PDA

View Full Version : How many people are waiting on the GXP?

99-LS1-SS
10-23-2008, 05:52 AM
I have given my $500 to "reserve" a GXP when they finally come in. How many others are going to wait?

GRRRR8
10-23-2008, 05:57 AM
I am waiting to see one on the road! ;)

99-LS1-SS
10-23-2008, 06:09 AM
I'm glad I don't live in Texas. I don't want my ego abused that quickly after I get the car.

GRRRR8
10-23-2008, 06:20 AM
I'm glad I don't live in Texas. I don't want my ego abused that quickly after I get the car.

I really dont look to pick on people, but if they make the mistake.........
NO MERCY!!!

99-LS1-SS
10-23-2008, 06:26 AM
The problem is that I have a genetic disposition to race whoever wants to race regardless of my chances. It's all fun to me. Win, lose or draw.

GRRRR8
10-23-2008, 06:29 AM
So you are what I call a victim. lol No you seem to be the type that always has a car that can hold its own.

Andy@Livernois
10-23-2008, 08:00 AM
TMK we still have a deposit on one :D

N2G8GXP
10-23-2008, 01:29 PM
I have given my $500 to "reserve" a GXP when they finally come in. How many others are going to wait?
We have spoken with 2 dealers and we heard this week one of them will be getting a panther black 6-speed manual with sunroof. Originially we did not want the sunroof so the other dealer let us know they are waiting from GM to see if they can get one without sunroof. After looking at the G8 GT's the sports red metallic is growing on us. Bummer about GM considering stopping production!

N2G8GXP
10-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Just found am interesting article on Pontiac Underground that the rumors of the demise of the G8 is untrue if anyone is interested they can click on the following link
http://pontiacunderground.typepad.com/

99-LS1-SS
10-24-2008, 05:02 AM
Here is what the article says for those who have sites blocked by work.

"RUMORS OF OUR DEMISE...PART II

Every few months, it seems that another rumor hits the Internet that Pontiac is throwing in the towel. Given the craziness that is the automotive industry right now, we guess it's not surprising that some folks want to write us off, but that doesn't make it true.

The latest is that we're cancelling the G8. Interesting idea...just launch what most people think is one of the best cars we've ever built, bring two more models (G8 GXP and G8 ST) to the market over the next year...then cancel it.

Can you say, "Not gonna happen?"

Here's the straight scoop. The G8 is a solid part of the Pontiac portfolio...period. We've just started building the G8 GXP in Australia and the first cars should be here right around the end of the year. The G8 ST is still on target to start production about mid-summer 2009 and arrive in North America in the fall. And, even in this dismal automotive market, the G8 sedan and G8 GT keeps right on selling

Interestingly, the Solstice was the target of the "cancellation" rumor here a couple of months ago, yet the Solstice Coupe starts production in January. Sense a pattern here?

Look, we all know that the auto industry is under a lot of pressure right now and we'll admit to a certain degree of nervousness about the future ourselves. But, we are a car company, pure and simple, so our plan is to keep building great cars, like the G8 and Solstice, today, tomorrow, and the next day.

We'll leave the predictions for the future to the folks at the Psychic Friends Network."

GRRRR8
10-24-2008, 06:24 AM
That is GRRRR8 news!

xfactor
10-25-2008, 06:48 AM
I too am waiting on the GXP. The dealer I spoke with is also getting a Panther Black, M6, w/ Sunroof but he does not expect it to arrive until after the first of the year. These are good guys I have dealt with them for 10 years so I trust what he is telling me, he's the owner and when he told me it was the first the sales guys have heard, they were asking more questions than me. He told me that only 30% will have sunroofs and that the M6 will also be as rare. the M6 is what has kept me from buying the GT, and my wife keeps saying "don't settle, get what you want" - I knew there was a good reason I married her!

Panther Black is my first choice with MGM a very very close second (very close to becoming my 1st choice). I have seen every color except IOM, which will not be available on the GXP, and like these two the best. Third would be Silver or White.

By the way, I don't know if any have seen one but I saw a Standard G8 with cloth, It actually looked very nice. Yet I digress...

From what I saw above, including me, that would be 2 that are waiting on the GXP???