PDA

View Full Version : Just got the vararam installed!

dthornton8
01-27-2010, 08:57 PM
So I just got home from Shawn's (aka Rednismo) house where he installed my new Vararam on my G8 GT. I haven't had a lot of time to really drive with it yet but my first impression is that it is awesome! The engine sounds louder/deeper under throttle but I tried not to give it too much gas at first.

The install went very well, Shawn is definitely the most knowledgeable person I have met about cars and he really did an awesome job with the install. Thanks again Shawn!

I will give the Vararam a more complete review in a couple weeks after I have gotten to test it out more fully.

dukeofpg
01-28-2010, 06:47 PM
The engine sounds louder/deeper under throttle but I tried not to give it too much gas at first.

Why are you holding back? It can't get pregnant.

dthornton8
01-28-2010, 07:17 PM
Why are you holding back? It can't get pregnant.

HAHA 3 inches of rain was in the forecast today so it wasn't really the best day to drive the car!

Also the instructions from Vararam say to drive it normally for like 30 miles for the ECU relearn since I can't afford a tune right now.

Punisher
01-28-2010, 08:21 PM
HAHA 3 inches of rain was in the forecast today so it wasn't really the best day to drive the car!

Also the instructions from Vararam say to drive it normally for like 30 miles for the ECU relearn since I can't afford a tune right now.

I remember when I got mine. It was hard not stomping the pedal for a whole 30 miles...

Mighty Horse
01-28-2010, 09:12 PM
Who reads the instructions any way? Go for it! :thumbsup:

kevinm0131
01-29-2010, 07:11 PM
My car was on the dyno when it was installed.....

dthornton8
01-29-2010, 08:01 PM
My car was on the dyno when it was installed.....

What kind of numbers did you put up before and after you installed the vararam?

bigtreepu
01-30-2010, 02:30 AM
What kind of numbers did you put up before and after you installed the vararam?
He's sensitive about this question. He thinks he may have the lowest powered GXP. LOL. sorry Kevin, I couldn't resist.

~Matt

dthornton8
01-30-2010, 11:21 AM
He's sensitive about this question. He thinks he may have the lowest powered GXP. LOL. sorry Kevin, I couldn't resist.

~Matt

HAHA well He doesn't have to put up the actual numbers, just the difference in power from before to after. i.e. 15 hp- 20 hp or whatever

Muff Daddy
02-02-2010, 02:37 PM
Mine is coming sometime this week. I LOVED what it did on my vette, hope it does the same on the g8. I got a SMOKING deal on it that I normally never saw so I couldn't pass it up.

familycaronROIDS!
02-02-2010, 02:45 PM
I went from the CAI side mount to the Vararam OTR the car felt torquier.......

dthornton8
02-02-2010, 10:04 PM
I went from the CAI side mount to the Vararam OTR the car felt torquier.......

Well going from stock intake to the OTR I can definitely say that it is torquier... I used to be able to just smash the pedal to the floor and not spin the tires at all but now if I do that the stabilitrack kicks in! haha