PDA

View Full Version : Help me spend 500$ on go fast parts.

kade7236
02-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Help me spend 500$ on go fast parts.

I have a 09 GT with vararam intake and Catback Exhaust with X-pipe

Don’t know what to do lets see what you think

I would like every day power then just race day power like (nitrous bout it’s a possibility)

Chewy
02-01-2010, 12:34 PM
UDP is a cheap and free's up a bit... IMO the suspension is lacking and needs some focus.

BMR, Spohn and Pedders...

r33pwrd
02-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Heater hose mod & Under Drive Pulley

Kirk@VectorMotorsports
02-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Our tune is $349. The PowerFlash cable is an extra $250.

The tune is specific to your modifications.

The PowerFlash is not necessary, but it will allow you to return to stock or update at any time.

r33pwrd
02-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Shit I thought (assumed) you had a tune! YES this should be your next thing! No question about it.

It's A G8!
02-01-2010, 01:23 PM
HSRK = $100
160* thermostat = $25
Tune = $350

Chewy
02-01-2010, 02:06 PM
DO NOT do a stat if you live in a cold climate.

Tune FO SHO!

Devilish34
02-01-2010, 02:23 PM
If you are stumped send me the 500 I'll put to good use and tell you all about it.

But if you don't have one a tune esp a good trans tune. Just make sure they know what they are doing

GRRRR8
02-01-2010, 02:25 PM
Tune!

616 of 933
02-01-2010, 02:50 PM
tune's are a good think but if you plan on spend more money on parts then you will have to update your tune. subframe connectors and tunnel brace and find a set of rims and save for drag radials. Just my .02 cents.

familycaronROIDS!
02-01-2010, 04:28 PM
TUUUUUUUUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Custom for sure if not VMS or Cortex.....

G8GT721
02-01-2010, 05:33 PM
custom or Vector/Livernois tune!

you'll wish you did it sooner

kade7236
02-01-2010, 06:49 PM
I was thinking that I have to little modifications to make a tune worth it

kade7236
02-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Our tune is $349. The PowerFlash cable is an extra $250.

The tune is specific to your modifications.

The PowerFlash is not necessary, but it will allow you to return to stock or update at any time.

Is it a mail in tune or do I have to drive to you ? and whats the power flash cable ?

MGM GT
02-01-2010, 07:12 PM
DO NOT do a stat if you live in a cold climate.

Got any valid reasons to not run one? I've had one since I got the car and its been running just fine... coolant is fine, oil is fine, gas mileage is fine, power is there, heat is still overbearing.

As for the OP... GET A TUNE!!

Devilish34
02-01-2010, 07:13 PM
I was thinking that I have to little modifications to make a tune worth it

With a cai the engine tune will pick up 15ish but the trans tune will wake up the car.

jab336
02-01-2010, 07:59 PM
I want to get a tune too. I like the VMS tune but $250 for cables seems like a lot. I think i might just go with the cortex for $350, go back to stock whenever i want and also have the ability to run 87 or 93 when i want. 93 in the summer and 87 in the winters. Im sure the VMS is better but worth the extra $250??

Steve GT
02-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Tune, no question.

whiterp199
02-01-2010, 09:40 PM
You can get a vms tune for 350. You only need the power flash cable if you want the ability to switch from stock to tuned at a moments notice.

bwooten492
02-01-2010, 10:42 PM
Got any valid reasons to not run one? I've had one since I got the car and its been running just fine... coolant is fine, oil is fine, gas mileage is fine, power is there, heat is still overbearing.

As for the OP... GET A TUNE!!

Agreed on the t stat.
Op get a tune. Not a cortex.

Kirk@VectorMotorsports
02-02-2010, 06:41 AM
Is it a mail in tune or do I have to drive to you ? and whats the power flash cable ?

You can drive to us or use one of the options below. You could send in your ECM but you would not get our world famous Transmission tune. The TCM is located in the transmission. Both options below will program both. Also, all of our tunes have the "Stealth" feature at no charge.

The PowerFalsh cable is an interface that lets you install the tunes yourself. You can return to stock when wanted or update your tune for futre mods (no charge). The PowerFlash also has a pretty good scanner program attached to read codes and monitor sensor readings in real time.

You can also borrow our FlashXpress cable, you just pay shipping and a deposit that is returned when the cable is sent back.

g8gxp
02-02-2010, 07:49 AM
You should get a really big rear wing and some moroso/tein/injen/vtec/NOS stickers. If you want to go really really fast, you'll need to shell out an extra 5 bucks to put a fartcan on the exhaust.

r33pwrd
02-02-2010, 08:10 AM
You should get a really big rear wing and some moroso/tein/injen/vtec/NOS stickers. If you want to go really really fast, you'll need to shell out an extra 5 bucks to put a fartcan on the exhaust.

those mods on work on GXP's in Florida :)

Kirk@VectorMotorsports
02-02-2010, 08:34 AM

I second the huge rear wing. Also get the NX "shotgun" dual blue LED nitrous purge kit.

Or our tune :)

fastg8mi
02-02-2010, 09:30 AM
i have a vector tune and its great. Dont hesitate and get it!!!!

travis gore
02-02-2010, 09:44 AM
Just get the vector tune. flash cable will come in handy if your local dealer is a dick. Kirk is right the TCM tune is worth its weight in GOLD!!!!!. I am running the stage 2 TCM, it hits hard,I have not tried the stage 1 and doubt I will

Kermit
02-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Like everyone is saying, the tune is really the way to go. I had the stage 1 tune for the TCM for quite awhile and just last week put the stage 2 in. Can't see how much of a difference it is right now with the weather but overall, a TUNE is what you WANT!!
Still waiting to hear back from Kirk on scanning/tunning questions but I think overall they are a grrrr8 company to buy from.

travis gore
02-02-2010, 11:03 AM
Like everyone is saying, the tune is really the way to go. I had the stage 1 tune for the TCM for quite awhile and just last week put the stage 2 in. Can't see how much of a difference it is right now with the weather but overall, a TUNE is what you WANT!!
Still waiting to hear back from Kirk on scanning/tunning questions but I think overall they are a grrrr8 company to buy from.

I need to run a scan myself. maybe today it is finally above frezzing. Did you use excel to veiw the scan?

kade7236
02-02-2010, 12:01 PM
You can drive to us or use one of the options below. You could send in your ECM but you would not get our world famous Transmission tune. The TCM is located in the transmission. Both options below will program both. Also, all of our tunes have the "Stealth" feature at no charge.

The PowerFalsh cable is an interface that lets you install the tunes yourself. You can return to stock when wanted or update your tune for futre mods (no charge). The PowerFlash also has a pretty good scanner program attached to read codes and monitor sensor readings in real time.

You can also borrow our FlashXpress cable, you just pay shipping and a deposit that is returned when the cable is sent back.

Kirk I have a question what happens if I get the tune and then get more work done to the car at later time, cam long tubes and all the other goodies, what do I do then?

I’m ready to take the 5 hours drive to come see you on Saturdaya with cash in hand, if I get the ecm/tcm tune and VMS powerflash are you able to give me a dino sheet before and after or just the after, and will you educate me on how to use the cable

familycaronROIDS!
02-02-2010, 12:48 PM
Yes he could upgrade your tune if you add Long Tubes. My buds that have the VMS tune here in So Cal love it. Their results at the track speak for themselves...

-Ray-
02-02-2010, 02:51 PM
Kirk I have a question what happens if I get the tune and then get more work done to the car at later time, cam long tubes and all the other goodies, what do I do then?

I’m ready to take the 5 hours drive to come see you on Saturdaya with cash in hand, if I get the ecm/tcm tune and VMS powerflash are you able to give me a dino sheet before and after or just the after, and will you educate me on how to use the cable

Buy the cables. I did all that, one part at a time. Kirk sent me a tune each time. When I found out I was running rich, I had him tune it on the dyno. Again, for free.

Mighty Horse
02-02-2010, 03:27 PM
TUNE! Single best mod I've done. I'm lucky enough to live close to VMS (about a 4hr drive). Took a day off work, drove up excited about getting the tune done and drove back home with full on wood! Night and day difference.

Kermit
02-02-2010, 03:34 PM
I need to run a scan myself. maybe today it is finally above frezzing. Did you use excel to veiw the scan?

That's just it, I think mine is not working correctly.

travis gore
02-02-2010, 03:51 PM
I did run a scan today. The first scan will play back. the second scan where I scared the wife . will only play for a couple of seconds. when I hit start excel I get a "run time error'429' axtive x componet can't create object

KaheeNalu
02-02-2010, 08:25 PM
Vector tune with the flash cable so far is the best purchase I have made within the $500 range. Of course after taxes Ill be sending more money to them for more upgrades...hmmm what should I get next? Sure would love to install a Maggie though.

kevinm0131
02-04-2010, 04:21 PM
Vector tune! No doubt. The engine tune is excellent the tranny tune is to die for!

Still giggle when I think about the first time I took it into the dealer. My servicing dealer never had a GXP, so they get all excited when I bring mine in. Well the one service manager says he will pull my car around rather than let the tech do it, He comes back in after a 10 - 15 mph cruise around the building and says, wow, the GXP sure shifts a lot better than the GT! I just said yeah....it does seem to. LOL

I may have to get me one of those powerflash cables too.

Kevin

kade7236
02-06-2010, 05:10 PM
First of thank you Kirk @ Vector Motorsports,

Today I have woken up early in the morning (5am) like a kid on a Christmas morning why you might ask well today I drove 313 miles to Vector Motorsports to meet with Kirk for G8 ECM/TCM Tune a VMS power flash cable and heat soak reduction kit let me tell you best $ ever spend!!!!!

Day and night difference, absolutely a must buy for every G8 on the road

Once more thank you Kirk, and we definitely will do business again!!!
:first::first::first::first::first::first::first:: first::first::first::first::first:

bubblyjock
02-07-2010, 11:26 PM
The tune is a must!

Kirk@VectorMotorsports
02-08-2010, 09:03 AM

Today I have woken up early in the morning (5am) like a kid on a Christmas morning why you might ask well today I drove 313 miles to Vector Motorsports to meet with Kirk for G8 ECM/TCM Tune a VMS power flash cable and heat soak reduction kit let me tell you best $ ever spend!!!!!

:first::first::first::first::first::first::first:: first::first::first::first::first:

Thanks! It was great meeting you!

When the weather breaks, get that thing to the track.

travis gore
02-08-2010, 09:42 AM

good deal. see we would not tell you wrong. I love my VMS tune & cable

dv327
02-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Vector FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!