PDA

View Full Version : Need some immediate HID help please

stryker g8gt
02-20-2010, 10:15 AM
I have my HID kit installed, But neither light will come on.......I have the DDM 35w low beam kit. I have 12.8 v gong into the ballast and a lower voltage coming out wihich I think is right..... I read somewhere that some wires maybe crossed on these.....but I am not sure which ones and I have done a search and can not find that post.....I have checked the Blue and red wires after the ballast and the red wire does have power..... however once the wires are closer to the HID bulb they are just black so not sure if they could be crossed.........And do not just want to start cutting wires......by the way I did wear gloves while doing the install and HID were not bumped, dropped etc....

HELP my front is tore down and I hate to reinstall factory if it is something simple I fix now.....

THANKS

Snakey
02-20-2010, 10:36 AM
On mine I had to have one of the harnesses hooked up correctly and the other turned 180 degrees when looking at the harness to the bulb itself. That might help.

Also check your fuses, if you hooked up it the other way you might have popped them.

djchubbs
02-20-2010, 10:42 AM
Same problem I had to just like the other post spin the connector and they will work

stryker g8gt
02-20-2010, 11:36 AM
I see you have the 55w, I have the 35w

Could not get them to turn on.......Reviewed all of my connections, made sure they mated together correctly, rechecked all fuses they were all good, I had power coming out of the ballast and power out the red wire plugging into the final wire going the the HID bulb, they would just not turn on.... I put the car back together with factory bulb, and it all worked fine......the only thing I can figure is the HID bulbs are bad.. I hate wasting hours on a DIY like this just to end up no-where.

stryker g8gt
02-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Now I find this on Thier site.......I was afraid to switch this and fry something..'

"If you install your HID kit and they do not turn on you may have reverse polarity. What this means is the power and ground wires are your vehicles stock harness are reversed. What you will have to do is plug the harness connector into the ballast backwards. You will be plugging in the connector from your car into the kit backwards. This will not harm the vehicle or the kit.

Note: Reverse Polarity is an issue with the cars wiring not the HID kit. Some cars come from the factory wired in an orientation that is reversed when compared to the HID kit. When using stock halogen bulbs, polarity has no effect, therefore, some manufactures will have the power and ground wires opposite of the HID kit. Some manufactures will have reverse polarity more then others. A lot of GM models have reverse polarity."

Never fails

r1owner
02-20-2010, 03:03 PM
It's easy to do. The pins in the connectors pop right out. You have to look down the connector and you'll see the little catch. press that and the pin will come right out.

stryker g8gt
02-20-2010, 03:46 PM
I tried one when I got back a few minutes go it works with plugging it in backwards.....So I guess I will be removing the passanger side tire agian.........should be quick this time....lol

Snakey
02-20-2010, 06:35 PM
Glad you got it to work with changing the hook up. I had the same problem with the 55w kit when I did mine.

Do yourself a favor and use a metric ass ton of RTV silicone when sealing up the dust cover! My driver's side is fogged up like crazy and I thought I got it good. Passenger side is ok but gotta redo the driver's side.

djchubbs
02-20-2010, 09:54 PM
Why are you removing the tire just loosen up the fuse box and you can easily get it in.. And yes glue that bitch in like it aint ever coming out because they will fog...

Snakey
02-21-2010, 10:32 AM
I lucked out that my driver's side is the one that fogged. I'm hopeful that I can use a heat gun to get the moisture out. I REALLY do not want to pull the bumper off to bake the headlight in the oven! I'm going to have to do something though, the fog looks like ass and I can't stand it.

GTPprix
02-21-2010, 10:34 AM
IIRC I had to repin one (or both) of my harness for the HID's to swap the pins :\

r1owner
02-21-2010, 12:16 PM
I lucked out that my driver's side is the one that fogged. I'm hopeful that I can use a heat gun to get the moisture out. I REALLY do not want to pull the bumper off to bake the headlight in the oven! I'm going to have to do something though, the fog looks like ass and I can't stand it.

I took the insert out and put a fan on top of the radiator support and put it on high. It took all night, but it came out.

Snakey
02-21-2010, 12:27 PM
I took the insert out and put a fan on top of the radiator support and put it on high. It took all night, but it came out.

I might give this a shot. I figured if I took the bulb(s) out and used a heat gun to blow hot air into the light it would get rid of it. Any downsides to this thought?

whiterp199
02-21-2010, 02:33 PM
I might give this a shot. I figured if I took the bulb(s) out and used a heat gun to blow hot air into the light it would get rid of it. Any downsides to this thought?

Heat guns get hot. Just be careful not not to melt the plastic.

r1owner
02-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Yeah, I think I'd go with a hair dryer first.

768MPH
12-24-2013, 06:35 AM
Take a bottle of Rubbing Alcohol, pop TINY holes in the lid (or put in a spray bottle) mist the inside of your headlight with the alcohol.

Sit the car in the sun with headlight plug out or take a heat gun (being careful not to overheat). The alcohol will evaporate along with any moisture.

Or throw a bunch of rice in there. :D