PDA

View Full Version : extra bolts

VETTE72
10-21-2008, 06:06 AM
has anyone besides me had an extra bolt rattling around inside the bellhousing that ended up getting stuck between the flywheel and a plastic cover, covering a hole on the front of the bellhousing,the dealer checked it out and no bolts were missing on flywheel or converter:huh:

GRRRR8
10-21-2008, 06:12 AM
I havent seen this yet. Something came out. I cant see what could be in there other then flywheel(impossible to see) or TQ converter bolts. I will do some checking though.

VETTE72
10-21-2008, 01:01 PM
the dealer said it was a bolt from the back cover plate on block they must have drop when putting it together they called GM warranty and they hadnt had any other reports

GM_Fan
12-28-2008, 10:01 AM
No extra bellhousing bolts.

I found an extra plastic widgit fastener in the passenger door. When I slowed quickly or make quick movements I could hear it rattling around. It was driving me crazy.

Might as well bump this up and see if anybody has found any more spare parts.

conipc
12-28-2008, 01:27 PM
An extra trim fastener on the right front floor. Missing was a fastener for the hood blanket.....

PantherGTBlack
02-23-2009, 01:20 AM
An extra trim fastener on the right front floor. Missing was a fastener for the hood blanket.....

I had a fastener for the hood blanket missing also.

conipc
02-23-2009, 10:18 AM
Yeah, and when I got one from the dealer it didn't match the others at all--different size all around and different finish....