PDA

View Full Version : New Era Intake Owners..

powershiftlol
01-22-2010, 01:53 AM
Just wondering when did u guys change your filters? and what filter did u buy?

locrzn#92
01-22-2010, 05:01 AM
I haven't changed mine yet, although I have cleaned it. I'll call Mike at NEP for the filter number when its time. I've got the otr.

BlueJacket
01-22-2010, 06:02 AM
Its a K&N so no need to replace it. Just get the cleaner/oil kit and clean the filter and then reoil it.

majesticix
01-22-2010, 07:44 AM
I'm a lazy ass so I just buy a brand new one every 15,000 miles or so. For $40, I'd rather not spend my time oiling it. I do pick out the bugs and crap every now and then.

http://neweraperformanceparts.com/default.asp?S=503&A=E&PKV=332677|0

BlueJacket
01-22-2010, 08:15 AM
Thats just crazy. :crazyman:

powershiftlol
01-23-2010, 12:04 PM
yeah im at 6k miles right now.. yah im lazy aswell hehe.. i guess ill just buy a new filter.. its gonna be more difficult to change now since i got that Cover on it....prob gonna have to take the whole intake out? :uhm:

MIEngineer
01-24-2010, 07:28 AM
You buy a new filter....really?

I can understand buying two, and cycling them after cleaning and having one on the shelf to swap the next time around....but wow.

majesticix
01-24-2010, 09:59 AM
Yup...I guess having two and swapping isn't a bad idea...I really never bothered to even try oiling one. My brother told me what to do and I just thought, it's just easier to buy another one lol. Plus the kit I think is like $20 in and of itself, so I was halfway there to a new one haha. I'm the same way with oil changes...I'd rather pay someone else to do it (right of course).

Now, I do swap my winter/summer rims and brakes so I'm not completely useless, but close. :)

majesticix
01-24-2010, 10:05 AM
yeah im at 6k miles right now.. yah im lazy aswell hehe.. i guess ill just buy a new filter.. its gonna be more difficult to change now since i got that Cover on it....prob gonna have to take the whole intake out? :uhm:

Cover will make it a bit more difficult to get at, but you shouldn't have to remove the whole intake. I've removed mine before with ease, though before the cover. Should still be able to yank it out from the side.

BlueJacket
01-24-2010, 10:23 AM
Yup...I guess having two and swapping isn't a bad idea...I really never bothered to even try oiling one. My brother told me what to do and I just thought, it's just easier to buy another one lol. Plus the kit I think is like $20 in and of itself, so I was halfway there to a new one haha. I'm the same way with oil changes...I'd rather pay someone else to do it (right of course).

Now, I do swap my winter/summer rims and brakes so I'm not completely useless, but close. :)

The thing is that kit is not one time use. You will be able to use it at least 4-5 times so its no where near being half way to a new filter. JMO its your money. :cheers:

powershiftlol
01-24-2010, 11:21 AM
40 bucks pftt

http://www.neweraperformanceparts.com/default.asp?S=503&A=E&PKV=332677|0

majesticix
01-24-2010, 12:15 PM
The thing is that kit is not one time use. You will be able to use it at least 4-5 times so its no where near being half way to a new filter. JMO its your money. :cheers:

No doubt. Time is money baby, and these days time is sparse it seems! Darn kids. I may try oiling it one of these days...my last car I only replaced it once before I sold it, so it wasn't a big deal. This one is far more exposed than my last so we'll see.

BlueJacket
01-24-2010, 12:29 PM
No doubt. Time is money baby, and these days time is sparse it seems! Darn kids. I may try oiling it one of these days...my last car I only replaced it once before I sold it, so it wasn't a big deal. This one is far more exposed than my last so we'll see.

The part that takes the longest time is letting it dry after you wash it. Washing and reoiling takes no time at all. The key is to not over do the oil.

majesticix
01-25-2010, 08:43 AM
That over doing the oil part is what led me to buy a new one...you're talking to a guy who snapped a damn head bolt taking off his intake. That was a nasty $600 mistake. I have a tendency to overdue everything.