PDA

View Full Version : What the hey?

GN driver
02-22-2010, 06:36 PM
First, I am posting here because I couldn't see any other place to put it. So, I left my store the other night after starting my car with remote. It ran about 5 minutes before I went out and opened both doors with remote and put some stuff in the front passenger seat. Then I went around and got in the drivers side, put the key in and turned it on, let off the park brake and put the tran in drive. When I let my foot off the brake pedal the car started drifting backwards on this slight incline. The engine was running, the tran was in forward gear and I drifted back even tho giving it a little gas. Then I noticed a CEL. I put the car in park, turned it off and restarted the car. All is normal and it hasn't happened in two days since. Just weird. Any thoughts out there? Just in case, I have been driving for many, many years and this particular car for nearly two.

DRCUSTOMPARTS
02-22-2010, 07:07 PM
Our cars are like a PC with Windows, just restart it and the problem goes away. If the CEL hasn't come back on don't worry about it.

Call-Me-D
02-22-2010, 10:39 PM
Our cars are like a PC with Windows, just restart it and the problem goes away. If the CEL hasn't come back on don't worry about it.

Love the answer...... but its true. Lol

WickedMom
02-22-2010, 11:34 PM
oooor... have it scanned to see what is in history. Then you know what DID happen and how to prevent it or address it if it happens again.

96Prix
02-23-2010, 05:27 AM
Our cars are like a PC with Windows.

Did the windshield turn blue and suggest a restart? :thumbsup:

GN driver
02-23-2010, 06:51 PM
Did the windshield turn blue and suggest a restart? :thumbsup:
By jove, that's it. I forgot to mention that part!:cheers: