PDA

View Full Version : Remote bottle pressure gauge?

2StepsAhead
02-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Looking to find a gauge so I can tell what pressure the bottle is at, something I could mount in the cabin so I dont have to fumble around in the trunk. I saw HSW's micro edge has a read out of how much is left in the bottle, but I don't see anything about the pressure.

Robert@KBXPerformance
02-27-2010, 09:44 PM
Do a google search for "electronic nitrous pressure gauge". That will yield you some results.

09gtt
02-27-2010, 10:00 PM
Thanks I'm looking for on of these as well. I just order the nano kit and it's supposed to have perfect bottle pressure right when u hit the switch. N they say u get almost twice as much out of a bottle because u use the entire contents of the bottle. I'll keep u posted on how it works. I've heard great things about it.

2StepsAhead
02-27-2010, 10:06 PM
I found a little digital one dunno if I trust it, nx has one but it's about $260 or more that's almost as much as the kit lol. I also found these nice trick gauges but they're $375+ a little rich for my blood. I'm really surprised the micro edge doesn't do this, it has an amazing array of features but I didn't see pressure listed.

Robert@KBXPerformance
02-28-2010, 02:30 PM
I'm really surprised the micro edge doesn't do this, it has an amazing array of features but I didn't see pressure listed.

That is because the microedge is a nitrous controller not a gauge setup. You don't really see any nitrous controllers with built in pressure gauges.

2StepsAhead
02-28-2010, 03:27 PM
Never said it was but I was just hoping that since it gives you "Display: Built in LCD display can show Progressive Build, Amount of Nitrous left in your Nitrous Bottle (Lbs. and %), RPM, A/F Ratio (mV for narrowband), TPS voltage, Battery Voltage, and Arming Switch Voltage." it would give pressure too...just wishful thinking.

rooster99ss
02-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Never said it was but I was just hoping that since it gives you "Display: Built in LCD display can show Progressive Build, Amount of Nitrous left in your Nitrous Bottle (Lbs. and %), RPM, A/F Ratio (mV for narrowband), TPS voltage, Battery Voltage, and Arming Switch Voltage." it would give pressure too...just wishful thinking.

man, those are expensive. if you have the cash, it's an awesome gauge to have, but if you're just looking for a simple remote nitrous gauge, just get an autometer and mount it on your a pillar or something. i think mine was about $200 or so for the gauge, and it's an electric gauge, so you just put an inline sensor somewhere in your nitrous line, and then run 2 small wires (about the size of speaker wire) to the gauge where ever you mount it. run the hot and ground for the gauge, and then you're done. very easy install