PDA

View Full Version : POCI annual convention- July 6-10 Charleston WV

wreckwriter
03-01-2010, 07:24 AM
POCI, the Pontiac-Oakland Club International, is holding their annual convention on July 6-10 2010 in Charleston WV. Info on the club can be found at http://poci.org/ , convention info at http://www.poci.org/POCI_Annual_Convention.cfm?PT=C .

There will be car shows, drag racing and much more. Mark your calendars and come visit our beautiful Mountain State!

BlueJacket
03-01-2010, 07:29 AM
I cross posted this in the Great Lakes area.

wreckwriter
03-01-2010, 07:35 AM
Cool, thanks! Would be great to have a good turnout of G8s!

BlueJacket
03-01-2010, 08:09 AM
I would like to go, but with Pontiac and GM Nationals around the same time I am not sure I can make it.

bracketracer
04-23-2010, 02:43 PM
I have already registered and will be coming all the way from WI. I assume you will be there too wreckwriter, so I look forward to meeting you! Hopefully we'll have plenty of other G8s as well.

wreckwriter
04-23-2010, 03:02 PM
I have already registered and will be coming all the way from WI. I assume you will be there too wreckwriter, so I look forward to meeting you! Hopefully we'll have plenty of other G8s as well.

If nothing else, I'll see you on drag day :)

MIEngineer
05-20-2010, 07:11 PM
I think there is an Avalanche meet that same weekend in Detroit...otherwise I'd consider it.

N2G8GXP
05-23-2010, 08:32 AM
Since we live in WV would be there, but we have a grandson scheduled to arrive first week of July! Our daughter is having C-Section that week, maybe next time!
Debbie

Seattle09GT
05-23-2010, 11:12 AM
I think there is an Avalanche meet that same weekend in Detroit...otherwise I'd consider it.

The Chevy Avalanche Club's national meet is an interesting format this year. Instead of meeting in one national location, due to the cost of gas, and the recession, they are coordinated local events going on on the same weekend all around the country. They should get a lot of participation.

Seattle09GT
05-23-2010, 11:13 AM
I'm curious if anyone is a member of POCI. I'm thinking of joining because of their charter and the fact that Oakland/Pontiac is dead as a brand now, and the preservation of the existing cars from an enthusiast and historical stand point has become more important. Thoughts of anyone who are members (or is anyone a member)

wreckwriter
05-23-2010, 11:18 AM
I'm a member. Its a good club, nice mag every month, good active people (here at least). Members here tend to be older guys.

wreckwriter
05-23-2010, 11:19 AM
A Grandson is a legitimate excuse; an ugly truck meeting is not! :D

Seattle09GT
05-23-2010, 11:32 AM
I'm a member. Its a good club, nice mag every month, good active people (here at least). Members here tend to be older guys.

Ya, the members I've met here definitely seem to trend to be the white hair set - of course I'm not that far away in the white hair department, but at least I have hair!

bracketracer
06-29-2010, 02:32 PM
I am a POCI member too, and I like the club. I have meant to join for 20+ years, and finally got around to it late last year. I leave for the 650 mile drive a week from tomorrow night. I'm really looking forward to it! I look forward to seeing you at the track wreckwriter! I am officially no longer completely stock though. I installed my BMR non-adjustable toe rods, trailing arms, and poly cradle bushings last weekend. I didn't manage to get the diff bushings in yet. I'm anxious to see what they will do for my 60 fts. Since the racing is only 1/8 mile, I don't think that it will allow a GXP to shine as much, because they really pull on the top-end.

wreckwriter
07-06-2010, 01:45 PM
If I can't get these fuckin axles in before Thursday night I won't be making it to track day.

bracketracer
07-06-2010, 08:16 PM
Hey wreckwriter, good luck with the axles! I really hope you will be there for the race. The weather is sounding a little "iffy" but I am keeping my fingers crossed. Hope to see you and others there! I will arrive in about 36 hours.

bracketracer
07-13-2010, 11:56 AM
Well racing got rained out, so you didn't miss anything there. The car show was nice, but it's a shame that the Late Modern Era (1990-2010 All Pontiacs & GMCs except GTO, Firebird, and Grand Prix) got stuck all the way at the end of the road about 1.5 miles from the main festivities. Many folks didn't bother to walk that far. There were 4 G8s total in the show. An MGM GT with 19's entered in "Road Warrior," and a LR GT, a MGM GT with 18's, and I were in the Restored/Original class. The LR GT won class, and the MGM GT with 18's won a Distinguished Vehicle Award (top 33% of votes cast). I guess a plain white GXP didn't stand out enough in this field. I did see an '08 IOM GT in the Civic Center parking ramp, and an SRM GT in the host hotel parking ramp that weren't entered in the show also.

I still had a good time, met 2 more GXP owners (who weren't in the Registry yet), and lots of other great folks. Next year's POCI convention will be in Bowling Green, KY, and I'd love to see a bunch of G8s there. I would personnally love to have a GXP there in each of the 8 colors. I have White Hot covered, so who will have the other 7?

wreckwriter
07-13-2010, 12:31 PM
Car wasn't ready for race day (got it done that night) but I was going to go to the track to meet you until the rain started and they bagged it. KY isn't far :)

wreckwriter
03-31-2012, 08:11 PM
This event is long over; unsticking the thread.