PDA

View Full Version : Completely Remove Glove Box - Help!

JayCo59
02-23-2010, 05:11 PM
Can anyone please help me with completely removing the glove box.

I want to install the Video and Audio connections to Aux 2 on the radio and in the pictures I see of this install it looks like the glove box is completely removed yet all the instructions seem to end with the glove box just hanging in the front (at least in my case) but still connected in the back. Do you need to remove any different screw to complete remove the Glove Box? I did the front screw removal and pulled the glove box out and get it to disconnect in the front but the back is still conected and the box is still pretty much in the way of the Aux 2 inputs. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I was going to give it a good pull but I did't want to break anything if I can help it.
Thx,
Jay

BlueJacket
02-23-2010, 05:22 PM
Not sure how to completely remove it but you should have no problem if you just drop the box. Not much to gain by removing the whole thing IMO.

GeoffA
02-23-2010, 07:03 PM
Here's my step by step

http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=9696&highlight=Video+park

TurboMike
02-23-2010, 10:08 PM
there are 7 screws holding it on:
-two in the front (under the plastic caps, one right over the trunk button)
-three along the top edge
-two under it (you need to remove the kick panel under the glovebox to see them)

Sounds like the missed the bottom two. The kick panel is held on with 6 clips. Use small screwdrivers to press in the clips and it comes off easy. You might be able to pull them out, but then you risk breaking one.

JayCo59
02-24-2010, 09:19 AM
Here's my step by step

http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=9696&highlight=Video+park

Your thread has the info I was missing. I need to remove the bottom Kick panel and remove the 2 other screws. Good thing I didn't "Just Pull".
Thx,
Jay

JayCo59
02-24-2010, 09:23 AM
there are 7 screws holding it on:
-two in the front (under the plastic caps, one right over the trunk button)
-three along the top edge
-two under it (you need to remove the kick panel under the glovebox to see them)

Sounds like the missed the bottom two. The kick panel is held on with 6 clips. Use small screwdrivers to press in the clips and it comes off easy. You might be able to pull them out, but then you risk breaking one.

TurboMike,
Your right-on with the missing two screws. your instructions confirm GeoffA's link.
Thx,
Jay