PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding Mickey Thompson Et Streets

zosoboogie
01-20-2010, 10:32 AM
Looking to go to the drag strip tomorrow it would be me going by myself so do I put the et street on at home and drive with the slick on the cars to the track?? And I would need to drive on the highway to get to the track its about 1 hour drive about 43 miles away!

Or is it better to find someone to go with me and put the slicks on at the track because I would need another car for equipment??
I once before drove the car with the mt et street on the car it was a really bouncy ride!

Any suggestions?

Blackrider
01-20-2010, 10:34 AM
Looking to go to the drag strip tomorrow it would be me going by myself so do I put the et street on at home and drive with the slick on the cars to the track?? And I would need to drive on the highway to get to the track its about 1 hour drive about 43 miles away!

Or is it better to find someone to go with me and put the slicks on at the track because I would need another car for equipment??
I once before drove the car with the mt et street on the car it was a really bouncy ride!

Any suggestions?

You could put them on at home, just hope the Police don't see you on your way there. I would take a jack with you and put them on at the track.

MGM GT
01-20-2010, 10:37 AM
You could put them on at home, just hope the Police don't see you on your way there. I would take a jack with you and put them on at the track.

Why? They are DOT legal.

G8GT594
01-20-2010, 10:59 AM
ET Streets are DOT legal. Don't run the pressure to high or you will wear out the centers quickly because it is such a soft tire. I put mine on at home and drive to the track and back . No sudden lane changes, avoid water, and cornering is a big no no.

ddcook08
01-20-2010, 11:31 AM
You should be okay, and what he ^^ said.

Blackrider
01-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Why? They are DOT legal.

I did not know that, thanks for clearing it up!

I guess the call them "ET STREETS" for a reason. Duh.

GeorgeInNePa
01-20-2010, 12:20 PM
The tires go in the trunk and the jack can go on the rear floor. Here's a pic of all 4 of my tires in the trunk, plus wood blocks and the jack handle.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/GeorgeInNePa/G8/tires.jpg

G8GT721
01-20-2010, 03:57 PM
i email MT tech and ask if it would be ok to drive ~170 miles to and from the track and they said

No we would strongly not recommend that as that is a far distance and would be to much consistent long distance heat.

Thanks,

Shaun Sparks
Mickey Thompson Tires & wheels
Technical Support
PH:(330) 928-9092 EXT:3155
Direct Line:(330) 686-3555
FAX:(330) 928-0503

familycaronROIDS!
01-20-2010, 05:36 PM
Just put them on at the track. It should take you about 10-20minutes tops to switch out. Trust me they will last longer that way.

zosoboogie
01-20-2010, 06:08 PM
The tires go in the trunk and the jack can go on the rear floor. Here's a pic of all 4 of my tires in the trunk, plus wood blocks and the jack handle.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/GeorgeInNePa/G8/tires.jpg

where do you leave the stock tire when you are drag racing

edmanet
01-20-2010, 06:19 PM

George uses a long chain with a lock. At Cecil no one bothers your stuff. I left my stockers lying near George's rims. Other times there are guys that I know there and I'll shove my rims in their truck.

The only problem I ever had at Cecil was someone moved my stuff. I came back from a run and didn't see my rims, jack, and other equipment. Someone wanted the spot and moved my stuff.

The guys we hang with at Cecil watch out for each other.

GeorgeInNePa
01-20-2010, 07:23 PM

George uses a long chain with a lock. At Cecil no one bothers your stuff. I left my stockers lying near George's rims. Other times there are guys that I know there and I'll shove my rims in their truck.

The only problem I ever had at Cecil was someone moved my stuff. I came back from a run and didn't see my rims, jack, and other equipment. Someone wanted the spot and moved my stuff.

The guys we hang with at Cecil watch out for each other.

Normally, you won't have any problems. For years we left the trailer doors open and spent hours waiting in the lanes. I can't remember ever having anything taken.

That being said, it only takes a few minutes to chain it all up and make it tougher for any of your wheels or jack disappear.

The torque wrench and breaker bar go in the trunk during the runs.

zosoboogie
01-21-2010, 04:40 AM
I managed to find someone to come with me but now it might rain! Damn!

locrzn#92
01-22-2010, 05:05 AM
You definetly don't want to run the et's in the rain.

DRUGS
01-27-2010, 06:37 AM
i have them on my car andhad them on my 2002 svt lightning drove them everywere they drive fine just have to get use to then and i do a lot of street racing making a video to post on in a few months i should be nice they hook great on the street better on the track!!!

Rawyzf
01-29-2010, 07:27 AM
DRUGS - regarding your sig, Isn't Charlie now the fastest Bolt on G8?

MGM GT
01-29-2010, 08:04 AM
DRUGS - regarding your sig, Isn't Charlie now the fastest Bolt on G8?

haha NO Charlie has far more then bolt ons. If that was the case then Devilish would be in the lead.

Rawyzf
01-29-2010, 08:08 AM
haha NO Charlie has far more then bolt ons. If that was the case then Devilish would be in the lead.

LOL, I'm an idiot today. I was thinking NA vs FI.

MGM GT
01-29-2010, 08:18 AM
LOL, I'm an idiot today. I was thinking NA vs FI.

It's all good haha

DRUGS
01-29-2010, 02:10 PM
lol NO!!! he is close but he has cnc heads and cam for the big diffrence from my intake header tune and stall car i am very lightly modded