PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof power?

Kermit
10-26-2008, 05:31 PM
No sure if this should be in the Electronics section or not so forgive me if I was incorrect.

I was wondering why the sunroof losses power when the car is turned off.:lame:

On my Grand Prix, I still have power to all windows, radio and sunroof for up to 10 minutes after turning off the car just as long as I don't open any doors. On the G8, I like how anyone can get out and I still keep power to the radio just as long as the drivers door is not opened. But why does the sunroof and windows loose power when someone gets out just as long as it's not the driver?

Are there any electronic guru's out there that might be able to come up with some kind of mod? I'm sure it can be done because the Grand Prix keeps power to all items until a door is opened! Since the radio stays on when any door but the driver's is open on the G8, I'm thinking this power source could be hooked to the windows and sunroof also.

Thanks for all who took the time to read.

Steve

GRRRR8
10-26-2008, 05:38 PM
It might be able to be reprogrammed into the BCM, but I will have to ask someone that is on here if thats possible.

Kermit
10-27-2008, 03:35 AM
Good. :brock: Maybe there is hope after all!:clap:

99-LS1-SS
10-27-2008, 04:27 AM
I'm gonna subscribe to this thread since I'm used to that feature as well. I'll be interested to see what you find out.

Kermit
10-30-2008, 06:17 PM
Wanting to bump this up to see if anyone has come up with anything yet? :okay:

-Ray-
10-31-2008, 03:11 AM
The G6 crowd was talking about this with the convertible. The motors in the vert are battery killers, but I don't think the sunroof should be an issue.

Kermit
11-03-2008, 10:10 AM
It might be able to be reprogrammed into the BCM, but I will have to ask someone that is on here if thats possible.

Grrrr8,

Any chance on asking that "someone" that is on here about this yet? :whistle:

:theman:

norm8332
11-03-2008, 11:27 AM
You could splice into the same line that runs the windows if you had electrical experience. The wires are located on the drivers side just inboard of the door sill under a long plastic cover that meets the carpet.

Kermit
11-03-2008, 03:58 PM
You could splice into the same line that runs the windows if you had electrical experience. The wires are located on the drivers side just inboard of the door sill under a long plastic cover that meets the carpet.

This is exactly what I was thinking. If someone on here that had schematics and can figure it out, I would be more than happy to splice into a wire or two. :)

Kermit
11-12-2008, 05:14 PM
Bumping this up to see if anyone has been about to see which wires would need to be spliced into to make the sun roof work like the radio with the keys out.

GRRRR8
11-12-2008, 08:51 PM
Bumping this up to see if anyone has been about to see which wires would need to be spliced into to make the sun roof work like the radio with the keys out.

I will PM him and ask.