PDA

View Full Version : 40% off sale on all BMR bushings for the G8!!!

BMR Sales
01-21-2010, 09:56 AM
:D I just got the okay for our first sale on our BMR G8 bushings, and it's gonna be a big one. This sale will include all individual bushings and bushing packages. It is simple any bushing/s or bushing packages you buy will be 40% off their retail price it's that simple. To recieve this sale price the order must be done directly through BMR, either by phone or online. If you purchase through our online store the pricing will show retail but will be adjusted when the order is processed. If you guys have any questions or would like to place an order give me a call at the shop. (813)986-9302

Here is a link to all our G8 products we have for you guys: http://www.bmrfabrication.com/G8.htm

Thanks,
Kyle

J Wikoff
01-21-2010, 10:02 AM
Is there a kit of bushings that are fairly simple for a DIY guy like me to install with typical tools?

BMR Sales
01-21-2010, 10:36 AM
Is there a kit of bushings that are fairly simple for a DIY guy like me to install with typical tools?

There are definiteley some that are way easier than others. Give me a call at the shop and I can walk through all the bushings that can be done relatively easily. (813)986-9302

Voice of Reason
01-21-2010, 10:41 AM
:facepalm2: I just ordered the diff bushings from you on Monday. Doh!

BMR Sales
01-21-2010, 11:03 AM
:facepalm2: I just ordered the diff bushings from you on Monday. Doh!

Buy some more and take advantage of the sale or call me up and order some chassis and suspension stuff and I will make sure you get taken care of. :D

ArkGL01
01-21-2010, 11:30 AM
Ready for those sway bars to come out!!!!

BMR Sales
01-21-2010, 11:34 AM
Ready for those sway bars to come out!!!!

Tust me I am kicking our development guys in the butt trying to get them to get em finished up. :)

DRCUSTOMPARTS
01-21-2010, 01:21 PM
How long is the sale going on?

BMR Sales
01-21-2010, 01:42 PM
How long is the sale going on?

Honestly I have not been given any specific dates, but I figure it will last for a little while.

travis gore
01-21-2010, 01:57 PM

check the website. on left hand side you will find instructions. very good detail,even tells you what tools you will need

DRCUSTOMPARTS
01-22-2010, 09:04 AM
I was looking at the instructions to install the rear bushings, and it shows a hydraulic press and mentions a bushing removal tool. Is the bushing tool a universal one or do I have to buy it from BMR? Also I don't have a hydraulic press, does that mean I can't install the bushings myself?

Added: I just looked at the instructions to install the front bushings and it doesn't seem very easy. I think I'd rather have a pro install this stuff, I'd hate to mess up my car. Do the bushings installs require an alignment?

Chewy
01-22-2010, 10:11 AM
I was looking at the instructions to install the rear bushings, and it shows a hydraulic press and mentions a bushing removal tool. Is the bushing tool a universal one or do I have to buy it from BMR? Also I don't have a hydraulic press, does that mean I can't install the bushings myself?

Added: I just looked at the instructions to install the front bushings and it doesn't seem very easy. I think I'd rather have a pro install this stuff, I'd hate to mess up my car. Do the bushings installs require an alignment?

Good idea and YES! Alignment is necessary.

BMR Sales
01-22-2010, 10:53 AM
Good idea and YES! Alignment is necessary.

He is absolutely correct an alignment is definitely needed after in stalling bushings depending on which ones you do. Give me a call and we can get it all figured out for you. I have installed many sets of these bushings so I have more than my fair share of first hand experience.

DRCUSTOMPARTS
01-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Why can't you just answer my questions about the bushing installing tool and the hydraulic press, instead of me trying to find the time to call you.

BMR Sales
01-22-2010, 02:35 PM
Why can't you just answer my questions about the bushing installing tool and the hydraulic press, instead of me trying to find the time to call you.

It is generally alot easier to explain stuff over the phone then through typing over the internet. It depends what bushings you are talking about, here is a breakdown for you:

BK001-Differential Bushings- There is no easy wat to get thes out, I generally cut out the center of the stock bushingand then I will calapse the shell of the bushing using a punch/screwdriver to get it out. No press is needed.

Instructions off our website for BK001: http://www.bmrfabrication.com/INSTALL/BK001.pdf

BK002-Crossmember Bushings- Lower the cradle enough to slide these in, no real special tools are needed.

Instructions off our website for BK002: http://www.bmrfabrication.com/INSTALL/BK002.pdf

BK004-Bushing, Rear Lower Control Arm, Outer (GT only)- I made a tool to remove these, but they can also be removed using a hole saw/drill. No press needed.

Instructions off our website for BK004: http://www.bmrfabrication.com/INSTALL/BK004.pdf

BK005-Bushing, Rear Upper Control Arm, Inner- Easiest way is to lower the rear cradle. A press is needed to get the stock bushing out and using a press is the easiest way to get our bushing back in.

Instructions off our website for BK005: http://www.bmrfabrication.com/INSTALL/BK005.pdf

BK006-Bushing, Rear Trailing Arm, Outer- Used a tool I made at the shop for this also, but the stock bushing can be removed using a hole saw/drill. No press needed.

Instuctions off our website for BK006: http://www.bmrfabrication.com/INSTALL/BK006.pdf

BK008-Bushing, Steering Rack Mount- Simple hand tool will get this one taken care of.

Instructions off our website for BK008: http://www.bmrfabrication.com/INSTALL/BK008.pdf

BK009-Bushing, Front Lower Control Arm (rear), Inner- Only takes simple hand tools to get the lower control arm off, but a press is needed to remove the stock bushing and install our bushing.

Instructions off our website for BK009: http://www.bmrfabrication.com/INSTALL/BK009.pdf

BK010-Bushing, Front Radius Rod- Only takes simple hand tools to get the lower control arm off, but a press is needed to remove the stock bushing and install our bushing.

Instructions off our website for BK010: http://www.bmrfabrication.com/INSTALL/BK010.pdf

BK011-Bushing, Front Strut Mount- Simple hand tools will get this one done, you will need a spring compressor to compress the spring so you can get the stock strut mount off and ours installed.

Instructions off our website for BK011: http://www.bmrfabrication.com/INSTALL/BK011.pdf

I hope that thouroughly answers any question you had. There are links for the bushings if want to see pictures and how I instlled them in our test car.

pokey
01-22-2010, 09:49 PM
Ordered the Rear Cradle Bushing kit. The pile of stuff to install on the G8 is growing, I hope Spring comes soon to WI. Thanks for the great deal!

BMR Sales
01-25-2010, 07:44 AM
Ordered the Rear Cradle Bushing kit. The pile of stuff to install on the G8 is growing, I hope Spring comes soon to WI. Thanks for the great deal!

Your order and all other order that were odered online will ship today! Make sure you guys take advantage of these prices while they last. :D

Valkim
01-25-2010, 07:51 AM
does the strut tower brace fall under the sale as well?

BMR Sales
01-25-2010, 10:47 AM
does the strut tower brace fall under the sale as well?

No only the bushings and bushing kits.

2 GTOs
01-31-2010, 09:44 AM
Got my stuff, thanks. Not sure if you realize but for the rear diff bushings, there is an "A" and a "B" part number. The instructions you posted above show that and explain where each go. The instructions that were in the box are different and don't have the explanation of "a" vs "b" (step 18 is different). You may want to update the instructions you put in the box when shipping.

Also curious on what makes this one different.

Thanks for the great price.

BMR Sales
02-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Got my stuff, thanks. Not sure if you realize but for the rear diff bushings, there is an "A" and a "B" part number. The instructions you posted above show that and explain where each go. The instructions that were in the box are different and don't have the explanation of "a" vs "b" (step 18 is different). You may want to update the instructions you put in the box when shipping.

Also curious on what makes this one different.

Thanks for the great price.

They must be the old instructions, I will make sure the shipping department gets that squared away. The way the holes in the bushings are and the size of the holes which gives it the bushings different characteristics is the difference.

Bhuge
02-23-2010, 05:57 PM
Is this sale still going on?

BMR Sales
02-24-2010, 06:37 AM
Is this sale still going on?

Yeah the sale will go on till the end of the month, it will end 2/28/2010 at midnight. Take advantage of the pricing while you can. :D

MGM GT
02-24-2010, 06:51 AM
Yeah the sale will go on till the end of the month, it will end 2/28/2010 at midnight. Take advantage of the pricing while you can. :D

Woot I got my order in!

Thanks

dv327
02-24-2010, 07:19 AM
If I order on line, will I get the discount ?

BMR Sales
02-24-2010, 08:23 AM
Woot I got my order in!

Thanks
Good deal!

If I order on line, will I get the discount ?
If you order online it will show the retail price but when I process the order I will add the discount in and you will see that the card charged will will be charged the discount price.

ulakovic22
02-24-2010, 02:36 PM
Good news! For 40% off I just might have to get in on this!

BMR Sales
02-24-2010, 02:54 PM
Good news! For 40% off I just might have to get in on this!

Give me a call before the sale ends, I have everything in stock and ready to ship. :D

ulakovic22
02-24-2010, 03:01 PM
Do you strut mounts come with bearings or just the bushing?

Do you sell the bearing if not? Sorry if you already answered the question.

BMR Sales
02-25-2010, 06:51 AM
Do you strut mounts come with bearings or just the bushing?

Do you sell the bearing if not? Sorry if you already answered the question.

Our strut mount DO NOT bearings but we do sell them seperately. The bearings themselves are $69.95 for the pair. I have all the bushings and the bearings in stock and ready to ship.