PDA

View Full Version : GXP allotments

Spanielrage
10-20-2008, 03:27 PM
Several Texas dealers have received their GXP allotments. However, they're stuck with what Pontiac is sending them, apparently with no choice as to content. No delivery dates set.

I've had to pull all kinds of strings to find a dealer to give GM S pricing, but finally found one in West Texas. He's getting only one GXP, and it's a silver automatic. Not my first choice, but it'll do.

99-LS1-SS
10-20-2008, 03:30 PM
So, am I reading into your statement correctly by assuming that while the dealerships can't pick their cars, they do know what they are getting?

GRRRR8
10-20-2008, 03:37 PM
Pretty much just like the 1st G8s then. You get what you get and hope a dealer will trade with you so you can sell a car.

Spanielrage
10-20-2008, 05:49 PM
From what several dealers have told me, Pontiac gave them an allotment, and the dealer gets whatever. No choice as to color or transmission. Also, all have sunroofs (which I also didn't want) and summer tires, but this may be a regional thing. More to come.......

09SRMGT
10-20-2008, 09:46 PM
Interesting. Allocations, but no tagging in other words. Wonder how long it will be before they appear on gminventory.com and tagging commences? With even small dealers starting to build inventories of Base and GTs would think it shouldn't take too long?:twocents:

Spanielrage
10-22-2008, 06:07 PM
From what I'm being told, no tagging this time around. It's just luck of the draw, so I wonder if they'll even show up on the standard inventory reports? However, one dealer confirmed they are alloted a white GXP with a manual transmission (what I wanted, but they wouldn't give me GM S pricing). That should settle the rumors about no manual trans.

No word yet on delivery dates and final pricing.