PDA

View Full Version : Magnacharger leaking

Mbower
02-02-2010, 11:03 AM
So as some of you know I got my car supercharged in the beginning of january. When I got the car back it felt so much stronger than it did when I dropped it off so I was satisfied to say the least. So the more I drove the car it seemed to drive worse everyday. So I took it back down to tune time and they found out that the seal on the supercharger was broken and it was leaking so I was running lean and losing boost. So now they have to send it out to magnacharger to get fixed. Matt at tune time told me hes never seen this on a magnacharger but needless to say his service was great and he assured me that he would get it taken care of. So know I have no g8 for a while which really sucks :mad:.

GRRRR8
02-02-2010, 11:07 AM
So as some of you know I got my car supercharged in the beginning of january. When I got the car back it felt so much stronger than it did when I dropped it off so I was satisfied to say the least. So the more I drove the car it seemed to drive worse everyday. So I took it back down to tune time and they found out that the seal on the supercharger was broken and it was leaking so I was running lean and losing boost. So now they have to send it out to magnacharger to get fixed. Matt at tune time told me hes never seen this on a magnacharger but needless to say his service was great and he assured me that he would get it taken care of. So know I have no g8 for a while which really sucks :mad:.

That sucks Matt. I guess its time to dust off the X-BOX.

Mbower
02-02-2010, 11:09 AM
That sucks Matt. I guess its time to dust off the X-BOX.

hahah looks like it, figures this would happen to me of all people. First time heavily modding a car in my life and this happens : (

Kermit
02-02-2010, 11:17 AM
I'll take that Magi off your hands if you want. :) I can live with a leaky blower for awhile. LOL

Mbower
02-02-2010, 11:18 AM
I'll take that Magi off your hands if you want. :) I can live with a leaky blower for awhile. LOL

haha I think im just going to have it fixed :)

ETIDMotorsports
02-02-2010, 11:22 AM
Has anyone else heard of this problem? I've got a 1900 waiting to be installed and hope this isn't a recurring problem.

Mbower
02-02-2010, 11:23 AM
Has anyone else heard of this problem? I've got a 1900 waiting to be installed and hope this isn't a recurring problem.

I wouldn't worry I don't think its a recurring problem Matt at tune time has done a lot of maggies and he said this is the first one hes ever seen leak.

ETIDMotorsports
02-02-2010, 11:36 AM
I hope so. Like you this is my first highly modified car and everyone keeps telling me I'm dumb spending all this money because it will just break down. Really wanna prove them wrong lol

Mbower
02-02-2010, 11:41 AM
I hope so. Like you this is my first highly modified car and everyone keeps telling me I'm dumb spending all this money because it will just break down. Really wanna prove them wrong lol

you should be fine, let me say that with the car running lean and losing boost it was still a blast and would light them up from 40 with traction off.

norm8332
02-02-2010, 12:20 PM
I haven't had any problems with mine and I had it screaming on a 2.9" pulley with the stock cam.

Mbower
02-02-2010, 12:24 PM
I haven't had any problems with mine and I had it screaming on a 2.9" pulley with the stock cam.

Yea I think I just got unlucky i'm not worried about it. Its getting taken care of for no cost so I cant complain.

BoostedToy
02-03-2010, 08:03 PM

Can you elaborate on what specifically is leaking or broken?

Thanks

Mbower
02-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Can you elaborate on what specifically is leaking or broken?

Thanks

Ill call tune time tomorrow and get an answer.

BoostedToy
02-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Thanks! I have a Magnacharger as well.

Ktlplxm
02-04-2010, 02:19 PM
No issue on mine at all, and I'm moving a lot of air

Mbower
02-04-2010, 02:50 PM
No issue on mine at all, and I'm moving a lot of air

I think its just a simple defect from magnacharger nothing im to worried about. I think its leaking from the intercooler.

ETIDMotorsports
02-04-2010, 10:29 PM
you should be fine, let me say that with the car running lean and losing boost it was still a blast and would light them up from 40 with traction off.

Thats what I like to hear. Just out of curiosity are you using the tune that magna charger supplied or a custom one?

Mbower
02-05-2010, 07:56 AM
Thats what I like to hear. Just out of curiosity are you using the tune that magna charger supplied or a custom one?

custom tune..

norm8332
02-05-2010, 08:00 AM
So, it was the intercooler under the supercharger? Was it leaking coolant?

I always had a slight worry about that and hydro locking my engine.

Mbower
02-05-2010, 08:04 AM

Yes I believe it was the intercooler. When I pick the car up Ill get the whole story of what was wrong. I was kind of hoping magnacharger told him to fix it at tune time but they had him send it back out to Cali.

Ktlplxm
02-05-2010, 02:44 PM

If he was losing boost it should have been the seals around the intercooler, not the intercooler itself. If there had been any coolant loss into the chambers he should have seen white smoke long before he felt the loss

norm8332
02-08-2010, 06:16 AM
If he was losing boost it should have been the seals around the intercooler, not the intercooler itself. If there had been any coolant loss into the chambers he should have seen white smoke long before he felt the loss

Agreed.

gr8lover
02-25-2010, 05:33 PM
SO with your issue with the Maggie, is there a way to monitor it to see if there is an issue via dashhawk or something? I am about to put one on this weekend and just wondering what can you monitor over time to see if an issue is starting to brew??? Is it just if "it feels slower" or are there values you can record and watch to see the drop in power from some indicators???

norm8332
02-25-2010, 05:41 PM
SO with your issue with the Maggie, is there a way to monitor it to see if there is an issue via dashhawk or something? I am about to put one on this weekend and just wondering what can you monitor over time to see if an issue is starting to brew??? Is it just if "it feels slower" or are there values you can record and watch to see the drop in power from some indicators???

Might want to check your cats. Mine went bad and I lost some power once.

I have a boost gauge that would be low if their was a leak.

blue-mayhem
02-25-2010, 06:28 PM
Damn that really sucks. I have had mine for a year now with a 2.9 pulley. Well hope they fix it in a hurry.