14 PM
I think there's a little too much hostility going on about this. The whole car thing is about NOT doing what everyone else does. If everyone followed what everyone else said and did, I think the whole car community would suck pretty bad. Im not trying to start a bunch of crap with anyone, or say anyone was right or wrong, I was just saying that just as a couple of people have had their housings melt, mine havent. And it might seem like it happens more often because you are more likely to post about it if your housings get melted. If they dont, you're not gonna post about how they didn't. There may be plenty of people with 35 watt fogs that you dont hear about because they have no problems. Just like mine. And personally I dont think these cars have even been around long enough to even give a definite "yes" or "no" to this question. You find that out by trial and error. If mine ever melt, I will be glad to post on here that it happened.

kade7236
03-07-2010, 06:48 PM
I think there's a little too much hostility going on about this. The whole car thing is about NOT doing what everyone else does. If everyone followed what everyone else said and did, I think the whole car community would suck pretty bad. Im not trying to start a bunch of crap with anyone, or say anyone was right or wrong, I was just saying that just as a couple of people have had their housings melt, mine havent. And it might seem like it happens more often because you are more likely to post about it if your housings get melted. If they dont, you're not gonna post about how they didn't. There may be plenty of people with 35 watt fogs that you dont hear about because they have no problems. Just like mine. And personally I dont think these cars have even been around long enough to even give a definite "yes" or "no" to this question. You find that out by trial and error. If mine ever melt, I will be glad to post on here that it happened.

confused2much
03-07-2010, 07:16 PM

kade7236
03-07-2010, 07:42 PM

I believe in what I read as much as i believe in any other Sci-Fi book people believe in :loser:

justin13703
03-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Lol okay okay guys its all good. Lets not get too upset at each other over such a small topic. Remember we're here to help each other. Not argue...

GTPprix
03-08-2010, 04:18 AM
Mine melted... TWICE.

confused2much
03-08-2010, 04:43 AM
I believe in what I read as much as i believe in any other Sci-Fi book people believe in :loser:

Then honestly, why are you here reading if it's all so unbelievable? lol

kade7236
03-08-2010, 12:02 PM
Then honestly, why are you here reading if it's all so unbelievable? lol

I spend all my $ on car and parts, this is the best free entertainment :cheers:

rez0nance
03-08-2010, 01:47 PM
The whole car thing is about NOT doing what everyone else does. If everyone followed what everyone else said and did, I think the whole car community would suck pretty bad.

Brilliant. Hey here's a great idea to be different: pour water into your fuel tank instead of gasoline. Why follow the trend right? Let's be rebels!

If there are multiple reports of something causing damage to a car, there's a term for that: empirical evidence. If you decide the laws of physics obviously don't apply to you because you wear your sunglasses at night, then you deserve the fruits of your intellectual negligence.

Have a great time melting your housings, precious.

I just never cease to be amazed by what I read on forums...

KaiserM715
03-08-2010, 02:08 PM

You MUST be trying to start a flame war if you are insinuating what I think you are. If you want to start dragging people's religious beliefs through the mud, go do it somewhere else.

polo
03-08-2010, 02:21 PM
You MUST be trying to start a flame war if you are insinuating what I think you are. If you want to start dragging people's religious beliefs through the mud, go do it somewhere else.

I really don't think he meant that the way you took it.
BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

kade7236
03-08-2010, 05:43 PM
I really don't think he meant that the way you took it.
BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

your right :cheers:

DRCUSTOMPARTS
03-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Oh so you just say things to stir up the pot? By the way, this is reality NOT science fiction.

-Ray-
03-09-2010, 03:33 AM
Looks like you got a better than 50 percent chance you'll melt the housings.

justin13703
03-09-2010, 08:44 PM
Brilliant. Hey here's a great idea to be different: pour water into your fuel tank instead of gasoline. Why follow the trend right? Let's be rebels!

If there are multiple reports of something causing damage to a car, there's a term for that: empirical evidence. If you decide the laws of physics obviously don't apply to you because you wear your sunglasses at night, then you deserve the fruits of your intellectual negligence.

rezonance, chill. I didnt say mine werent going to melt because im the shit. In fact I didnt even say that mine weren't going to melt. It has nothing to do with "intellectual negligence". You must be forgetting the fact that I have had these for going on 9 months, and all I said was that I havent had any problems with them so far. I also made it clear that I was not saying everyone will have such good luck with them. I completely agree with G8Ray when he said there is over 50% chance they will melt. I bought them before I knew of the melting isue, so they will stay in there unless I have problems. and like I said I will be glad to tell everyone about it if I do.